[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman to Sue NFL

spain

Not to take Pacman's side on things, but the NFL is technically taking his salary, and his ability to earn his salary, somewhat arbitrarily is it not? :D

Can't he just fall back on his college education?

I think one thing we're all missing is that since PacMan hasn't been convicted of much, his lawyer must actually be really GOOD. :D

:D:D

So, he sets a curfew of midnight but it's PST. Pretty handy when you spend your time hanging out within sniffing distance of the Atlantic.

Only Arizona is in PST right now. The rest of the Pacific time zone is in PDT now. PST during daylight-savings time is equalvalent to MDT.

If the Titans cornerback isn't satisfied with Goodell's decision, however, there's a chance Jones and his attorneys could take things a step further by filing a federal lawsuit against the NFL.

Officials from the NFL weren't available for comment after Friday's afternoon meeting. Jones' attorneys, Manny Arora and Mark Trigg of Atlanta, declined comment.

A decision from the NFL is expected at some point next week.

In Jones' appeal letter to the NFL, however, his attorneys made it clear a lawsuit is a possibility if the suspension is not reduced. Goodell suspended Jones on April 10 for engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, although he left open the possibility of Jones being reinstated after 10 games if he follows specific conditions.

"Mr. Jones respectfully does not concede that the Commissioner's resolution of the appeal will constitute full, final and complete disposition of the dispute,'' according to the document, which is available on tennessean.com. "Mr. Jones expressly reserves and does not waive any and all other legal remedies which may be available to him.''

it seems like pacman's sure got him some dumb lawyers. why would you even say this? if they're trying to get him to reduce the suspension, this sort of legalese threat is going to eliminate any sympathetic reception from the commissioner's office. and i'm sure everyone already knows that kind of lawsuit is a possibility here, bringing attention to that possibility in this letter serves no purpose whatsoever. all it can do is piss people off, at a time when you're asking them to go easy on you. is there some angle i am missing, or are pacman's lawyers just boneheads?

Only Arizona is in PST right now. The rest of the Pacific time zone is in PDT now. PST during daylight-savings time is equalvalent to MDT.

True 'nuff, but the west and east coasts are three hours apart, whether it's PDT or PST, so Pacman's little curfew stunt works equally well whatever time of year it is.

If I was Pacman, I'd have one of my homeboys take some little kid who can't swim and chuck him into a pool. Then, I'd just "happen" to be passing by, and I'd jump in and save the kid. That's good PR.

Oh...wait...I guess Drew Rosenhaus already tried that one.

I don't like to get too judgemental, and Lord knows I am pretty much a stuffed-shirt straight arrow type who has never liked the idea of smoking ANYTHING, but I have to say that it's been 10 years since I was even threatened with being arrested, and this guy has been picked up 5 times in the last 2 years?

No, it's not. It's the privledge of a privately owned firm to determine what standards of conduct its employees must maintain to continue their employment - in this case as agreed upon with the NFLPA through the CBA.

This is the United States, and that's the way private industry operates here in accordance with the law.

it's not illegal, but it's unamerican. this year, it's a thug like pacman jones and nobody cares because he's a world class buffoon who deserves it. but what happens next year if you have something like a duke lacrosse scandal in the nfl? sure, it was duke's privilege as a private university to take their season away. still f'd up, imo.

Edited by paxacha

it's not illegal, but it's unamerican. this year, it's a thug like pacman jones and nobody cares because he's a world class buffoon who deserves it. but what happens next year if you have something like a duke lacrosse scandal in the nfl? sure, it was duke's privilege as a private university to take their season away. still f'd up, imo.

Remember the U of Washington firing Rick Neuheisel for participating in an NCAA Basketball Tourney pool (like almost everybody does at their place of business)? Neiheisel sued and got a $4.5 million settlement, so it's not like there is no recourse.

From what I read, it appears the players themselves are tired of the conduct as well. If the players union is not going to back Pac as stated if it goes to court, why don't they start policing thier own as well? It wouldn't be the first time a union had fined it's own members. Start hurting them where it hurts most, the pocket book. An NFL fine, and a players union fine should start waking some of these idiots up. An across the board we are not going to tolerate this anymore would essentially put these players on their own little island with less recourse for a slap on the wrist.

Lets face it, any of us that many times being talked to by the police, etc,.. we'd be without jobs, union or no. Way I see it, it's a privelege to play in the NFL, not anyones right to be there.