[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints fans

Savage Beatings

:D Are we really doing that? Take a step back and look at our WR core with the Meachem pick.

We have a 2nd year rec who is our projected #1 in Colston. Our #2 is a deep threat who doesnt run great routes and doesnt have great hands in Henderson. Our #3 is a guy that honestly just doesnt impress me in Copper.

Adding Meachem was as much an insurance policy against any of those three coming back to earth a bit as it was anything else. That and I think his game will translate well to the pro game.

Now if we had signed or traded for one of the bigger name wr's this offseason and still drafted one in the 1st round I would understand the hording thoughts a little more.

I know that sometimes in Fantasy Football it can work out to try to horde all of the Wide Receivers, but I never thought an NFL team would try that strategy. :D

So what's going on in New Orleans? :tup:

They needed to replace Joe Horn. Devery Henderson has been very inconsistent and Copper is a #4 receiver at best. Meachem, Colston, Deuce, Bush, Johnson, Karney...and with Brees running the show who are you going to cover? I don't think it's a stretch to say this offense could be a notch or two above the Colts. :D

They needed to replace Joe Horn. Devery Henderson has been very inconsistent and Copper is a #4 receiver at best. Meachem, Colston, Deuce, Bush, Johnson, Karney...and with Brees running the show who are you going to cover? I don't think it's a stretch to say this offense could be a notch or two above the Colts. :D

What he said :D

I guess I thought that's why they brought in David Patten... to shore up the WR's leaving them free to use their #1 pick on a different position.

Don't get me wrong, Meachem is a heckuva WR (I'm a littel jealous he didn't get picked up by the Vikes actually) but I thought the Saints would have other more pressing needs.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I know that sometimes in Fantasy Football it can work out to try to horde all of the Wide Receivers, but I never thought an NFL team would try that strategy. :D

So what's going on in New Orleans? :tup:

Now RBs? That may be a different story. :D:doh:

I guess I thought that's why they brought in David Patten... to shore up the WR's leaving them free to use their #1 pick on a different position.

Don't get me wrong, Meachem is a heckuva WR (I'm a littel jealous he didn't get picked up by the Vikes actually) but I thought the Saints would have other more pressing needs.

The David signing opened things up for us a bit as we have now upgraded at LB S and CB. The Dline is solid and we were able to go after best available player on the board.

Patten??? Not real sure what he has to offer but depth. As rajn said "who are you going to cover?"

Dare I say that Brees may go before Manning in a few redrafts?