[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIG trouble in little Philly?

Eh, I shouldn't have said "from scratch" becuase that's not what I really meant. I guess that my point was that Luria may want to deal an injury-prone McNabb for draft picks and/or veteran defensive talent at some point. That would obviously knock the Eagles back to a very average team and delay their return to the playoffs. But I don't see this squad beating anybody in the AFC with their current defense, so perhaps it would be worth it.

I think the drafting of Kolb that high indicates that McNabb won't be an Eagle in 2009 if he keeps getting injured/falls short of expectations. IF Kolb is as good as the Eagles FO seems to think he is, I don't see why the release of McNabb in 2009 would set the team back at all. Neither you nor I know what the defense will look like in 2009.

As for their defense this year. Well, we'll just have to wait and see on that one, because no one knows what to expect with Kearse coming off of injury (if healthy, he takes a lot of pressure off of Howard and makes him a lot better), Bunkley starting and a revamped LB corps.

Making predictions like, "I don't see this squad beating anybody in the AFC with their current defense" on May 3rd is rediculous.

I think the drafting of Kolb that high indicates that McNabb won't be an Eagle in 2009 if he keeps getting injured/falls short of expectations. IF Kolb is as good as the Eagles FO seems to think he is, I don't see why the release of McNabb in 2009 would set the team back at all.

I was talking about the release of McNabb in 2007 or 2008 setting them back. Since most QBs take 2-3 years to learn the WCO, 2009 might be different.

Making predictions like, "I don't see this squad beating anybody in the AFC with their current defense" on May 3rd is rediculous.

Given that their current defense has been either bad or mediocre in a weak conference for the past two years and that they've done little to improve since, I don't think that kind of speculation is unwarranted. Nobody is saying that they're definitely going to suck this season, but it's nothing short of wishful thinking to assume that they're going to be championship-caliber in '07.

Edited by Bill Swerski

McNabb has a history of ever increasingly whiny behavior. He got whiny when Garcia was brought in, and he whined some more after he got hurt and Garcia played well. He has ZERO right to be whining about the Kolb pick. ZERO.

This pick won't effect McNabb until '09, our Def. should step up with the addition of Spikes , Bunkley and Kearse healthy. Don't write the Birds off yet, at least until they play the Pats in the Super Bowl :D:D

This pick won't effect McNabb until '09, our Def. should step up with the addition of Spikes , Bunkley and Kearse healthy. Don't write the Birds off yet, at least until they play the Pats in the Super Bowl :D:tup:

I had forgotten about Takeo Spikes. :D

Now add Scott to the D-line.

This pick won't effect McNabb until '09, our Def. should step up with the addition of Spikes , Bunkley and Kearse healthy. Don't write the Birds off yet, at least until they play the Pats in the Super Bowl :D:D

And while neither is all-pro calliber, both Monte Reagor and Ian Scott should add solid depth to D-line that includes Jevon Kearse, Trent Cole, Darren Howard, Brodrick Bunkley, Mike Patterson, Sam Rayburn and Juqua Thomas. As well as rookie Abiamiri. Maybe I'm a little optimistic, but I finally see this d-line as a strength of the team for a change. I"d be shocked if they aren't better than last year's 11-5 defense.

And since the Eagles had a more passing yards per game without Stallworth than with him, and were 5-1 without him, I don't see his loss as anything more than a blip. Curtis will fill in just fine with Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett & co.

The big question is QB, and his health/confidence. More than a few QBs have not come back strong their first year back from a bad knee injury. With their easy first half of the schedule, McNabb could face the ugly wrath from the fans/media if this teams falters early. But the pick of Kolb is inconesequential, since there is no way on earth this guy sees the field this year....absoulutely no chance.

if Kearse stays healthy (big if)...the defense will wreak havoc...

if kearse gets hurt...the defense will fall apart like it did last year..

That is very simply and smartly put. They are a tremendous defense with Kears out there running around. There aren't many other players in the league that can do what he does.

That is very simply and smartly put. They are a tremendous defense with Kears out there running around. There aren't many other players in the league that can do what he does.

they wanted to use him more at LB last season, but were waiting...

hopefully he lasts long enough to show what he really can do..