[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginn and Beck

Duchess Jack

Again - we're not going to the bowl this year, so who cares? I'd like him to be healthy - but if we got a steal because of a hurt foot - then god bless.

In all seriousness, Ginn has incredible athleticism, there is no question about that. However, size, heatlth and attitude are concerns that should have dropped him down much further than #9 overall, imho. The size and health are obvious ones, but, it's the attitude that would worry me. I don't think he's ever gotten in trouble, but, I've seen him quit in games when things aren't going well. Two years ago at Happy Valley, he was fielding punts and heading immediately too the sidelines. He was also completely dis-interested on offense, and the broadcast crew even made note of how he appeared to have phoned it in. That is what would worry me.

In all seriousness, Ginn has incredible athleticism, there is no question about that. However, size, heatlth and attitude are concerns that should have dropped him down much further than #9 overall, imho. The size and health are obvious ones, but, it's the attitude that would worry me. I don't think he's ever gotten in trouble, but, I've seen him quit in games when things aren't going well. Two years ago at Happy Valley, he was fielding punts and heading immediately too the sidelines. He was also completely dis-interested on offense, and the broadcast crew even made note of how he appeared to have phoned it in. That is what would worry me.

Menudo,

Don't take one bad game at Happy Valley and make a general statement about Ginn based on that. PSU completely pwned the Bucks that evening. Everyone on that team was confused and demoralized by the ass whooping they were getting by the Lions D that day.

That being said, I'm from Cleveland where Ginn is from and have followed his progress from high school. You can question a lot of things about Ginn but his character isn't one of them. The kid is a hard worker and a leader. His father is a well respected coach and community leader in a pretty tough area in inner-city Cleveland. He raised Ted well and taught him about hard work and toughness.

I think he may surprise some people in Miami.

I still wouldn't have picked him 9th overall.

BTW I love the Woodley pick in the 2nd by the Steelers.

Edited by Mojo20

Menudo,

Don't take one bad game at Happy Valley and make a general statement about Ginn based on that. PSU completely pwned the Bucks that evening. Everyone on that team was confused and demoralized by the ass whooping they were getting by the Lions D that day.

That being said, I'm from Cleveland where Ginn is from and have followed his progress from high school. You can question a lot of things about Ginn but his character isn't one of them. The kid is a hard worker and a leader. His father is a well respected coach and community leader in a pretty tough area in inner-city Cleveland. He raised Ted well and taught him about hard work and toughness.

I think he may surprise some people in Miami.

I still wouldn't have picked him 9th overall.

BTW I love the Woodley pick in the 2nd by the Steelers.

You are right, you certainly can't judge someone based on one performance. It is weird how sometimes those things just stick in your head though. Every time that I think of Ginn, I always think of what I saw that one game, even though, as you said, that isn't really fair. Time will tell.