[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb on the way out of Philly?

TDFFFreak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so let me see if i've got this correctly....the dallas cowboys want mcnabb to stay in philly, even though he's drubbed them like a rented mule throughout his career, because the cowboys were better than the eagles in the 70s?

:D

so let me see if i've got this correctly....the dallas cowboys want mcnabb to stay in philly, even though he's drubbed them like a rented mule throughout his career, because the cowboys were better than the eagles in the 70s?

No, because he's not the QB he was even a few years ago and definitely not as good as Garcia.

What an exaggeration of a title for this thread!! :tup: The whole story is a media circus attempt to give McNabb print time... Eagles have not said a word about McNabb not being there.....where in the story does it say/quote the title of the thread? Drafting a QB doesn't mean anything...get your thread title right:

McNabb expounds on Eagles Drafting QB is a better title....every player is on the way out--they get closer to being gone every day....! :D

It's called sensationalizing a thread topic. I'm not the first and won't be the last to do it here at the Huddle...

And I will add, there is a question mark. So I just pose the question as a topic for discussion and not stating this as fact. :D

Garcia (6 Games)

TD’s – 10 (1.66 per game)

Int. – 2 (.33 per game)

Rating – 95.8

Record - 5-1 (Only loss to Indy) :tup:

McNabb (10 Games)

TD’s – 18 (1.8 per game)

Int’s – 6 (.6 per game)

Rating – 95.5

Record – 5-5 :D

You forgot a stat: 6.96 yds/att (Garcia) / 8.38 yds/att (McNabb)

I really didn't think Cowboys fans were this obtuse. But, I'll cut you some slack since you're obviously not too bright (as evidenced by always resorting to the championships when trying to discuss football in 2007, but I digress).

You see, the coaches expect McNabb to MAKE PLAYS because he is such a dynamic athlete and QB. So, they give him a very complex set of plays to run which enable them to strtech the field and be a big-play offense. When Garcia bacame the starter, it was obvious that he couldn't run the same set of complex plays due to his more limited skill-set. So, they changed the offensive philosophy to be a more ball-controlled offense enabling them to eat-up more clock and utilize the short passing game. Thus, a more ball-controlled offense led to a more rested defense so the defense was able to step-up it's game. End result was Garcia had better stats because he was asked to do easier, less risky things as a QB than McNabb was. School's out, you are dismissed.

also...when you look at the numbers and are a stat-geek...you will say that Garcia is better because of the wins...

but you don't mention the fact that the gameplan was altered completely to a more balanced offense...

does this make Garcia better?...no...I mean, he's better than Romo... but all Romo had was a coach who called plays around his weaknesses...which was exposed after about 6 or 7 weeks....

Romo and Garcia had coaches who managed the game around their flaws....so I will compare the two in this scenario because McNabb is a better QB than both of these 2 combined...

Well I will give you this .... Romo and Garcia do have something in common with all Eagle QB's in history ... zero SB victories.

and they'll continue to do so for the duration of their careers...

until we win one...

LOL ... Maybe McFagg would have a better that .500 record if the coaches made it easier on him as well. I heard somewhere that he wasn't that smart anyway. :D

5-1 > 5-5

Maybe in the slum schools of Philly .500 is greater than .833! :D

There you go again changing argument to deflect. Garcia's RECORD was better than McNabb's LAST YEAR. Sure, no arguments there. But...now try to stay on-topic here...that does NOT = Garcia better than McNabb no matter how much you try to insult the fine educational system of the great city of Philadelphia.

So, according to you the reason that the Cowboys would love for McNabb to stick around is because he has declined as a QB over the years, so much so that the 37-year-old Garcia is better. THAT's your reasoning? Awesome. We'll keep him, his diminishing skills, his 9-3 record against the Cowboys (including a 14 pt win last year) and the same coaching staff around at least for the next couple of years and see how that works-out for you.