[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMORS FLY OF QUINN TO RAIDERS

Outshined

Everybodys favorite rumor website; PFT...but it says the NFL network is reporting it.

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF QUINN TO RAIDERS

There are rumors right now in media circles that the Raiders are closing in on a deal with (drum roll, please) Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, who would then be named the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network tipped us off to the rumor. Mark Maske of the Washington Post acknowledges the rumor in a Friday afternoon chat, but he says he's not reporting that the deal is done.

We heard earlier in the week that the Raiders had made an initial offer to Quinn. We have since heard that, while hard numbers were not presented to Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, there was enough discussion about parameters and terms to give him a sufficient idea as to the ballpark amount of the deal.

For some reason I have thought they would draft him all along. Sure I can say that now and had never mentioned it before, but I have always saw him as being there QB. :D

For some reason I have thought they would draft him all along. Sure I can say that now and had never mentioned it before, but I have always saw him as being there QB. :D

Some of us have always thought Quinn would be the top QB, we just didn't realize that Da Raiders would find a way to not be dumb :D

I've been saying for some time he's the more qualified of the two. But where does this put the Lions? They've appeared uninterested in Quinn publicly but there's no clue as to what they think of JR since it's never been acknowledged he might be there for them.

Do they take him over Thomas or Calvin? And does Cleveland take Calvin if Quinn Russell are taken 1-2?

This will really FUBAR 99.9% of all mock drafts.

And the 0.01% of guys that have Quinn at the top of their mocks are now applying for jobs at ESPN and the NFL Network.

Edited by muck

Do they necessarily have to draft him just because they agree to a contract? Can't they agree to terms with all three picks & still take whoever as long as the deal is not consummated? Just saying this could still be more posturing & smoke screening in order to get a trade done.

Do they necessarily have to draft him just because they agree to a contract? Can't they agree to terms with all three picks & still take whoever as long as the deal is not consummated? Just saying this could still be more posturing & smoke screening in order to get a trade done.

...actually, this did cross my mind...

It's like Al to try to mind fok people through the nfl draft.

I've been saying for some time he's the more qualified of the two. But where does this put the Lions? They've appeared uninterested in Quinn publicly but there's no clue as to what they think of JR since it's never been acknowledged he might be there for them.

Do they take him over Thomas or Calvin? And does Cleveland take Calvin if Quinn Russell are taken 1-2?

if this is true (i'd still be VERY wary of that at this point), the only picks it really affects are 1 and 3, IMO.

Edited by Azazello1313

PFT edited the article:

Adam Schefter of NFL Network tipped us off to the rumor -- however, Schefter thinks that the rumor is not true. Mark Maske of the Washington Post acknowledges the rumor in a Friday afternoon chat, but he says he's not reporting that the deal is done.

Can't they agree to terms with all three picks & still take whoever as long as the deal is not consummated?

Ugh... conjures up images of Al Davis and Brady Quinn going all brokeback to consummate the deal. :D

A RUMOUR from Oakland throughout the week has been that Davis preferred Russell or Calvin, the Recruiting Staff wanted Calvin, but Kiffen and Knapp preferred Quinn.

A bit of a surpise, if this is true...I would have hoped they traded down to the #4 spot before taking him though.

Brady Quinn fits the mold of QB that Kiffen prefers for his hybrid West Coast Offense. Russell is definitely an Al Davis type of QB with the big arm but maybe Davis has learned from the past to let his coaches have more input. Besides, if the Raiders do run some variant of the West Coast Offense, Russell's strengths (the long ball) would be wasted because the bomb is not an intregal part of the scheme Kiffen wishes to implement.

Michael Huff was reportedly a Art Shell pick last year (Davis prefered Leinert). Quinn would definitely be a Kiffen pick.

Edited by Return Of S&B

JaMarcus Russell-QB-Player Apr. 27 - 4:58 pm et

The Washington Post reports "source familiar with the deliberations" says Oakland has not been in contact with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell as of this afternoon.

The Raiders are reportedly in contract talks with Brady Quinn, who may be willing to take a small amount less than Russell to be the No. 1 pick. Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is also believed to favor Quinn over Russell.

Link

Some of us have always thought Quinn would be the top QB, we just didn't realize that Da Raiders would find a way to not be dumb :D

Agree completely. If Raiders are going to go QB first round, then they need someone who can start Week 1. Personally think that Quinn is better prepared to do that -- although Russell might be the bigger star long term.

SuperChiefs / John