[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell or Quinn?

vansmack32

now that we know their situations, who's going be the better FF QB?

quinn certainly has the better OL around him, and with edwards and winslow, he has a couple of decent weapons.

russell has a good WR corps, regardless of what happens to moss, some bright young coaches to bring him along, but a horrible OL (which may not matter if he doesn't play much this year)

i'm really up in the air on this, but as I have the first 2 picks in my dynasty rookie draft (taking CJ with one of them), i need to make a decision.

while my league's scoring system puts more emphasis on qb's, i'd like to focus the discussion the value of quinn vs. russell

after today's dealings by oakland, i'm really liking what the raiders are doing - getting rid of the cancer that is moss and getting a potential stud rb in bush. russell is looking more apealing.

I would take Russell (allegences aside) because he has a much higher ceiling the Brady does. Sure there may be more risk involved picking Russell, but I have confidence in the new Raider coach, ex-USC coach Kiffin, in bringing in an offense that is much more effective than last years out-dated Walsh/Shell offense.

The decision may also depend on how your team is setup already. If you already have a solid QB as a starter, I would definitely take a chance on JR because you could afford to sit him until he starts peaking. If you need someone that could possibly start next year I would take Quinn, because he is more likely to start right away.

The Raiders traded for McCown during the draft so they now have the luxury of waiting until the rookie is ready to start....letting McCown or Walter start until then.