[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Animal mascotts

rajncajn

Wondering which teams have real animals as mascots vs the dorks dressed up in costume. The Saints used to have a St Bernard named Gumbo, now they have a costume guy. I know the Bronco's & Seahawks have both, but I can't recall if any of the other teams have animals or not.

American Football Conference

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Denver Broncos - Both(Thunder)

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Diego Chargers

Tennessee Titans

National Football Conference

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Chicago Bears

Dallas Cowboys

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints - costume only

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks - Both(name?)

St. Louis Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Washington Redskins

The Ravens use three mascots, Edgar, Allen and Poe. Each is a guy in a cartoon like raven costume. Each has their own jersey numbered 101, 102 and 103.

and the Ravens will win the Superbowl nevermore...

Edited by alexgaddis

Pretty sure Miami is only costume..it would be hard to bring a dolphin into the stadium.

Back in the early 70's a real dolphin was brought in for Miami games. He swam around in a big tank underneath the goal posts in the open (south/east) end of the old Orange Bowl. I remember watching him jump and flip around and if a ball was kicked through the uprights he would flip it back out with his tail. I think it became too expensive and troublesome, so they gave it up.

The Chefs have a raccoon-costumed guy.

:D

Its a Wolf Costume.............. :D racoon :tup:

"K.C. Wolf is the official mascot of the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs. He was first introduced in 1989 replacing Warpaint, a horse ridden by a man in full Indian chief headdress.

K.C. Wolf also appears at major and minor league baseball parks, community activities, conventions, grand openings, parades, and numerous other events. In the inaugural class of 2006, he became the first NFL mascot inducted into the Mascot Hall of Fame." :doh::D

Edited by Hat Trick

The Bengals use to have a white Bengal Tiger at there home games. He was on loan from the Cincinnati Zoo. I think his name was Benji. I haven't seen him in a few years.

I think Kimo Von Olhoffen rolled into the tigers knee and he had to be put down...

No Mascots

No Cheerleaders

Just Championships :D

Actually, the Bengals and Ravens come into Heinz field ever year, and I'm sure they have several "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY" on their teams..................................................buh dump bump.................... I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Edited by Menudo

No Mascots

No Cheerleaders

Just Championships :D

Actually, the Bengals and Ravens come into Heinz field ever year, and I'm sure they have several "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY" on their teams..................................................buh dump bump.................... try the veal.

Don't be so certain of this. The local Steeler Fan Club president sent us an e-mail telling us about the Steeler's plans for a mascot in the upcoming season. Our local pres. is totally against it. I don't have a link to show you but I'm sure if you looked into this you would find out.

Don't be so certain of this. The local Steeler Fan Club president sent us an e-mail telling us about the Steeler's plans for a mascot in the upcoming season. Our local pres. is totally against it. I don't have a link to show you but I'm sure if you looked into this you would find out.

Yeah, I know, I already saw that article and pictures of the proposed mascot.