[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

quinn ...what is going on ?

isleseeya

If, for some reason, he's still there at #26, the Eagles would have to think long and hard.

McNabb, has another 2-3 years of his prime (assuming he can somehow remain injury-free)....many here are wondering just when the Eagles will begin their search for the heir apparent.

Quinn is a smart Notre-Damer....Andy Reid could do some good things with Quinn in grooming him to take over for McNabb in 2-3 years.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and he does go to cleveland ...cant beleive how many teams passed up on him

Why? Is the guy such a "can't miss?"

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many QBs get taken high. They're easily the hardest position to evaluate. Take a quick look at last year's leading passers (rating) only 1/3 of the top 15 were high first round picks and only 6 of those 15 were even 1st rounders.

If I've got a high pick, I want it to count and it's a whole lot less that can go wrong when you've got some freak of nature D-lineman sitting right there.

Remember what a steal GB got with Rogers?

how many millions did quinn lose by dropping from a supposed top 5 pick to number 22?? i have to think its substantial. its gotta suck when you have no control over what people are doing but are losing millions in the process. do i feel sorry for him, no. just commenting on his loss of income and not having any thing you can do about it.

If you would have told me that the Browns would have Quinn and Thomas after the first round, I would have thought they would have traded off there entire draft next year and Braylon Edwards.

Could Cleveland have finally figured it out?

They got lucky quinn slipped and seized the moment. That's all. Good trade that could end up changing the Brownies for the next 10 years.

how many millions did quinn lose by dropping from a supposed top 5 pick to number 22?? i have to think its substantial. its gotta suck when you have no control over what people are doing but are losing millions in the process. do i feel sorry for him, no. just commenting on his loss of income and not having any thing you can do about it.

I am thinking that he'll be paid like a top 10 player

Why? Is the guy such a "can't miss?"

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many QBs get taken high. They're easily the hardest position to evaluate. Take a quick look at last year's leading passers (rating) only 1/3 of the top 15 were high first round picks and only 6 of those 15 were even 1st rounders.

If I've got a high pick, I want it to count and it's a whole lot less that can go wrong when you've got some freak of nature D-lineman sitting right there.

Remember what a steal GB got with Rogers?

Agreed that Quinn is far from a "can't miss" guy, but a good QB is inherently more valuable than a "freak of nature D-lineman". Just ask Bears and Ravens fans.

At the price of this years 2nd and next years 1st.

Good trade but cost them.

I think that's too much for him.

His agent will say Kiper had him the #1 pick last year so he deserves #1 money. :D

Edited by Randall

I love the trade from the Cowboys perspective. They wanted a CB, but the CB's that they really wanted were gone. They can still get an impact WR with the Browns 2nd this year, and can probably get the top corner in the draft next year with the Browns 2008 1st.