[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I have hated Comcast ever since they were Jones Intercable. They have a long history of screwing thier customers.

troof. They suck on an AT&T-like level. Just try wading thru their phone menus from hell sometime and actually get a human being to talk to.

Both they and NFL Network can suck my onions. I don't miss Comcast and won't miss NFL Network much either.

Edited by BeeR

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Bill. It's the same here in Hotlanta.

As long as they don't charge us an EXTRA $5/month now, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

Whats next, Pay Per View Thanksgiving Day Games?

Hopefully professional boxing has showed the rest of the sports world that Pay-Per-View is a death sentence.

Edited by Bill Swerski

DirecTV is great until it's raining or windy.

You need to break out the chain saw then becuase I don't get rain fade unless there's a wall of ice in the air.

You need to break out the chain saw then becuase I don't get rain fade unless there's a wall of ice in the air.

I had DirecTV when I lived in Texas and it went out A LOT during heavy rain. Their customer service is great, but satellite isn't the best option for every climate.

I had DirecTV when I lived in Texas and it went out A LOT during heavy rain. Their customer service is great, but satellite isn't the best option for every climate.

Bingo. Having six inches of ice on the dish in the middle of a Minnesota winter can reduce the quality a tad.

Not to mention High Speed I-net from DirectTV suxor the big fat one.

Then ad in the fact that the New AT&T doesn't offer naked DSL & for those under Ma Bell's shadow, cable looks better.

We are stuck in a unique situation here in Philly, Comcast's hometown. Comcast has a grandfathered law in place here that says they do not have to offer any Comcast channels on DirectTV in the Philly area. What that means to us Philly fans is that if we subscribe to DirectTV, we cannot receive the Comcast channel, which happens to be the home for the Sixers, Flyers and Phillies.

So we have a choice...either subscirbe to Comcast on not get the NFL Sunday Ticket, or subscribe to Direct TV and not have access to Philly home games for hockey, baseball and basketball ( :D ).

Exactly why I haven't switched. Although I am not a hugh basketball fan, I like to watch the Flyers and Phillies.

Another example of why Direct TV is awesome (Thanks PSU)!!!! I dropped Comcast early last year and have never looked back. I had them for TV and internet service and now I have DTV and Verizon High Speed for the computer and couldn't be happier.

I dropped Charter and feel the same.

Time to move to a better DirecTV climate. Life should rotate around football.

Time Warner hasn't been carrying it because they wouldn't let them put it on the sports tier.

Now they'll probably offer it and if I want it, I'll have to pay the extra $5 a month.

Least I'll have the option.

Direct TV blows! Last season when I had it I swear everytime a game was on the dam signal would get lost and I ended up missing about 2 qurters of a game just waiting on the signal to get back! So I switched to DISH network and have no once had that problem! SWEET!!

Direct TV blows! Last season when I had it I swear everytime a game was on the dam signal would get lost and I ended up missing about 2 qurters of a game just waiting on the signal to get back! So I switched to DISH network and have no once had that problem! SWEET!!

It probably had everything to do with your installer... Sometimes that are not the best (all of them are outside contractors) so you should have called customer service and complained about your signal and demanded another guy come by to re-position your dish.... I have moved twice in the last three years and my signal has been strong each time, because I have had good installers. You must have a good installer from DISH so your service is reliable and gives you a good picture. :D Glad it worked out for you, but your problem w/ DirecTV was likely caused by an inept installer. :D

The DirecTV knob-slobbing in this thread is ridiculous. Take away Sunday Ticket and they'd be out of business.

I don't have the Ticket and I would not leave them regardless. They provide service that is much better than my local cable company at a better price with better customer service. It is simple as that. Yes, it has some issues with weather depending on where you live and where you would have your dish located, but there are plenty of people that are very loyal to DirecTV because it is simply a better service than many cable companies. If both of the satellite companies didn't exist as you say in your post, cable prices would be out of sight without strong competition from them... :D

The real problem is positioning of the dish and how well buckled down it is. If it is pointed in the right direction and doesn't move, only a huge meteor should affect the signal.

I have NEVER had a problem, even in Hurricane conditions!

I'm actually in the situation where I have both DirectTV (for Sunday Ticket - can't beat it) & Comcast (for high speed I-net - best residential broadband you can get).

When we bought & moved into our house, the cable was already installed. Over the last year I've been slowly but surely fixing up the house (previously a rental property & in need of some serious TLC).

While doing the exterior work, I found that the cable had been run along the outside walls & then entered the house at a couple of points through the crawl space vents and the screen to keep the critters out, was punched through for the cable.

Also when I pulled the old gutters off to be able to replace the facia boards, I found the cable drop from the telephone pole to the house, had been anchored to the facia board without hitting a rafter tail. Over the years, the resulting strain was pulling the facia board away from the roof rafters. Upon pulling that facia board off, I found that rain water had gotten behind it and some rot was in evidence on a couple of the rafter tails.

Called Comcast about all this.

They first sent an adjuster out to examine the damages. Their insurance then paid for all damages (right at a couple of grand) & for a pest company to come out to take care of any bugs in crawl space (another $400).

Next, one of their third tier installers came out to completely rewire all the cable. No more long runs snaking around the outside walls & entering through the crawl space vents. Mount the drop correctly. They scheduled the guy to come out on a Saturday so I could be there to make sure the new install was done exactly as I wanted it.

Lastly, I recently called in about their I-net pricing & pointed out the competitions intro prices for high speed were substantially less & if they wanted to keep me as a customer, they needed to get their prices in line. Immediate drop of $9.99 on my cable bill.

Possibly my customer service experience with Comcast is the exception rather than the rule, but personally, I can't say enough good things about them. :D

I'm in Hoboken, NJ and just called Cablevision again...they still do not offer the Network yet. Is this an exclusive deal with Comcast? If so, I'm SOL. Also, in my apartment building, no dish allowed...

:D

just go to a sports bar...

I'm actually in the situation where I have both DirectTV (for Sunday Ticket - can't beat it) & Comcast (for high speed I-net - best residential broadband you can get).

Better than the high speed cable connection is Verizon's Fios. The speed is unbelievable. A friend has it; I can't get it yet as it's not yet in my area. When it does get here though I'll possibly sign on for the internet and the TV. I really like Dish but, Fios looks to be cheaper and certainly better for internet connections. The only thing I didn't ask my friend was the about the NFL Network, this may be a problem for me with their TV service if they don't have it.

Edited by jgcoach

Another example of why Direct TV is awesome (Thanks PSU)!!!! I dropped Comcast early last year and have never looked back. I had them for TV and internet service and now I have DTV and Verizon High Speed for the computer and couldn't be happier.

I 2nd that motion I loveee direct TV