[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit - another draft debacle in the making

Furd

I don't know much about the Lions second pick in the second - DE Ikaika Alama-Francis. Based upon the scouting reports that I've read, I like the pick.

EDIT: Although as I read more, some are saying that the Lions took him early. And the Lions had 3 picks in the second, the last being safety Gerald Alexander.

Edited by Furd

Jeff Garcia's career hasn't been terrible.

True but I guess what I'm saying is the type of QB he is, scrambler, mid range passer, etc... If Stanton is Garcia like when he was with the 9'rs then I'll be happy. He'll have two very legit deep threats but does he have the arm to throw 30 yard posts that won't get picked or defended, can he throw the deep out effectively? I'm not so sure. I wish I would have watched the College QB challenge on ESPN a little more closely.

Maybe Big Ten is right, he does have leadership and maybe he has solid football knowledge and they can work on his mechanics and with some skill players maybe he'll flourish in a few years. :D I hope that's the case.

Ugh, after one decent draft, Millen has regressed to his old ways. They needed to trade the second pick/CJ for a decent deal. You can't rape everyone all the time when it comes to trades. Sometimes, you're not holding all of the cards. They should've taken TB's 1.4 and 2.3.

Actaully, I like the Lions' draft except for Stanton. Alama-Francis is going to be pretty good, he's only been playing football for 4 years. I'm a big Manny Ramirez fan, he's hugh, but can still pull, and coming from Texas Tech you know he can pass block, but what I liked most was he got the best of Okeye at the senior bowl practices. He showed me he was a very good, powerful straight line run blocker.

The defense still needs more talent, but with what will likely be the best WR corp in the NFL, that offense could be a scoring machine, as the D can't stop anyone. Furrey can now go to his natural role, that of a solid short-intermediate route runner, and could have a monster season with defenses worried about Roy and Calvin. That should also keep the safeties back, making it easier to run the ball.

As for Stanton... well, the clips I saw from his pro day were flat out putrid... the guy can't throw a spiral.... and that was indoors. Horrible accuracy. It's VERY safe to keep Kitna....

Edited by Rovers

I'm a big Manny Ramirez fan, he's hugh, but can still pull, and coming from Texas Tech you know he can pass block, but what I liked most was he got the best of Okeye at the senior bowl practices. He showed me he was a very good, powerful straight line run blocker.

I like the Ramirez pick as well. From what I have heard on NFL Sirius Radio this kid is a beast.

I think the Lions are the best at drafting a player that gets the fans excited and their butts in the seats. I don't think Ford honestly cares about winning, only about selling tickets. And people will want to see CJ line up with Roy Williams. We were excited a few years back when they drafted Roy and all the talk was about him and Rogers lining up together and how our passing attack wouldn't be able to be stopped.

I'm wondering how much of the fact he was local (MSU) played into it. I still sorta think that was one of the reasons that Charles Rogers ended up in DET...fwiw...

Rogers came into the league and immediately was a producer. then he got hurt and I don't know what happened to him after that. he is 1 pick I don't blame the Lions for taking despite him being a bust.

Can't fault the Johnson pick but I would have liked to trade down there but I'm not going to complain about that pick.

Stanton in the 2nd is terrible IMO, would have like Woodley there or maybe Harris but I'm not sure about him as a Pro.

I would of passed on Stanton there too. that being said I don't think it was that bad of a pick.

As a packer fan I really don't like your draft...

This season you're going to line up Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Kevin Jones and Mike Furrey... Not a lot of teams can match up against that. I also think Stanton can turn into something really good. Not elite, but really good. I've said this for a few months now, but I think Detroit is headed in the right direction... :D:D

I hope you are right. we are sick of these bags on our heads.

None of it worth crap without an O-line and a D.

Bingo

Backus and Foster is at least as start.

I just do not see why everyone thinks Foster is any good.

Rogers came into the league and immediately was a producer. then he got hurt and I don't know what happened to him after that. he is 1 pick I don't blame the Lions for taking despite him being a bust.

He had a lot of time off when he was injured... twice. Idle hands. There was lots of talk around town that he enjoyed his down time.

There were signs. He got busted at the draft for having too dilute pee. Some of us saw that as a red flag. Unfortunately, Millen didn't.