[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit to draft Johnson

Piranha

You guys suck..... :D

On a more serious note ..I can understand how they don't want to pass CJ up. IMO he is the most talented player in the draft. but we need a Joe Thomas.

If we end up with Russell or Quinn you are gonna be talking to 1 irate Lions fan today.

Make that 2...

And who will? I agree about trading down but I really do not think that the Lions will draft CJ in hopes of trading him. I really think that if they do trade him they will listen to offers but clearly plan to keep him unless the "Big Deal" is offered.

Who would help the Lions? I'd say that Gaines Adams, Patrick Willis, Joe Thomas all would fill gigantic holes that the team currently has. Any extra picks garnered from a trade down (any reasonable trade down, not necessarily a blockbuster) could help fill deficiencies in the secondary and the OL. Detroit has too many holes to be making luxury picks.

Who would help the Lions? I'd say that Gaines Adams, Patrick Willis, Joe Thomas all would fill gigantic holes that the team currently has. Any extra picks garnered from a trade down (any reasonable trade down, not necessarily a blockbuster) could help fill deficiencies in the secondary and the OL. Detroit has too many holes to be making luxury picks.

Speaking of our secondary,I still cannot believe we traded Bly away for that garbage. they traded possibly our best player(which aint saying much for us that CB could be our best player) and created another whole on our team. and IMO got nothing whatsoever in return.

Another thing to note is that Williams has 2 years left on his contract. Will Williams stay in Detroit? Its too soon to say with any certainty, but it doesn't look like it.

1) If he keeps producing, Williams is going to want a ton of money. He seems to me that he is the kind of guy that would go to the highest bidder (or maybe favor Dallas or Houston). Somebody is going to want to pay Williams. Do the Lions pay top dollar for a #2 (or 1A) WR?

2) The "Drew Stanton era" :D will be upon the Lions. Stanton is a project QB, so one has to wonder how much he'll develop in two years. Maybe he'll have learned to throw a spiral by then.

3) Martz will be gone.

4) Detroit will still be Detroit.

I'm liking the Calvin Johnson pick less and less. Its looking like a short term deal for a team with long term needs.