[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legal Document-Pacman Appeal

They will lose their appeal if they are using the "the prior offenders were never punished" defense. By bringing all the other players into the spotlight just shows something needs to get done. Unfortunately he is the first and probably won't be the last.

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

On the eve of his appeal to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Adam "Pacman" Jones probably should avoid what he did the last time he was in New York for the meeting that led to his one-year suspension.

Jones went to a strip club, sources close to the league, the NFL Players Association and Jones have confirmed.

The night before his April 3 meeting with Goodell to talk about his off-field conduct, Jones made a late-night trip to an adult New York club. Jones was spotted inside the club shortly after he had a face-to-face meeting with two leading veteran players, Takeo Spikes and Troy Vincent, who traveled to New York to urge Jones to clean up his act.

When Goodell and Jones met the next day, the commissioner already was made aware of Jones' late-night excursion because security from the strip club tipped off NFL security.

Rather than directly confront Jones, the commissioner gave him a test, sources said.

According to these sources, Goodell asked Jones what he was doing to help himself to change his lifestyle. Jones gave a lot of the right answers, such as volunteering that he was going to avoid the nightclub scene.

The commissioner asked him if the self-imposed ban included strip clubs. Jones said yes.

Goodell then asked Jones the last time he had visited a strip club.

Jones became a bit fidgety, perhaps suspicious that the commissioner was on to him, before he answered, "A day ago," sources said.

:D

Dude seems pretty dumb. Think he'll do it again?

To use the "well, look at all the other bad apples" defense shows just how bad Jones' case is. If he thinks that will save his arse, he's badly mistaken. Like others have stated, all it shows is that someone needs to put their foot down - and actually it's long past time someone with cajones stepped up to the plate to do it. He may be cutting his own throat instead of establishing a precedent - which is meaningless in this kind of action anyhow. This is a decision by a private entity - the NFL. They don't have to abide by "fairness" rules as long as they are abiding by the letter of the CBA.

Also nice to see Ms. Pacman man up like he said he would earlier...

Don't think that him and his lawyer bringing up all these names will bring him any friends. I know I sure wouldn't be happy if I was on that list.

I hope that the Commish sticks to his guns and doesn't give an inch to this low-life slug. He made his intentions known...he drew the line in the sand... now he needs to stand pat. I know in my gut though, he will probably reduce the penalty though that would not be a good thing to do.