[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams' value with the addition of Calvin Johnson

TheGrunt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Williams is as valuable if not more so. Johnson is still going to be a rookie WR. Martz is still pass happy, so there will be plenty of balls to go around. The attention that Johnson will get can only help Williams.

I would say Williams is as valuable if not more so. Johnson is still going to be a rookie WR. Martz is still pass happy, so there will be plenty of balls to go around. The attention that Johnson will get can only help Williams.

More attention will be focused on Calvin than Furrey was last year... Roy gets a huge boost in my opinion.

I agree - this only helps Roy Williams who will remain the starter across from someone that might actually take coverage off of him, not send three defensive backs accompanying him on every pass play. Johnson should be very good, but for at least this year this can only be good for Williams.

:D

Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey, Kevin Jones on the field and Martz on the sideline...

We're going to regret not getting Reggie Nelson or Brandon Merriweather...

Kitna is a very capable qb, and if Stanton can turn into something decent two years down the road, there is no reason to think this team won't be an offensive powerhouse.

They'll still lose 12-14 games each year losing 35-38, but there offense will be amazing.

And talk about walking into a perfect situation... Drew Stanton can sit and learn for two years, have two of the scariest wr's in the league, Kevin Jones, and Mike Martz to mentor him.

I kind of like Harrison and Wayne in Indianapolis.

I can see how some may have them on a list of "best WR tandems" ... so, if you wanna put them there, I don't really have a problem with it...

ARI

CIN

DET

IND

STL

Good for 2007, unknown beyond that.

* Kitna to be replaced over the next year and a half. Stanton learning curve.

* Martz to be a head coach in 2008? Roy was mediocre without him.

* Roy had his first healthy season in 2006, can he make it two in a row?

* KJones should be fully healthy to take more of the offensive load.

* That kid Calvin should be pretty good and evolve to the #1.

Good for 2007, unknown beyond that.

* Kitna to be replaced over the next year and a half. Stanton learning curve.

* Martz to be a head coach in 2008? Roy was mediocre without him.

* Roy had his first healthy season in 2006, can he make it two in a row?

* KJones should be fully healthy to take more of the offensive load.

* That kid Calvin should be pretty good and evolve to the #1.

1) Roy was mediocre due to Joey Harrington.

2) Roy was Calvin Johnson 3 years ago. The freakishly talented WR in the draft. He went 4th I believe. I don't think Roy will take a back seat. If anything it will be a 1 1A situation...

I agree - this only helps Roy Williams who will remain the starter across from someone that might actually take coverage off of him, not send three defensive backs accompanying him on every pass play. Johnson should be very good, but for at least this year this can only be good for Williams.

They'll still lose 12-14 games each year losing 35-38, but there offense will be amazing.

+1

Or is it +3?

I can see how some may have them on a list of "best WR tandems" ... so, if you wanna put them there, I don't really have a problem with it...

ARI

CIN

DET

IND

STL

Dallas? :D

1st year WR's rarely do much fantasywise. I think CJ will be a dissapointment to anyone who takes him in redraft leagues.

If I had to guess his stats right now I would say 60 catches for 800 yards and about 5 TD's.

This is what I'm thinking. People put so much hype on rookies that they forget that even the best tend to take a couple of years to adapt to life in the NFL. Roy is the better fantasy bet.