[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve McNair DUI

Big Red

I was having a few drinks in a bar called the Tin Roof on Tuesday afternoon with a couple of co-workers who were in from out of town. McNair was there with a couple of other black dudes. They were drinking alot.

I was having a few drinks in a bar called the Tin Roof on Tuesday afternoon with a couple of co-workers who were in from out of town. McNair was there with a couple of other black dudes. They were drinking alot.

Was that the day you were hanging out with Paris Hilton & Linsay Lohan?

Well, if this holds up, it ought to be very interesting to see what Goddell does. It's easy to smack down a-holes like Pacman & Henry, who are repeat problem children, but its another thing to discipline a respected high profile vet, especially a QB.

Well, if this holds up, it ought to be very interesting to see what Goddell does. It's easy to smack down a-holes like Pacman & Henry, who are repeat problem children, but its another thing to discipline a respected high profile vet, especially a QB.

cruelty to defenseless animals pi$$es off the average fan way more than cruelty to strippers, for example. if this story blows up, this is could be a huge PR hit to the NFL. The league is way bigger than Vick and i could easily see a significant suspension.

I DON'T like that law. No reason to have a safe driver if you're going to get nailed anyway. In this case the safe driver wasn't safe but I don't like the rule.

I see the point to it. If you are drunk and just give the keys to an other drunk, that's bad (mm-kay).

What I don't get is how these guys make 7-8 figures a year and don't hire a cab/limo.

cruelty to defenseless animals pi$$es off the average fan way more than cruelty to strippers, for example. if this story blows up, this is could be a huge PR hit to the NFL. The league is way bigger than Vick and i could easily see a significant suspension.

wrong thread :D

That is a BULLSCHIT law IMO, DUI by consent? Foking bullschit.

How about speeding by consent, should have told driver to slow down.

Hit and run by consent, should have jumped in the drivers seat and made them pull over.

Tint too dark by consent, should have peeled off the tint yourself before being allowed to ride in car.

Absolute crap, hello nazi germany.

This would be McNair's second alcohol-related arrest. The first one also involved a weapon.

If Goddell gives favorable treatment to McNair, it would be prejudicial based on the position he plays, or the way he talks and dresses. That would not be good.

That is a BULLSCHIT law IMO, DUI by consent? Foking bullschit.

How about speeding by consent, should have told driver to slow down.

Hit and run by consent, should have jumped in the drivers seat and made them pull over.

Tint too dark by consent, should have peeled off the tint yourself before being allowed to ride in car.

Absolute crap, hello nazi germany.

I can't believe that I agree with H8.

Except maybe with the tint. That should be the owner's fault.

The law is there to try to prevent ANY drunk from driving, just because it's your car, and you're the passenger, doesn't make you exempt from the fact you knowinly/willfully, let a drunk drive your car. The life it saves may be yours. Michigan has a similar law, which I found out the same way, although we got drove to his house and had to go back and pick up my van. The question or concern is, if you're friend seemed completely ok,,,,,, but even then,,,,,,, I'm sure there's a fine line but it's to protect people, especially others as drunks rarely end up hurt near as much as those they hit. The whole idea is to have a sober driver. Just my 2 cents...

The law is there to try to prevent ANY drunk from driving, just because it's your car, and you're the passenger, doesn't make you exempt from the fact you knowinly/willfully, let a drunk drive your car. The life it saves may be yours. Michigan has a similar law, which I found out the same way, although we got drove to his house and had to go back and pick up my van. The question or concern is, if you're friend seemed completely ok,,,,,, but even then,,,,,,, I'm sure there's a fine line but it's to protect people, especially others as drunks rarely end up hurt near as much as those they hit. The whole idea is to have a sober driver. Just my 2 cents...

If I'm drunk and somebody else tells me that they are ok to drive, I cannot rely on my own judgement to tell if they are or not. Should I therefore refuse a ride from everybody? It is the responsibility of the person drivng to make sure that they are sober enough, not the passenger.

This would be McNair's second alcohol-related arrest. The first one also involved a weapon.

If Goddell gives favorable treatment to McNair, it would be prejudicial based on the position he plays, or the way he talks and dresses. That would not be good.

I believe those charges where dropped. Also, I do not know if he was field tested. This may be nothing, it may be something big. We'll have to wait.

If I'm drunk and somebody else tells me that they are ok to drive, I cannot rely on my own judgement to tell if they are or not. Should I therefore refuse a ride from everybody? It is the responsibility of the person drivng to make sure that they are sober enough, not the passenger.

I do not disagree with this either, but the fact remains, the car's in your name, your insurance, which are I'm sure held accountable in any accident. One point though, if the "friend" has been drinking much as you have, chances are he's as drunk as you are. Quite diff, if the guy has only had 2 beers........ common sense and good judgement has to rule here regardless of the law........... I'm no saint, had a few dui's myself.

no. it's because he is black.

Although McNair was the passenger, it was his car. In TN, that is enough for an arrest (guess they assume you are either more drunk, or should not have let the drunk drive).

That is one of the dumbest freaking laws I've ever heard of.

I believe those charges where dropped. Also, I do not know if he was field tested. This may be nothing, it may be something big. We'll have to wait.

Weren't some of the charges against Pacman dropped too? Or was he found innocent? Is there a difference from a legal or an NFL standpoint?

Huh. I could have sworn Pacman & Henry were black. I must have the wrong pictures on the nfl.com player pages again...

The ironic thing is that McNair played the race card when he was arrested for DUI with an unregistered weapon under his seat... and it worked. But then again McNair doesn't have gold teeth and dreads. It's like double-reverse racism times nine, yo.

Was that the day you were hanging out with Paris Hilton & Linsay Lohan?

Uh, no. One of them was a Yugoslavian lesbian and the other is American but she weighed in at some 250 pounds.