[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Dolphins

spain

First let me state that as a Dolphin fan I didn't like the Ginn pick. I also would not have liked Quinn either. I wanted the Dolphins to get younger & stronger on both sides of the line.

With that said I'm going to somewhat "try" to defend the pick eventhough I'm not a fan of Ginn . . .

They took Ginn, a playmaker. He'll provide an X-Factor to this offense, the likes the Dolphins have never have seen. Ginn will play flanker. He will play in the slot. He will go deep on anyone. He will run screens. He will run reverses. He will line up at QB, he will take pitches. He will take the #1 CB and run him all over the field.

That is a weapon.

Watch him play Leon Hall, watch him play Aaron Ross. Both those boys went in R1 and both of them got burned by Ginn.

Hated the pick when it happened but I can somewhat see why they did it. He basically takes Welkers spot. Everything I've heard coming out of Dolphin land had them rating Beck higher than Quinn.

Of course the million dollar question is, are Ginn and Beck better than say Quinn and Steve Smith? That's one that will take some time to answer.

If it was up to me I would have taken players like the Hawaiin C - Samson Satele with every pick on the 1st day of the draft. Too bad they only did that in the 3rd rd.

Watch him play Leon Hall, watch him play Aaron Ross. Both those boys went in R1 and both of them got burned by Ginn.

Quit watching just highlights. If you are going to say Ginn warranted that pick why wouldn't Dwayne Jarret or Dwayne Bowe have, both much better WRs.

Best part of this is him saying he's still only 85%. Oh he's going to get killed in the NFL...

The pick completely sucked and cant be justified in any shape, form or fashion. If they REALLY wanted Ginn, why not trade back, oh about a dozen picks, or so with one of these teams that were desperate to move up to get Quinn? No value at taking a smallish, injured, and not very strong WR whose route running needs A LOT of work at 1.9. None. I was having my annual draft/poker party at my house. Every time the commish was walking to the podium, I will yell out "Pick Pick Pick". The room would get quiet as we awaited the comishes announcement of each respective teams selection. When Goddell announced the Ginn pick, my entire room of 18 guys erupted in laughter. :D Mind you we had mostly Titans fans but there were a couple Vikings fans, some Cowboys fans, etc. in the group. Nobody had a real vested interest in the Dolphins. But that pick got more reaction than any other by a mile. And not in a good way... :D

Well ... it seems to me that since the departure of Marino the QB position in Miami has been severly neglected ... why change now.

True. True. Obviously, Brady Quinn made sense right there. But even if they didnt want Quinn, there were about 30 other guys that would have made a heck of a lot more sense than Ted F'n Ginn Jr. That was just stupid in the extreme....

True. True. Obviously, Brady Quinn made sense right there. But even if they didnt want Quinn, there were about 30 other guys that would have made a heck of a lot more sense than Ted F'n Ginn Jr. That was just stupid in the extreme....

I must admit I'm not a fan of Quinn and I'm not sure that I'd have taken any available QB at that spot. However, I AM sure that WR would have been about the absolute LAST need I would have attempted to address. What good does it do to get a WR without a QB. Hell, I would have kept McMichael and not worried about a WR until I had a serviceable QB.

The pick completely sucked and cant be justified in any shape, form or fashion. If they REALLY wanted Ginn, why not trade back, oh about a dozen picks, or so with one of these teams that were desperate to move up to get Quinn? No value at taking a smallish, injured, and not very strong WR whose route running needs A LOT of work at 1.9. None. I was having my annual draft/poker party at my house. Every time the commish was walking to the podium, I will yell out "Pick Pick Pick". The room would get quiet as we awaited the comishes announcement of each respective teams selection. When Goddell announced the Ginn pick, my entire room of 18 guys erupted in laughter. :doh: Mind you we had mostly Titans fans but there were a couple Vikings fans, some Cowboys fans, etc. in the group. Nobody had a real vested interest in the Dolphins. But that pick got more reaction than any other by a mile. And not in a good way... :D

If so many teams were "desperate" to draft Quinn, why did he last until the 22nd pick? :D:tup:

And if the Browns hadn't traded with the Cowboys, he may have fallen much further.

If so many teams were "desperate" to draft Quinn, why did he last until the 22nd pick? :D:D

Because dumb ass teams like the Dolphins desperately wanted to reach for players like Ted Ginn Jr instead of trading down...

I loved it.

Just wait until you dumb fans watch this guy return punts and then lets see who's laughing. :D

He ought to get plenty of opportunity as a KR, that's for sure.

MIA was a team that I thought was headed in the right direction 2 years ago, especially the way they finished the 2005 season. Since then? :D

Maybe they couldn't find a dance partner to trade down with? And teams weren't dying to trade up to get Brady Quinn - he wasn't passed up on by 21 teams.

It's VERY obvious the Dolphins had John Beck rated higher than Brady Quinn. They got their guy in the 2nd rd and saved million of dollars by not taking Quinn at #9.

This will come down to who has the better career - Quinn vs Beck.

Maybe they couldn't find a dance partner to trade down with? And teams weren't dying to trade up to get Brady Quinn - he wasn't passed up on by 21 teams.

It's VERY obvious the Dolphins had John Beck rated higher than Brady Quinn. They got their guy in the 2nd rd and saved million of dollars by not taking Quinn at #9.

This will come down to who has the better career - Quinn vs Beck.

No, it wont. This pick wasnt about Quinn vs Beck. This pick was about what value can you get at 1.9. The Dolphins selected Ted Ginn over a host of other players. About 30 of which would have been better selections than Ted Ginn. A top 10 first rounder should be a cant miss sort of prospect. Ginn has lots of question marks. The Dolphins have lots of needs and could have gone a number of different directions. Why they chose Ginn, I cannot fathom.

I put as much value in post-draft grades as I do with stock recommendations... they don't mean a damn thing. And the so called experts are more wrong than right once the dust settles. Just do a search on NFL draft grades for any year (try 2002 for instance) and look at what the experts said - its laughable to read some of this stuff two or three years after the fact.

Without any perspective, Ginn at 1.09 seems like a mistake. Here is what I do like about it though:

1 - Miami needs playmakers on offense. Its been years since they have had anyone with real speed who can stretch a defense and turn a simple play into a long gainer.

2 - Ginn seems like an intelligent guy with good character. I think Cameron is trying to build a team with the right kind of player.

3 - Since Ginn has some history with Cameron, he will probably get signed and into camp on time. This may seem like a small thing, but Miami's last two 1st round picks both signed and reported late and it severely hurt their ability to contribute as rookies.

4. This leads to the most important thing - Ginn should play and contribute right away on special teams and on some offensive plays. Most rookies don't.