[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yo Titans fans

devilwoman

Is this guy gonna be ready...?

Back in early April...

Coach Jeff Fisher said, based on the timetable followed by other players who've had the same injury, WR David Givens has a chance to be ready for the start of the regular season, according to The Tennessean. Others in the organization aren't nearly as optimistic. Givens didn't just suffer a torn anterior cruciate ligament Nov. 12 against the Ravens. He also tore his meniscus, which had to be repaired, and he broke a bone in his knee, which required bone plugs in the break.

I own him in a dynasty league and am not planning on relying on him for the early part of the season.

What's the deal with Ben Troupe? I know he was hurt for a lot of last year, but I don't even see him on their depth chart.... I know they signed Hartsock, still have Scaife, and if I remember right, released Kinney?? Where does Troupe fit in to the mix? Two years ago and to start last year, I sort of thought he had the potential to become a stud TE.

I dont think Givens will be ready. If he is, he wont be near 100%. You need to find other options at WR. He really damaged his knee and he may not be at full strength until near the end of the year. Troupe is still around. He has been somewhat of a disappointment, but he is still on the roster.

Just caught this...

Receiver reveals second surgery on his ailing right knee

By TERESA M. WALKER - AP Sports Writer

2007-05-10 18:52

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -Titans receiver David Givens no longer uses a cane, but he said Thursday his recovery from a serious knee injury last November is going much slower than he expected.

Now, the most experienced receiver on the Tennessee roster hopes he can return and play sometime this season.

``I don't know exactly when,'' Givens said. ``It's kind of a week-to-week thing right now. When I can start doing some pounding on it, I'll know. I'll have a better idea at the time.''

The Titans had been much more optimistic that Givens might be ready to start the season Sept. 9 at Jacksonville. He tore his left ACL and meniscus, and damaged bone below his knee Nov. 12, and the damage was extensive enough he needed bone plugs inserted to help repair his leg.

Givens said he had a second surgery six weeks ago to clean meniscus and shave down some of the bone, and he quit using a cane to help him walk two weeks ago.

The Titans signed Givens to a five-year, $24 million contract last season, and he easily could be the No. 1 receiver if he were healthy. The Titans let Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade leave as free agents in March and signed four-year veteran Justin Gage away from Chicago.

But nobody on the roster has as much experience as Givens with his 32 career starts, 166 catches and 12 touchdowns.

Aside from Givens and Gage, the most experience receivers are Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams and Courtney Roby. The trio was drafted together in 2005 and have a combined 26 starts. The Titans also drafted three receivers last month starting with Paul Williams of Fresno State in the third round.

Givens said it was difficult watching when he'd rather be playing.

``We have a lot of young guys with a lot of potential. My job right now when I'm not on the field is help those guys the best way I can. I'm trying to give my input ... The guys are improving every day,'' he said.

What's the deal with Ben Troupe? I know he was hurt for a lot of last year, but I don't even see him on their depth chart.... I know they signed Hartsock, still have Scaife, and if I remember right, released Kinney?? Where does Troupe fit in to the mix? Two years ago and to start last year, I sort of thought he had the potential to become a stud TE.

I think the depth charts are not updated yet from the end of last year. Troupe was hurt at the end of the year last year and I don't think was on the depth charts after that.

Not good:

Givens’ road:The long road back for Tennessee Titans wide receiver David Givens has gotten even longer.

Givens, who suffered a devastating knee injury last year in a November game against Baltimore, underwent a second surgery on his left knee six weeks ago and now says his goal is to be back sometime before the 2007 season is over.

“They just had to clean my meniscus,” said Givens, who walked with a noticeable limp Thursday at Baptist Sports Park. “There were some loose bodies in there, and the process of the bone growing back, they kind of had to shave that down a little and get it back to where it should be.”

That surgery was a minor setback, but nothing compared to the original surgery that not only included a torn ACL, but also a broken femur, of which a portion had to be removed.

I did have a lot more extensive knee surgery than just an ACL. I broke my femur behind my knee cap, a pretty big piece of bone,” Givens said. “It was taken out and replaced by bone plugs, some artificial and some of my own bone plugs. With that being a weight-bearing surface, my bone has to grow back, and when that surface has grown back, I should be able to start jogging.

“Right now, I just got off the cane probably about two weeks ago after my second surgery, which was about six weeks ago. It’s a slow process. I’m just working and gradually getting better.”

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=56127