[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit - another draft debacle in the making

Furd

Unbelievable. With one of the worst defenses last year hurt by the loss of Dre Bly, the Lions draft a WR (their strongest posititon) and a project QB.

What am I saying? It's totally believable. No, it's probable. No, it's inevitable.

:D

Woodley should have been the pick here............. :D

You like Woodley ? Make me feel better about him as a Steeler fan. I was hoping for Harris or Khalil.

I'm guessing you might know Woodley well being a Michigan guy...

I know you need defense, but, you won't be disappointed with Stanton. I think you will eventually look back at this draft and be happy.

Bad throwing mechanics. Inconsistent. Seems to be injury prone, and given that he likes to take off with the ball, he's going to get pounded. He doesn't handle pressure well -mental or physical.

I watched quite a bit of him in college. I see him as a good college quarterback without the skills to make an impact in the NFL.

Edited by Furd

Bad throwing mechanics. Inconsistent. Seems to be injury prone, and given that he likes to take off with the ball, he's going to get pounded. He doesn't handle pressure well -mental or physical.

I watched quite a bit of him in college. I see him as a good college quarterback without the skills to make an impact in the NFL.

Fair enough. I saw a lot of him in college, and I saw a guy who was doing very well considering he had very little help around him. He had no offensive line and no wide receivers. I still think he is going to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Time will tell.

Nail on the head. Not the guy I thought they were going to take at all. I figured on the Stanford QB or defensive help.

Nail on the head. Not the guy I thought they were going to take at all. I figured on the Stanford QB or defensive help.

I'm wondering how much of the fact he was local (MSU) played into it. I still sorta think that was one of the reasons that Charles Rogers ended up in DET...fwiw...

Can't fault the Johnson pick but I would have liked to trade down there but I'm not going to complain about that pick.

Stanton in the 2nd is terrible IMO, would have like Woodley there or maybe Harris but I'm not sure about him as a Pro.

I'm wondering how much of the fact he was local (MSU) played into it. I still sorta think that was one of the reasons that Charles Rogers ended up in DET...fwiw...

I think the fact that Rogers was rated the 3rd best player in that draft and carried a "Pro Bowl talent" grade had more to do with it.

That said, it never hurts when a highly-ranked prospect with local connections falls into your lap. Wisconsinites are still kinda bitter about Ron Wolf drafting T-Buck over Troy Vincent and Sherman grabbing Robert Ferguson over Chris Chambers. The benefit of hindsight showing that Vincent and Chambers were CLEARLY the better players doesn't help things.

Fair enough. I saw a lot of him in college, and I saw a guy who was doing very well considering he had very little help around him. He had no offensive line and no wide receivers. I still think he is going to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Time will tell.

That's because they always kicked Penn States asz I think.

Very inconsistant, one of his best qualities was his running ability which at best makes him a Jeff Garcia type, at best.

That's because they always kicked Penn States asz I think.

Very inconsistant, one of his best qualities was his running ability which at best makes him a Jeff Garcia type, at best.

:D Penn State soooo owns Michigan State

Jeff Garcia's career hasn't been terrible.

It's amazing how people can watch the same player and have such differing opinions. I just can't see how anyone can come out and say that Stanton will be a good starting QB in the NFL. I totally disagree with that statement.

Yes it is amazing. While he will not be a pernnial All-Pro QB, he will be solid. Tell me exactly what he had at MSU to work with? Give him tools and he will be good. His mechanics are not the greatest but he went to the right coach in Martz. Mechanics can be changed, attitude and leadership cannot. His coaching at MSU, SUCKED! How do you blame him for that. By the way, Stanton ran a lot because that is what was designed for him. State did to many dinks and dunks that created a "run" mentality when things closed down because his O-Line was not very good.

As a packer fan I really don't like your draft...

This season you're going to line up Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Kevin Jones and Mike Furrey... Not a lot of teams can match up against that. I also think Stanton can turn into something really good. Not elite, but really good. I've said this for a few months now, but I think Detroit is headed in the right direction... :D:D

With the talent Stanton will be surrounded with, he has to succeed. Calvin Johnson is no spare. Roy Williams is the best deep threat in the league, and Kevin Jones is the most under-rated back in the league.

I really can't beleive im actually typing this.

None of it worth crap without an O-line and a D.