[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI Reporting Vick involved with Dog Fighting

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick tried to throw his cousin under the train. Let's not get defensive here, but if an every day dude (any of us) had a house of 70 dogs and proof that they have on Vick, we would have numerous charges "ALREADY" and would be in jail or trying to post a large bail!!!

How can you not know what is going on there at your own house? 70 dogs!! For all groupees of Vick....those dogs, the evidence to date, etc...didn't happen over night...it took months....it is bad enough to be a so called "face" of the Falcons, but to "ALLOW" innocent animals to be mistreated/abused and do nothing is appalling! Falcons should suspend him right now pending further investigation outcomes.

Its like you coming to my house and I got 70 barber chairs and every person there has a fresh looking haircut and me saying I'm not a barber and I didn't know there was hair cutting going on there....yeah RIGHT! Vick until proven guilty! IGNORANCE however large or small of the law is no excuse!! Ignorance to what is going on in your own house deserves punishment for stupidity!

Mike please kiss :D

Where's Bigscore at to blame this on Vick's WR's :doh:

:D

Personally, I'd be very surprised if Vick is the :D he claims to be in all of this.

Here's the story Vick spun to the media when this all 1st came about...

"I'm never there. I'm never at the house," Vick said. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing. The issue will get resolved."

"It's unfortunate I have to take the heat behind it. If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on. It's a call for me to really tighten down on who I'm trying to take care of. When it all boils down, people will try to take advantage of you and leave you out to dry. Lesson learned for me," Vick added.

However, that story is now going over like a lead ballon. Witnesses interviewed by an investigative reporter are completely contradicting it...
"There's a store nearby and the clerks there said, 'Yeah, he comes in here often to buy supplies, lots of supplies, for the dogs, including things like syringes.'"
:tup:

Here's the radio interview with the reporter.

Seems like it might be tough for the authorities to get a Felony conviction on Vick, as according to VA law, the authorities will to have to prove that Vick was not only present at organized dog fight(s), but that he was one of the specific dog handlers initiating the dog fight(s).

Be that as it may, Felony conviction, lesser conviction, or even no conviction, my bet is that Goodell ends up giving Vick a mini vacation this year, considering that Goodell seems serious about cleaning up the league of thugish behavior (see Pacman & Henry) by strictly enforcing the "Conduct Detrimental" policy. This dog fighting crap (whatever Vick's level of involvement), along with the water bottle fiasco, makes it an almost foregone conclusion, IMO.

My guess is at least, somewhere along the lines of 4 to 8 games.

:D . . . on the field he hasn't been all that good either . . .

You can't lead an exciting life off the field and then on the field lead a bunch of no bodies to the Super Bowl. Maybe in a few years when these rookies aren't rookies, he might have a team.

You can't lead an exciting life off the field and then on the field lead a bunch of no bodies to the Super Bowl. Maybe in a few years when these rookies aren't rookies, he might have a team.

He will be long gone by then. Or on his last leg.

Edit- Can you please try to use english. "That be better" doesnt work.

It does if you're hangin w/Vick and da boyz :D

He'll get away w/this, just watch. It's one of those OJ-like things where everyone knows he did it but he gets high-dollar lawyers to play pattycake with judge and jury and skips out the back door, laughing all the way.

What is the problem with dog fighting? :D Dogs fight. Thats what they do. Why is everyone acting like raising fighting dogs is some HUGH deal. Its not! Neither is cockfighting. Its not like drugs, murder, etc. He is just raising dogs much like every other family in America. He is just raising a breed of dog that is known to fight, which really isnt a big deal anyway. When did "The View" take over the thoughts and minds of The Huddle?

What is the problem with dog fighting? :D Dogs fight. Thats what they do. Why is everyone acting like raising fighting dogs is some HUGH deal. Its not! Neither is cockfighting. Its not like drugs, murder, etc. He is just raising dogs much like every other family in America. He is just raising a breed of dog that is known to fight, which really isnt a big deal anyway. When did "The View" take over the thoughts and minds of The Huddle?

Always playing the role of Devils Advocate, eh spain? :D

Well he thinks he's always right, but it seems to me that he is doing a 180 after speaking with Commissioner Goddell. :D

May have an acute condition there. Sorry for going off on a tangent there. :D

Well he thinks he's always right, but it seems to me that he is doing a 180 after speaking with Commissioner Goddell. :tup:

May have an acute condition there. Sorry for going off on a tangent there. :D

Ah, memories of sophomore geometry. :D

Its inhumane to breed dogs to be vicious killers. Its also dangerous to the people that live around the area as well. If these dogs ever escape there pen, they will attack anything. Women and children would have no chance against one of these dogs.

Its inhumane to breed dogs to be vicious killers. Its also dangerous to the people that live around the area as well. If these dogs ever escape there pen, they will attack anything. Women and children would have no chance against one of these dogs.

No its not you dumbass! Obviously, dogs should be properly restrained at all times. I dont have a problem ensuring that pets cant get out of their own yard. But that should be the law for any breed of dog. Are you suggesting that nobody should be able to own a dog because at some point in time they might escape their pen's and potentially hurt an innocent person? Should we just totally ban dog ownership? :D

I have been to both dog and cock fights. Its more of an athletic event than a fight to the death inhumane spectacle that PETA makes it out to be. The are f'n dogs for God sakes. Direct descendants of wolves. They fight. Its part of what they are. Whats wrong with letting them fight if vets are there to take care of any injuries? Should we ban boxing too because fighters get hurt? And football is clearly dangerous so should we ban that too? You Rosie O'Donnell girls make me sick. I guess the Oprahization of the American male is complete.

It may be a bit harsh, but Im sure that lots of dogs fought to the death as a lot of these types of dog fighting rings do, so as far as Im concerned, Vick should pretty much just die. He is a worthless POS and he has done nothing but turn in to the thug boith he and his brother have always been.

F him and I hope he dies.