[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIG trouble in little Philly?

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb and head coach Andy Reid had a meeting at the team's complex Tuesday, May 1, according to a team spokesman. Details of their discussion were not available.

Reid said he tried to contact McNabb Saturday, April 28, following the selection of QB Kevin Kolb in the NFL Draft and left a message with McNabb telling the quarterback that he remained a part of the team's plans.

McNabb reportedly arrived to the team's training facility Monday, April 30, for rehab but did not speak with Reid, amid speculation that McNabb was not happy about the selection of Kolb.

:D

McNabb seems like a real Rosie O'Donnell.

I have my doubts about this information, as I'd be shocked if McNabb was really acting like this.

Isn't the Philly press second only to NY in the wild-ass speculation department?

I can't imagine there is any controversy here. They brought in Garcia, he had a great run at the end of the year, and then they let him go. I mean, come on now. McNabb is supposed to be afraid of a rookie QB?

I have my doubts about this information, as I'd be shocked if McNabb was really acting like this.

Agreed. McNabb has to know Philly needed a decent backup, given his recent injury history. Philly would be fools not to grab an insurance policy.

Isn't the Philly press second only to NY in the wild-ass speculation department?

I can't imagine there is any controversy here. They brought in Garcia, he had a great run at the end of the year, and then they let him go. I mean, come on now. McNabb is supposed to be afraid of a rookie QB?

Because he's a rookie that was selected with Philly's first pick (2nd round). Philly WILL keep him around beyond this season, unlike a vet who they signed for 1 year at the low end of the salary pool.

if anything, he's probably a little miffed they didn't add a player who can help them win now. 1) i don't blame him, and 2) he'll get over it pretty quickly.

I think Tony Hunt can help them now and so should McNabb, plus he's on offense.

Other players the Eagles acquired who can help them now:

Curtis, Spikes, Reagor, Bradley, and possibly Abiamiri

Players who haven't helped but are expected to that are essentially new additions to the team:

Bunkley, Gocong also Bloom and Johnson in the return game.

He has NO reason to be miffed at all.

Edited by The Next Generation

I think Tony Hunt can help them now and so should McNabb, plus he's on offense.

Other players the Eagles acquired who can help them now:

Curtis, Spikes, Reagor, Bradley, and possibly Abiamiri

Plyers who haven't helped but are expected to that are essentially new additions to the team:

Bunkley, Gocong also, Bloom and Johnson in the return game.

He has NO reason to be miffed at all.

i meant he probably wishes they used their first pick in the draft to add a player that would help them win now.

i meant he probably wishes they used their first pick in the draft to add a player that would help them win now.

What does it matter where they drafted the help to win now? Would he rather have Hunt as a 3rd rounder or Freddie Mitchell back?

Edited by The Next Generation

Which, considering the number of games McNabb has missed over the last few years, I imagine many in the organization think they did do that.

Agreed. McNabb has to know Philly needed a decent backup, given his recent injury history. Philly would be fools not to grab an insurance policy.

McNabb has a history of being very professional, but I wouldn't be surprised wants a change of scenery. The drafting of Kolb and the dumping of veteran defensive players over the past couple of years suggests that Luria may want to trade McNabb and rebuild from scratch anyway.

Edited by Bill Swerski

McNabb has a history of being very professional, but I wouldn't be surprised wants a change of scenery. The drafting of Kolb and the dumping of veteran defensive players over the past couple of years suggests that Luria may want to trade McNabb and rebuild from scratch anyway.

Rebuild??? They won the division 5 out of the last 6 years, including last year when they went 6-1 against their division (including the playoffs). Puh-lease...

Rebuild??? They won the division 5 out of the last 6 years, including last year when they went 6-1 against their division (including the playoffs). Puh-lease...

So, you're saying that the Eagles should stay the course with a QB who hasn't played a full season in three years and a halfback who has no cartilage left in his knees? I'm not saying that they should completely blow the team up, but some of these aging vets are clearly on the down-slopes of their careers.

Got rings??!! :D

I love this comeback. As old, redundant, and unoriginal as it is, you know that deep down, it kills them every time. :tup:

Which is why I use it often.

:D

Edited by Menudo

So, you're saying that the Eagles should stay the course with a QB who hasn't played a full season in three years and a halfback who has no cartilage left in his knees? I'm not saying that they should completely blow the team up, but some of these aging vets are clearly on the down-slopes of their careers.

I think McNabb is a great QB. The first half of last year he was THE BEST QB in the league. McNabb is the main reason Philly has had the success they have the last few years. Ya thier D has been good. Ya, Westbrook is a stud. Look at the recievers McNabb has had to throw to and what hes done with them. I would put him on the same tier as Tom Brady skill wise. And he isnt that much older than Brady. I just hope his talent is squandered by a coach unwilling to give him any tallent to throw to.

No, not at all, I was responding directly to this comment:

The drafting of Kolb and the dumping of veteran defensive players over the past couple of years suggests that Luria may want to trade McNabb and rebuild from scratch anyway.

I don't know how you went from that to your latest stance, but they clearly are contradictory statements.

I don't think the drafting of young players to infuse into your team a few at a time over the years, which is what the Eagles have done and continue to do, indicates anything like a rebuilding. This year, there are projected to be 4 new starters on the team. 1 on offense - Curtis (WR) and 3 on defense - Bunkley, Gocong, and Spikes (DT, 2 OLBs). 2 of those starters are young (Bunkley and Gocong), 2 are vets (Curtis and Spikes).

Still wondering how you came-up with Laurie wants to rebuild from scratch????

No, not at all, I was responding directly to this comment:

I don't know how you went from that to your latest stance, but they clearly are contradictory statements.

I don't think the drafting of young players to infuse into your team a few at a time over the years, which is what the Eagles have done and continue to do, indicates anything like a rebuilding. This year, there are projected to be 4 new starters on the team. 1 on offense - Curtis (WR) and 3 on defense - Bunkley, Gocong, and Spikes (DT, 2 OLBs). 2 of those starters are young (Bunkley and Gocong), 2 are vets (Curtis and Spikes).

Still wondering how you came-up with Laurie wants to rebuild from scratch????

Eh, I shouldn't have said "from scratch" becuase that's not what I really meant. I guess that my point was that Luria may want to deal an injury-prone McNabb for draft picks and/or veteran defensive talent at some point. That would obviously knock the Eagles back to a very average team and delay their return to the playoffs. But I don't see this squad beating anybody in the AFC with their current defense, so perhaps it would be worth it.