[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colt's Pick

Big Dogs

Don't get me wrong. I like him as an offensive player, and every one of your points are valid about needing a 3rd WR, but when you give up as many rushing yards as we did last year, and lose our two starting corners...... I scratch my head.

Granted, I can't question Polian, the man is a genius.

Bad pick, IMO, unless they trade him. Unless Gonzalez has some unprecedented speed that I'm not aware of and Polian is looking to dump Marvin.

The Colts need a DT and a couple of OLBs, not a slot receiver.

That's why you are just some make believe genious on a FF message board, and not an NFL GM. :D

That's why you are just some make believe genious on a FF message board, and not an NFL GM. :tup:

But part of the issue with going offense as a first pick for Indy, is that we DON'T have a 2nd round pick this year, and there's no arguing our needs on defense.....:D

I know we have two 3rds and two 4ths, but........ :D

Edited by Big Dogs

That's why you are just some make believe genious on a FF message board, and not an NFL GM. :tup:

I'm shocked, because I consider Polian one of the best drafters in the league. So, does this mean that Marvin is on his way out in another year or two? :D

But part of the issue with going offense as a first pick for Indy, is that we DON'T have a 2nd round pick this year, and there's no arguing our needs on defense.....:D

EXACTLY!

Indy's defensive scheme is made for speedy players. They'll find some gems in the 3rd and 4th round. I'm assuming they go 1 DL, 2 DB's, and a LB in those rounds.

That's part of their problem. They need more beef up front and Booger isn't going to be around forever. Simon may already be done.

That's part of their problem. They need more beef up front and Booger isn't going to be around forever. Simon may already be done.

I know we are limited on CAP space, but are there any free agents out there at LB or DT we could find (and afford)??? :D

Edited by Big Dogs

My first instinct is to say Suffering succotash! are they doing?!?! But each time I have in the past Polian/Dungy have proven to know more than me. I think this year I'm going to trust their wisdom...doesn't follow logic IMO but they seem to find a way. Hope they do it once again.

ETA: Suffering succotash! :D

Edited by tonyr0802

Ok, we now made a trade with San Fran for the #42 pick in the second round, and we took Tony Ugoh, a Guard from Arkansas??? :D

Ok, Bill, Tony, did Ricky Williams stop by Indy and put some of that wacky tabacky in your sodas????

I'm all in favor for the Indy offense and protecting Peyton..........

But, HELLO....WE NEED SOME DEFENSIVE PLAYERS!!!! :D

I'm a Colts fan as well and I think it was an excellent pick, you do remember that the Colts won the SB just a few months ago with offense right?

The matra of "defense wins championships" is inaccurate. The team the scores the more points than its opponent wins last time I checked.

This team is gonna be a mother f-cker to stop on offense.

I'm a Colts fan as well and I think it was an excellent pick, you do remember that the Colts won the SB just a few months ago with offense right?

The matra of "defense wins championships" is inaccurate. The team the scores the more points than its opponent wins last time I checked.

You must've been watching a different team than me. The one I saw won with a power running game and a Front 7 that shut down the opposition's RBs and pressured their QB. Wide receivers played a moderate role.

This team is gonna be a mother f-cker to stop on offense.

There run D shut down everything in the playoffs. TO say they overacheived is an understatment. If they're planning on repeating, they need to draft all defense all day tomorrow. At least get some depth. Im trying to figure out who's going to play corner for them next year.

I liked the Colts draft. The Colts were extremely thin at WR, and Gonzalez is a terrific route runner. He'll fit in nicely. Ugoh could replace Tarik Glenn, who will be a UFA after this season, or Ryan Diem. Then they got a CB and DT in the third. While I don't like giving up a first rounder for next year, Polian must see something in Ugoh, and I trust that.

Edited by CaptainHook

I liked the Colts draft. The Colts were extremely thin at WR, and Gonzalez is a terrific route runner. He'll fit in nicely. Ugoh could replace Tarik Glenn, who will be a UFA after this season, or Ryan Diem. Then they got a CB and DT in the third. While I don't like giving up a first rounder for next year, Polian must see something in Ugoh, and I trust that.

So, how is a team that has two Pro Bowl wideouts and a TE who has played just fine in the slot "extremely thin" at WR? I understand what you're saying about WR depth, but what about the lack of depth at OLB and DT? I'd say that's a bit more important for a team that has yet to play defense at a high level for an entire season. I have no problem with Polian drafting a slot receiver to replace Stokley, but not in the freaking first round.. especially with all of those holes on defense and no second-round pick. He should've taken Posluszney or traded down and taken Smith or Jarrett. Polian does a fantastic job of evaluating talent, but his all-offense/patchwork-defense approach isn't the way to go.

Agreed about Ugoh, especially if Diem or Glenn will be leaving within the next year.

So, how is a team that has two Pro Bowl wideouts and a TE who has played just fine in the slot "extremely thin" at WR? I understand what you're saying about WR depth, but what about the lack of depth at OLB and DT? I'd say that's a bit more important for a team that has yet to play defense at a high level for an entire season. I have no problem with Polian drafting a slot receiver to replace Stokley, but not in the freaking first round.. especially with all of those holes on defense and no second-round pick. He should've taken Posluszney or traded down and taken Smith or Jarrett. Polian does a fantastic job of evaluating talent, but his all-offense/patchwork-defense approach isn't the way to go.

Agreed about Ugoh, especially if Diem or Glenn will be leaving within the next year.

Because they aren't thin at linebacker? They have Rob Morris, Gilbert Gardner, Gary Brackett, Tyjuan Hagler, Freddie Keiaho, Rocky Boiman, and Keith O'neill. I'd have been pissed if they took a LB in the first round. They are a dime a dozen, and the Colts have found good ones late in the draft.

Now, at DT, you have a point. Alan Branch was staring them in the face, and I knew they'd pass. He doesn't fit the Colts "mold". He is rumored to have some shin problems, and many draftniks labeled him a "boom-or-bust" type player. Maybe the Colts didn't want to take that risk. They do still have McFarland, Simon, Brock, Reid, and Klecko, and added Pitcock (6'2" 300 lbs.) in the third. They also picked up a cornerback in the third. Maybe they know something about Simon's health for this year?

The Ugoh pick, IMO, was brilliant. Yes, they give up a #1 next year, but that is better than having to draft a LT next year and play him as a rookie. Now he'll have a year under his belt. Polian said he had a first round grade . . .

Edited by CaptainHook