[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Breakout/Biggest Bust

Danny Zuko

Call me crazy, but I see Cadillac Williams surprising with the breakout season that was supposed to happen last year. I also see Travis Henry exploding for a big year.

People will expect too much from Rookie RBs like Lynch and Peterson and be disappointed with picking them to early. I also see Clinton Portis losing more of his mojo.

Edited by Danny Zuko

RBs - Call me crazy, but I see Cadillac Williams surprising with the breakout season that was supposed to happen last year. I also see Travis Henry exploding for a big year.

WRs - People will expect too much from Rookie RBs like Lynch and Peterson and be disappointed with picking them to early. I also see Clinton Portis losing more of his mojo.

Caddy will probably be a good pick in drafts cause he will fall further this year than he did last year. I just hope he can stay healthy, gets some consistent play from the O-line and bounce back.

Caddy will probably be a good pick in drafts cause he will fall further this year than he did last year. I just hope he can stay healthy, gets some consistent play from the O-line and bounce back.

His O-Line should be significantly improved this year and more importantly, a 6th round rookie will not be starting at QB. :D

RBs - Call me crazy, but I see Cadillac Williams surprising with the breakout season that was supposed to happen last year. I also see Travis Henry exploding for a big year.

WRs - People will expect too much from Rookie RBs like Lynch and Peterson and be disappointed with picking them to early. I also see Clinton Portis losing more of his mojo.

Aren't all of dese guys RBs?

Hardee Har Har. Maybe you guys are having a tough time understanding what "exploding" means. It doesn't mean good. It means awesome.

Travis Henry top 5? I doubt it. He won't be Gore.

I like Caddy in the 3rd round if he falls that far.

Shaun Alexander could bounce back but the foot scares me.

RBs - Call me crazy, but I see Cadillac Williams surprising with the breakout season

You're crazy.

I do like Henry this year though. Amazing how many people have already forgotten what Portis did in DEN. If Shanny has a good enough RB, he will go w/it.

Disappointing, at least from RB angle: agree on rook RBs and I don't trust LJ or Alexander. Or Gore.

ahhh hell or anyone not named LT :D I hate trying to figure out my top RB. LT was easy to aim for last year, but he'll be overpriced this year.

MY two cents:

Biggest Breakout: Maroney. While it is no secret he is being projected Top-10 by many, I think he delivers.

Biggest Bust: Based on where he will be drafted, and his breakout-year LAST year, I have a gut feeling Frank Gore will dissappoint many owners in 2007.

Disappointing, at least from RB angle: agree on rook RBs and I don't trust LJ or Alexander. Or Gore.

ahhh hell or anyone not named LT :D I hate trying to figure out my top RB. LT was easy to aim for last year, but he'll be overpriced this year.

Couple things I love Gore. He can get a bit nicked up but is awesome as a runner and receiver. I agree with you on LJ and SA.

I knew LT would be productive cause he simply just has been, however, I don't think he was an easy aim last year as the WRs in SD were and an issue, Rivers was an issue and many weren't sold on the O-line. So there were some question marks heading into fantasy drafts and the season. He had also gotten pretty banged up the year before and many thought that the wear and tear of over-usage might be rearing its ugly head. Plus the fear of Turner siphoning away more carries was a very real possibility to keep LT fresher as the season wore on. I for one was a little leery of LT but thankfully I had the #3 pick in my league and had no choice but to take him as he fell right into my lap and I laughed my way to my Fantasy Title, of course after taking Gore as well in the 4th or 5th round helped.

In terms of him being overpriced this year I can only imagine that you mean in terms of auction leagues as in straight up redrafts he's a no-brainer #1 pick.

MY two cents:

Biggest Breakout: Maroney. While it is no secret he is being projected Top-10 by many, I think he delivers.

Biggest Bust: Based on where he will be drafted, and his breakout-year LAST year, I have a gut feeling Frank Gore will dissappoint many owners in 2007.

I just hope Maroney's shoulders are good to go. It was him that I was reading about at a charity event under handing balls and umping the game so as not to stress his shoulders too much, correct?

Well being that Gore will be a Top 5 pick I can easily understand the concern. But isn't that how we feel about all of our 1st round picks, like they better be locks to carry our squad?

Anyone else feel like DeAngelo Wiiliams, Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones are going to have very solid seasons?

Edited by irish

I agree about all three.

I am still soured by my Foster/Williams tagteam pickups last. Nevertheless Williams could be a steal in later rounds as no one is expecting much from him.

T Jones seems prety underrated and will probably have a pretty solid season as a 2nd RB

Benson seems risky, but with the Bears heavy invested him, he seems like he has got to have a good year. Right? Right? Right?!

Anyone else feel like DeAngelo Wiiliams, Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones are going to have very solid seasons?

Big breakout players

QB- Jake Delhomme

WR-Santonio Holmes

RB- Caddilac Williams

Big bust players

QB- Phillip Rivers

WR- Javon Walker

RB - Frank Gore

I like Santonio. Not sure i see where you're coming from on Walker. He'll be 100% healthy and a whole offseason working with Cutler.

Boom

Clinton Portis: I think he's at the very least a top 10 back. I think closer to six, but people are going to sleep on him way too much. He is one of the top 3 runningbacks in terms of talent.

Bust

Maurice Drew Jones: I didnt beleive it last year... I just don't see him doing it again this year. If he does, I'll stick my tail between my legs and crawl home. I don't see it happening though.

As some of you know I am HUGH supporter of Frank Gore. With reading some posts in this thread I'd like to put out my opinion. Gore will be either 1 or 2 in fantasy football next year. Gore exploded last year, but I like him to well exceed those stats. With Jackson and Hill added to a weak WR corp and a healthy Vernon Davis the offense should be much improved. This means no more 8 in the box against Gore, not that the NFC West could stop him. The additions of Willis and Clements should also definetely help the offense which had the second least plays in the NFL last year. The O line also remains strong with its only weakness being center. (Gore= 312 carries 61 receptions)

You don't hold Michael Turner to pretty much make him a FA next year for him to sit on the bench. And even though Norv Turner is a coach that usually uses one back, a point I made FOR Gore last year, I expect Turner to get another 40 carries that he didn't get last year., even if it is just part of the season to resume trade talks. This brings LT down a bit but you know the TDs will be there so I have he and Gore battling it out for the 1 spot. (SD= 11th in plays) (LT= 348 carries 56 receptions)

In STL you have a much different scenario. Brian Leonard was RB before the Rutgers got Rice. He's not really a great blocker, lost a lot of weight before the combine, and ran a 4.49 at the combine. SJax owners HAVE to be scared about this kid and his potential as a goaline back. (STL=3rd in plays) (SJax= 346 carries 90 receptions)

With those two running into some questionable situations I've got Gore at 1.51 behind LT.

Who's with me.

Edited by broncosn05