[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas locker room much more relaxed

Take off your rose colored glasses ... Bill Parcells stopped coaching over a decade ago.

2 thoughts:

Parcells turned DAL from a crappy team into a playoff contender without benefit of a good O-line. He was saddled with an immobile Bledsoe & a vastly inexperienced Romo at QB behind that line & made it work. He simply willed that team into what it was with some superior coaching despite being obviously hamstrung by Jones when it came to T.O. If you think with the issues that DAL had on the O-line & in the D backfield that they would have done well regardless of who was coaching, this conversation may as well be over, because there's no point in arguing with someone who either is so jaded against Parcells or so uneductaed in football. Know you & I both know it's not the latter...

Secondly, you have no idea how bad a HC Phillips is. As great a DC as Phillips is - and he's one of the best in the business - he's that bad of a HC. He is one of those coordinators whose coaching skills do not translate to the top level well. The top guy has to be a ball-busting crack the whip type at times, and the coordinators can be the buffer between the HC & players. Phillips is an incredible push-over and the players have walked all over him where he has HCed. Now put T.O. into that situation and watch the locker room come apart at the seams as T.O. throws anyone & everyone under the bus when he doesn't get his own way - all the while dropping easy passes - & Phillips does virtually nothing to muzzle him.

Jones deserves what is going to be visited upon his team in another 2-4 months, and DAL fans are going to be very unhappy about the results.

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 thoughts:

Parcells turned DAL from a crappy team into a playoff contender without benefit of a good O-line. He was saddled with an immobile Bledsoe & a vastly inexperienced Romo at QB behind that line & made it work. He simply willed that team into what it was with some superior coaching despite being obviously hamstrung by Jones when it came to T.O. If you think with the issues that DAL had on the O-line & in the D backfield that they would have done well regardless of who was coaching, this conversation may as well be over, because there's no point in arguing with someone who either is so jaded against Parcells or so uneductaed in football. Know you & I both know it's not the latter...

Secondly, you have no idea how bad a HC Phillips is. As great a DC as Phillips is - and he's one of the best in the business - he's that bad of a HC. He is one of those coordinators whose coaching skills do not translate to the top level well. The top guy has to be a ball-busting crack the whip type at times, and the coordinators can be the buffer between the HC & players. Phillips is an incredible push-over and the players have walked all over him where he has HCed. Now put T.O. into that situation and watch the locker room come apart at the seams as T.O. throws anyone & everyone under the bus when he doesn't get his own way - all the while dropping easy passes - & Phillips does virtually nothing to muzzle him.

Jones deserves what is going to be visited upon his team in another 2-4 months, and DAL fans are going to be very unhappy about the results.

When you talk about the inferior talent Bill Parcells had to work with shouldn't you consider he had the team HE himself put together? Isn't HE the one that brought immobile QBs Testaverde and Bledsoe to Dallas? Isn't he the one that made the draft picks and free agent acquistions (except TO)? Parcells NEVER showed the ability to make adjustments to the game plan as needed. He continued to coach his team as if he were playing in the NFL of 2 decades ago. He had no fire.

I suspect you could be right about Phillips as a HC. However, if he can tune up the defense it could be enough to make Dallas a better team.

I still believe that you simply can not say that Dallas is worse off at HC simply because Parcells is gone. When Parcells got to Dallas he was a has-been and did nothing to change that.

I still believe that you simply can not say that Dallas is worse off at HC simply because Parcells is gone. When Parcells got to Dallas he was a has-been and did nothing to change that.

But one can definitely say that they're worse off with Wade Phillips than they were with Parcells. Has-been or not, Parcells was still a competent HC. I can't say the same about Phillips.

I disagree. You can blame T.O if you want but Parcells looked like an old man ready for the golf course, especially this past year. I respect Parcells' career very much. That said I'm not that disappointed to see him go and see what Phillips and Garrett can do.

+1

Bill looked like a good choice, and he started out great. But last year he looked worn out and lost (could very well be the JJ effect). I have never been impressed with Wade, but he will be no worse then Parcells o a year ago.

I disagree. Parcells was washed up and not very competent.

LOL, they were a botched FG hold away from winning their first playoff game in a decade. Parcells developed young players like Romo, Witten, Newman, and Roy Williams into Pro Bowlers. He kept volatile players like T.O. and Keyshawn in check. He got a couple good years out of past-their-prime players like Bledsoe, Glenn, and Keyshawn. But he was "not very competent"? :D

You're going to have to change your definition of incompetence after a year of Wade Phillips. Good luck with that.

Edited by Bill Swerski

LOL, they were a botched snap away from winning their first playoff game in a decade. Parcells developed young players like Romo, Witten, Newman, and Roy Williams into Pro Bowlers. He kept volatile players like T.O. and Keyshawn in check. He got a couple good years out of past-their-prime players like Bledsoe, Glenn, and Keyshawn. But he was "not very competent"? :D

You're going to have to change your definition of incompetence after a year of Wade Phillips. Good luck with that.

Was he able to develop young players, sure. Did he keep volitile players in check, perhaps.

However, without the ability to manage a game those facts are largely irrelevant. So what if the talent of your young players is sufficient enough to over come the coach's inability to manage a game to point of getting your team into the playoffs only to be one and done.

However, without the ability to manage a game those facts are largely irrelevant. So what if the talent of your young players is sufficient enough to over come the coach's inability to manage a game to point of getting your team into the playoffs only to be one and done.

Care to give an example of when Parcells mis-managed a game? Be sure to explain how Wade Phillips would've made a better decision.

All this does is give TO the license to say whatever he wants, without consequence. Let the alienation begin...

Also not sure how Phillips is an upgrade over Parcells, although Cowboys fans will tell you different...

T.O basically said whatever he wanted and led the league in td catches last year. How do you know there will be no consequences this season if/when he does something wrong?

I consider myself a Cowboy's fan and I'm not sure if I said Phillips is an upgrade over Parcells....just said Parcells looked worn out to me and that I'm excited to see what Phillips can do with the D and what Garrett can do with the O. :D

T.O basically said whatever he wanted and led the league in td catches last year. How do you know there will be no consequences this season if/when he does something wrong?

I consider myself a Cowboy's fan and I'm not sure if I said Phillips is an upgrade over Parcells....just said Parcells looked worn out to me and that I'm excited to see what Phillips can do with the D and what Garrett can do with the O. :D

Consequences from WHO? Wade Phillips is a pushover.

Take it from the fan of a team once coached by Norv Turner. These types of coaches don't fair well. If someone key gets injured and/or they lose a few games they shouldn't, there will be a mutiny and no one to enforce the "law"...

I was speaking of fans I know personally. They claim Phillips is going to "return them to the promise land"...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE