[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Glad the Pack got rid of Carroll

Randall

ATLANTA -- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Ahmad Carroll was arrested on weapon and drug charges early Saturday on suspicion of being involved in a disturbance with a weapon, authorities said.

The 23-year-old Carroll was questioned by police after he was pointed out as someone involved during a disturbance at an Atlanta restaurant, Atlanta police spokesman officer James Polite said.

Polite said Carroll acknowledged to police that he was carrying a 9mm pistol. Police then searched his car and found 11 pink tablets that were believed to be ecstasy. He was arrested and charged with carrying a weapon without a license, possession of drugs and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Carroll, an Atlanta native, was released Saturday on a $7,000 bond.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I find it hard to believe Carroll is only 23.

Aside from that, now that he isn't getting needless PI penalties (the frustrating thing about Carroll wasn't that he lacked ability, it was that he'd be with a guy step for step, have decent position, and instead of just batting the ball down he'd grab a fistful of jersey), I couldn't care less about the guy.

I wonder if he got a 15 yard penalty for holding the Police as they went to search his car.

Thanks again for all your great additions to the team Mike Sherman...

I blame Harlan for giving him the job and Sherman for accepting knowig he wasn't experienced enough to handle it. Harlan went against his own philosophy of keeping the work divided. I understand why he did it, but he should have insisted on a capable GM to work with him.

You could blame Holmgren for taking everything but the urinals when he went to Seattle too. :D Naah Packer fans are forgiving.

Well, to Thompson's credit, staying true to your board and not reaching for need often prevents stuff like this. What a waste of an NFL career.

Edit to add: and I mean the Pack drafting him, not the drug and gun charges.

Edited by Fatman