[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas locker room much more relaxed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy those 8-8 and 7-9 seasons, Dallas fans. It aint gonna get any better than that with Wade.

wanna bet? :D

Make that 2 of us that would take you up on that bet. I mean hell with the pitiful Foreskins, Eli Manning-led G-men and at least a split with Superbowl-less Eagles, 7 or 8 wins will be cake. :D

2007 Regular Season Schedule

DATE OPPONENT

Sun, Sep 9 NY GIANTS W

Sun, Sep 16 @ Miami W

Sun, Sep 23 @ Chicago L

Sun, Sep 30 ST. LOUIS W

Mon, Oct 8 @ Buffalo W

Sun, Oct 14 NEW ENGLAND L

Sun, Oct 21 MINNESOTA W

Sun, Oct 28 BYE WEEK

Sun, Nov 4 @ Philadelphia L

Sun, Nov 11 @ NY Giants L

Sun, Nov 18 WASHINGTON W

Thu, Nov 22 NY JETS W

Thu, Nov 29 GREEN BAY W

Sun, Dec 9 @ Detroit W

Sun, Dec 16 PHILADELHIA W

Sat, Dec 22 @ Carolina L

Sun, Dec 30 @ Washington W

By my calculations that would be 11 wins. I'll start getting your new sigline ready if you like. :tup:

Edited by irish

Vince Lombardi was anything but laid back. Most of the greatest coaches ever were intense and demanding. They also made sure every player knew that they loved them. Tough love. Parcells was excellant at this. He demanded alot, but if you responded, he was your best friend. If they had won more, no one would have cared. Except maybe TO. And baseball analogies don't apply. Being laid back might work in baseball.

Well ... Rangers aren't really a baseball team anyway ...

All the football geniuses here are simply amazing.

The bottom line is Dallas is improved this year...big time.

Whether or not the coaching changes are able to take advantage of it remains to be seen.

Hail to the skins? Joe needs to go back to auto racing.

Your username is pure calculated genius..You dont have to post about our 5 rings so you dont get abused for living in the past yet its right there every time you post..I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

I see Dallas going 7-9 this year myself.

They could end up winning 8 or 9 if things go there way. I cannot see them winning 10 this year though. just not enough talent.

Where are they lacking talent?!? :D The Offensive unit is very solid and the Defensive unit with the additions they've made along with the installation of Phillips' new D will be very effective if not down right scary at times.

The Eagles are the only other team that will give us a run for our money in the division and when all's said and done they'll succumb to the 5 rings ( :D ). Just having some fun with you fellas. But seriously Dallas takes the NFC East this year by a game and the Eagles should win the WC.

Where are they lacking talent?!? :D The Offensive unit is very solid and the Defensive unit with the additions they've made along with the installation of Phillips' new D will be very effective if not down right scary at times.

The Eagles are the only other team that will give us a run for our money in the division and when all's said and done they'll succumb to the 5 rings ( :D ). Just having some fun with you fellas. But seriously Dallas takes the NFC East this year by a game and the Eagles should win the WC.

On the offensive and defensive lines. where it matters most.

It is not just talent though as I have seen some very talented teams do nothing and teams that are not very talented do alot.

1 of the greatest coaches ever got them to 9-7 last year.with lesser coaching(which IS what they have now) I see them winning 7.

On the offensive and defensive lines. where it matters most.

It is not just talent though as I have seen some very talented teams do nothing and teams that are not very talented do alot.

1 of the greatest coaches ever got them to 9-7 last year.with lesser coaching(which IS what they have now) I see them winning 7.

I think both the Offensive and Defensive lines have made improvements from last year to this one. And I agree that's where it matters most, so I'm pretty pleased with the improvements and feel that's exactly why we'll be better. I know that talent alone doesn't win for you but we have it and it's certainly going to help.

While I agree with Parcell's resume making him one of the greatest coaches ever, I really don't feel that he ever fit in well here and quite honestly he didn't make the needed improvements to take us to the next level both on O and D.

I think the team leadership is fine, the offense will continue to be very productive and with the addition of Phillips and his scheming, the defense will be top notch this year- possibly a Top 5 unit.

7 wins is not only a joke but a cinch.

Hell the example below shows a great chance for Dallas to win 5 straight-

Sun, Nov 18 WASHINGTON W

Thu, Nov 22 NY JETS W

Thu, Nov 29 GREEN BAY W

Sun, Dec 9 @ Detroit W :D

Sun, Dec 16 PHILADELHIA W

The only road game there happens to be against the easiest opponent. :D

Edited by irish

I think both the Offensive and Defensive lines have made improvements from last year to this one. And I agree that's where it matters most, so I'm pretty pleased with the improvements and feel that's exactly why we'll be better. I know that talent alone doesn't win for you but we have it and it's certainly going to help.

While I agree with Parcell's resume making him one of the greatest coaches ever, I really don't feel that he ever fit in well here and quite honestly he didn't make the needed improvements to take us to the next level both on O and D.

I think the team leadership is fine, the offense will continue to be very productive and with the addition of Phillips and his scheming, the defense will be top notch this year- possibly a Top 5 unit.

7 wins is not only a joke but a cinch.

I got a feeling this thread is gonna be around all season long.

I got a feeling this thread is gonna be around all season long.

It'll be alot of fun, that's for sure. Right, wrong or indifferent I absolutely can't wait for the season to begin!!! I'll give you this, regardless of what I posted above in terms of breaking down the Cowboy's schedule I could see them stumbling out of the blocks, which would allow you to be making the first bump in this thread. :D

Alright, ya got me! Just cause I was born in Dallas in 1960 and followed them since I was maybe 6 or 7 gives me a long term perspective on their success as a team. How many other 8 time nfc champs and 5 time super bowl champs since 1970 has there been?

Sure, lately they have not been as strong but thats the way it goes.

I charge for my newsletter and I only preach to the Cowboy Choir. Plus, I charge $19.95 a year.

I accept paypal. Let me know if you need the paypal info :-P

Your username is pure calculated genius..You dont have to post about our 5 rings so you dont get abused for living in the past yet its right there every time you post..I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

It'll be alot of fun, that's for sure. Right, wrong or indifferent I absolutely can't wait for the season to begin!!! I'll give you this, regardless of what I posted above in terms of breaking down the Cowboy's schedule I could see them stumbling out of the blocks, which would allow you to be making the first bump in this thread. :D

I won't bump it whether right or wrong. I just see this thread sticking around. always a Cowboy thread that starts in the offseason and makes it through the season. I just get the feeling this will be the 1.

What leads you to believe that they have "lesser coaching" than they had last year?

I can't believe you even have to ask me this question.

Whether you liked Parcells or not..him leaving I think easily explains why anyone would say their coaching is worse this year.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Whether you liked Parcells or not..him leaving I think easily explains why anyone would say their coaching is worse this year.

I disagree. You can blame T.O if you want but Parcells looked like an old man ready for the golf course, especially this past year. I respect Parcells' career very much. That said I'm not that disappointed to see him go and see what Phillips and Garrett can do.

I disagree. You can blame T.O if you want but Parcells looked like an old man ready for the golf course, especially this past year. I respect Parcells' career very much. That said I'm not that disappointed to see him go and see what Phillips and Garrett can do.

Nothing wrong with this opinion. and I hope it works out for ya. I just disagree. I was just pointing out how I could conclude the coaching is worse.

I'm not a Wade Phillips fan by any means (as a head coach). But IMO to say there is a drop off in the head coach position because it isn't Bill Parcells is ludicrous. The Bill that was in Dallas was NOT the Bill that took several teams to super bowls. The Bill that was in Dallas was a tired old man that could not control his team and tried to use his tired old game plan each week whether or not it was the right game plan. The Bill in Dallas has NO energy.

Will Wade Phillips be better, :D ... but I don't think it is a given that he will be worse simply because he is not Bill Parcells.

Will Wade Phillips be better, :D ... but I don't think it is a given that he will be worse simply because he is not Bill Parcells.

Holy crap. Wade not worse that Parcells? What universe have I just wandered into?

This will be an interesting year in DAL. I give it no more than week 3 before the big top goes up & the circus starts.

Holy crap. Wade not worse that Parcells? What universe have I just wandered into?

This will be an interesting year in DAL. I give it no more than week 3 before the big top goes up & the circus starts.

Take off your rose colored glasses ... Bill Parcells stopped coaching over a decade ago.

File this under "I'll believe it when I see it" as far as the "relaxed Dallas locker room" being a good thing or not.

In short, I am not so sure that this team doesn't need someone to administer the occasional kick in the pants to get them to play to their potential.

Take off your rose colored glasses ... Bill Parcells stopped coaching over a decade ago.

You mean the same Bill Parcells who converted the Dave Campo/Jerry Jones 5-11 mess into a 10-6 playoff team (with Quincy Freaking Carter at the helm) in his first year? Yeah, he wan't coaching at all. :D