[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings fans...

alexgaddis

I really think Landry was their guy at #7 but "settling" for AP might be a blessing...Chester is a quality NFL running back but doesn't have the skill set and explosiveness AP brings to the table...it will be interesting to watch how they utilize the two next year...I expect next year to be Taylors last as a Viking...

Everyone and their mother knew the Vikes needed to go WR in the second round...great move to trade down and get an extra 4th rounder and end up choosing between Rice and Jarrett...I preferred Jarrett but only time will tell there...

I can't say I know much about the CB they took in the 3rd...only that he didn't record an INT last year... :D

Peterson: I thought it was good pick. I have reserved optimism becaue of the injury. I hope his shoulder problems will not become recurring like Charlie Rogers. I hope it heals because he will be taking a beating. They may have had him on the board above Landry and that was just a smokescreen.

Sidney Rice: Another good pick that I would say had 3 or 4 receivers in the same tier. They just had him higher. I hope he turns out...Sounds like he might need some work because he is only a junior, but he did catch a lot of passes in two years.

Marcus McCauley: I did not know much about him, but from what I read, he has a lot of upside because of his atheletic ability and his size. He had a concussion last year and was benched for a period of time and thats why he slid to the third round. Hopefully he will develop into a good corner.

Overall I thought they did a god job. Grade: B- without being too much of a homer.

Edit: I forgot to add the Chad Greenway pick as well. He will be a rookie this year...right :D

Edited by Outshined

McCauley

McCauley sat out the 2002 season as a redshirt. In 2003, he appeared in all 14 games (one start) recording 11 total tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, and two blocked kicks. McCauley played in all 12 games (10 starts) in 2004 and finished the season with 31 total tackles, three tackles for loss, one sack, three interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), and eight pass breakups.

He started all 13 contests in 2005 registering 45 total tackles, two tackles for loss, one interception, seven pass breakups, and two forced fumbles. In 2006, McCauley started all 12 games, recording 56 total tackles, three tackles for loss, seven pass breakups, and two forced fumbles.

McCauley still has much room to grow in terms of his footwork, recognition and tackling skills. He outplayed Richard Marshall (Panthers' second-round pick last year) during the 2005 season but McCauley regressed as a senior in 2006. He got beat deep entirely too much and he seemed to mail it in emotionally down the stretch, especially after suffering a concussion versus Oregon State.

With all that said, McCauley still possesses the physical tools of a premier NFL cover corner, including an exceptional combination of size, athletic ability and speed. McCauley should slip to the the second round, in which case he's worth the gamble as a risk-reward prospect with loads of upside.

I've watched Sidney Rice for 2 years in person, and he is amazing. He will go up for anything and is amazing at getting the jump ball. He's not the fastest, but has great hands. Vikings got a steal, and he will do great there. I just wish he would have stayed here one more year.

The Tennessee Volunteers TRIPLE teamed him when we played in knoxville, and he still scored on them.

Edited by CD6405

He aint no Yancy. But he sure is fancy..... :D

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/232/story/36248.html

Turner said Thigpen's biggest obstacle might be that he played in the second tier of college football. At the same time, an impressive pro day (which included a 67-yard throw while standing flat-footed) and the opinions of some scouts make Turner believe his client will get the call.

"Several scouts ... told me he should have been at the combine," Turner said of the annual NFL evaluation tryouts in Indianapolis. "He's got the tools."

The only thing that I wondered about was taking Rice over Jarrett. I've just heard a lot more positive hype about Jarrett, so I expected him to be the pick over Rice... especially given the negative connotations associated with Williamson coming out of South Carolina.

Other than that... I'm stoked for this draft! Skol Vikings!!!

I'm excited about the players they got. I have no problem with them taking Rice over Jarrett. Besides AP making this draft, they found themselves several other players that should've been taken much earlier. They also found immediate help with their special teams play as well. The staff absolutely redeemed themselves and not in a dumb and dumber sort of way either. :D

I was very impressed with the Vikings draft, and it's the first time in years that I can say that. This year there were no reaches and I never said what were they thinking at all this weekend

A. Peterson was a great pick. IMO, Chester Taylor is a nice back that had a career year running in the Vikings system. Can you imagine what Peterson will do running behind that line and Richardson leading the way?

Rice was a solid pick, but I would have been happy with either of the Cal WR's or Rice.

I love the 3rd round pick. If the Vikings coaches can get his head on straight they might have a future corner.

Robinson in the 4th was a nice pick too. I love those kids that their motor never stops. Maybe he can teach Udeze a thing or two.

The thing that might have impressed me the most is they were moving down in the draft and still getting their guy. When they did move up they didn't give away the farm like they have in years past.

I was very impressed with the Vikings draft, and it's the first time in years that I can say that. This year there were no reaches and I never said what were they thinking at all this weekend

A. Peterson was a great pick. IMO, Chester Taylor is a nice back that had a career year running in the Vikings system. Can you imagine what Peterson will do running behind that line and Richardson leading the way?

Rice was a solid pick, but I would have been happy with either of the Cal WR's or Rice.

I love the 3rd round pick. If the Vikings coaches can get his head on straight they might have a future corner.

Robinson in the 4th was a nice pick too. I love those kids that their motor never stops. Maybe he can teach Udeze a thing or two.

The thing that might have impressed me the most is they were moving down in the draft and still getting their guy. When they did move up they didn't give away the farm like they have in years past.

I agree, they worked the draft moves perfectly. I was pretty skeptical about what kind of effect Spielman would have given his history with the Dolphins, but I must saw i'm damn impressed. Two BIG thumbs up. :D:D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

The only thing that I wondered about was taking Rice over Jarrett. I've just heard a lot more positive hype about Jarrett, so I expected him to be the pick over Rice... especially given the negative connotations associated with Williamson coming out of South Carolina.

Other than that... I'm stoked for this draft! Skol Vikings!!!

I promise you Vikings won't be disappointed with Rice. Also, Williamson was part of Lou Holtz teams, Rice has only been associated with Steve Spurrier's teams. He has better hands, better size, amazing jumping, but a less speed than Williamson. He will easily break the starting lineup.