[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Enough with all the optimism...

Jolly Rodgers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets here it or is it safe to assume that everyone thinks their team will make it?

For the first time in a long time, I go into the season feeling a slightly less than 50% chance that the Steelers make the playoffs. They are much better than the 8-8 that they showed last year. They finished the season with a 6-2 run, and they are still very talented. However, with the transition to the new coaching staff, and a tough division, it isn't going to be easy. I look for them to be a 10-6 team, as their schedule isn't too bad, but, that might not be good enough to make the playoffs in what is bound to be a brutal AFC.

For the first time in a long time, I go into the season feeling a slightly less than 50% chance that the Steelers make the playoffs. They are much better than the 8-8 that they showed last year. They finished the season with a 6-2 run, and they are still very talented. However, with the transition to the new coaching staff, and a tough division, it isn't going to be easy. I look for them to be a 10-6 team, as their schedule isn't too bad, but, that might not be good enough to make the playoffs in what is bound to be a brutal AFC.

I knew I liked you for a reason Menudo. You're a stand up guy when push comes to shove. Way to come clean, sort of. :D:D

Lets here it or is it safe to assume that everyone thinks their team will make it?

You should start with your squad Jolly and the others will follow.

I knew I liked you for a reason Menudo. You're a stand up guy when push comes to shove. Way to come clean, sort of. :D:D

Actually, that is exactly what I was saying in the other thread, but, your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

Actually, that is exactly what I was saying in the other thread, but, your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

Come on, I'm a teacher, I teach that crap. I was simply busting you a little and as with most of my attempts it got overdone. No big deal.

Blown was a bad choice of words. :D:D

Edited by irish

You should start with your squad Jolly and the others will follow.

OK Irish, since you called me out on it. I think the Bucs will be better than their 4-12 season of last year. They added some great picks in the draft and picked up some free agents that will make a difference. However, making the playoffs might be a little unrealistic. I see them going 8-8 or 9-7 and missing out on the playoffs. Would I be surprised if they were better or worse than my prediction? Hell no! :D

Come on, I'm a teacher, I teach that crap. I was simply busting you a little and as with most of my attempts it was ovedone.

Fixed.

Agreed, no big deal.

The Vikes have upgraded or added depth at almost every position except the O-line. They have a tough schedule so I predict 7-9 or 8-8 at most. This team is still a few years out...Peterson and Rice are the only rookies who will make an impact this year.

The Vikes have upgraded or added depth at almost every position except the O-line. They have a tough schedule so I predict 7-9 or 8-8 at most. This team is still a few years out...Peterson and Rice are the only rookies who will make an impact this year.

Funny thing about that is a few years out is about when you will probably start to see Hutch lose a step.

I think they will be better at the end of the year than the beginning - but Miami will fight it out with Buffalo as a bottom dweller - if only because they have no secondary. There are other issues - but that is their biggest weakness right now. I would be thrilled to go .500. I have a feeling a 5-11 or 7-9 season is more likely.

I am a realistic Viking fan and I see them struggling this year. The fortunate thing is that they are in the same division and the Lions and the Packers so anything is possible. If they get a solid season out of T. Jackson then I could see 8-8. If T. Jackson struggles they will go 6-10 and have another top 10 pick. The defense will be fine and with a healthy E. James and Greenway could help them win a few games by defense alone.

I see the Jets as on the outside looking in. Much tougher schedule, although the team will be better than last year's version. The only way they get more than 8 or 9 wins is if the running game improves, and as much as I like the Thomas Jones pickup, that won't get it done. But, there is a chance still... albiet a long shot.

The Jets have two young, HUGH O linemen... Ed Blanton around 6'5" and 320 entering his second year, a 4 year starter for UCLA who was promoted from the taxi squad for the playoff game against NE last year, and a kid named Bender from Nicholls St (6'6", 315) who outplayed Carricker in the Nebraska game this past season, and he was taken in the 6th round. If these two road graders work out and end up starting at RT and RG..... both are supposed to be strong in line run blockers. That is quite a stretch however.

I see the Jets with 8 wins, perhaps 9. Won't be enough for the playoffs, that will take at least 10, likely 11, and no, Pittsburgh won't win 10 games either. :D

I see the Jets as on the outside looking in. Much tougher schedule, although the team will be better than last year's version. The only way they get more than 8 or 9 wins is if the running game improves, and as much as I like the Thomas Jones pickup, that won't get it done. But, there is a chance still... albiet a long shot.

The Jets have two young, HUGH O linemen... Ed Blanton around 6'5" and 320 entering his second year, a 4 year starter for UCLA who was promoted from the taxi squad for the playoff game against NE last year, and a kid named Bender from Nicholls St (6'6", 315) who outplayed Carricker in the Nebraska game this past season, and he was taken in the 6th round. If these two road graders work out and end up starting at RT and RG..... both are supposed to be strong in line run blockers. That is quite a stretch however.

I see the Jets with 8 wins, perhaps 9. Won't be enough for the playoffs, that will take at least 10, likely 11, and no, Pittsburgh won't win 10 games either. :D

They were asking for your favorite's team projection, no one cares about your opinion on the Steelers. :D

I figure the Jets to be in the top quarter of the league in rushing this year :D

I expect the Bengals to be frustratingly average again. Somewhere between 7-9 or 9-7 depending on where the chips fall. I think the schedule is easier this year than last, but the team lost more talent than it gained. A couple key players - OLB Brian Simmons and OG Eric Steinbach - will be missed.