[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN draft not in HD ?

Menudo

Yeah, we have no idea what HD looks like. My 65" screen doesn't distiguish between SD and HD. Please...

Well, Timmy on the message board just confirmed that his Directv feed is not HD. He said it has the gray bars down the sides.

My TV says the format you're in. I've got Directv set to "native" so it'll pick up the best feed (I think). It's showing it's 720.

However, like the Vikings today...I'm no eckspurt on this.

Edited by TimC

My TV says the format you're in. I've got Directv set to "native" so it'll pick up the best feed (I think). It's showing it's 720.

However, like the Vikings today...I'm no eckspurt on this.

Yep, you are correct. 720. Still, no bars here and it looks A LOT better than NFL Network.

the espn HD channel is always going to be pushing out in 1080i or 720p, depending on your service and your box/tv setup. but if you see the gray bars, then they are just pushing an SD signal into their HD broadcast, and you are NOT watching HD content. typically it will still look better than another SD channel, 1) because it's not stretching, and 2) because i believe there is at least some progressive upconverting going on when they put the SD signal on their HD broadcast.

Edited by Azazello1313

the espn HD channel is always going to be pushing out in 1080i or 720p, depending on your service and your box/tv setup. but if you see the gray bars, then they are just pushing an SD signal into their HD broadcast, and you are NOT watching HD content. typically it will still look better than another SD channel, 1) because it's not stretching, and 2) because i believe there is at least some progressive upconverting going on when they put the SD signal on their HD broadcast.

Yep. Some of the commercials have been in HD. The draft is in a window with HD graphics around it. It looks better than the SD channel... but not HD. At least the text is nice and easy to read.