[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN RB Rankings

fitzkek

Pretty good list. A little vanilla outside of the top ten, I would have liked to have seen them take a few more risks (i.e. Maroney, D. Williams or maybe Benson), but in general I agree with their rankings more than I do most.

I have seen Maroney as high as #7, and as low as #17.

I have seen Addai as high as #7, and as low as #12.

I have seen Parker as high as #5, and as low as #12.

I have seen Jacobs as high as #11, and as low as #23 (I think Bronco Billy liked him to finish Top-5 from another thread?)

I have seen Westbrook as high as #5, and as low as #11.

I have seen Henry as high as #9, and as low as #18.

I have seen Rudi as high as #5, and as low as #11.

I have seen Alexander as high as #5, and as low as #12

I have seen Brown as high as #7, and as low as #13.

I have seen McGahee as high as #8, and as low as #14.

All this tells me is that after the Top-4 RBs are off the board this year, it is a total crapshoot, unless you have a real solid gut-feel about a player. With this, I think a strategy for a lot of drafters should be to trade down out of spots 5-9, and try to get an extra/higher 2nd round pick to build depth.

If I am drafting at 1.06, and the guy at 1.11 really wants to move up, I'd be more than happy to take his 1.11 & 2.2 for my 1.06 and 2.7. There is a better chance this year than ever before that the guy you would have taken at 1.06 will still be there at 1.11; and I think this year that drafting near the end of a 12-team snake draft is much better than being stuck in the middle....you'll get two quality RBs versus just the one that guys drafting 1.05-1.08 might get.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I have seen Jacobs as high as #11, and as low as #23 (I think Bronco Billy liked him to finish Top-5 from another thread?)

I like him as a top 8-10 RB with a possibility of sneaking in or near the top 5. That doesn't mean I'd draft him there. Don't equate draft position with potential performance.

I like him as a top 8-10 RB with a possibility of sneaking in or near the top 5. That doesn't mean I'd draft him there. Don't equate draft position with potential performance.

Agreed...in fact you're furthering my point that there is a better chance this year than ever that an RB taken 10-15 can potentially slip into Top 5-8 range.

If you had to pick a combo RB attack from the following choices, can you honestly say which one is better than the others? I can't:

Alexander and Brown

McCallister and Rudi

Parker and Henry

Addai and Maroney

Bush and McGahee

Westbrook and Edge

LJ and Benson

...or any combo of the above.

Assuming the Top-3 are LT, SJ and Gore (a big "if", sine many still have LJ in the mix, including the list originally posted), these are what the RB attacks of teams drafting 4-12 will look like.

I'm not even sure having LT and the 24th best RB (Ahman Green, Jacobs, etc., assuming everyone drats RB/RB the 1st two rounds) is a better option. I think I like the ones above just as much, and in some cases, perhaps even more.

Just trying to point out that being lower in the draft, for this year anyway, is perhaps a better option.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Agreed...in fact you're furthering my point that there is a better chance this year than ever that an RB taken 10-15 can potentially slip into Top 5-8 range.

I couldn't agree more. This would be a great year to trade away a mid-round 1st round pick w/ a lower level mid-round pick for 2nd & 3rd round picks. There's going to be some great RB value in the front to middle of the 2nd round this year.

Will Portis really suck that bad this season? I can't imagine him being that bad IF he stays healthy. He's a young RB w/unbelievable talent.

Portis is one of the five most talented backs in the league. People seem to forget what a fantasy stud this guy is, and he's only going to be 26. People want to talk Betts up, but if you look at the numbers, Betts had 250 carries and only 4 touchdowns. Portis is the man. I hope people sleep on him. I'll take him.

Portis is one of the five most talented backs in the league. People seem to forget what a fantasy stud this guy is, and he's only going to be 26. People want to talk Betts up, but if you look at the numbers, Betts had 250 carries and only 4 touchdowns. Portis is the man. I hope people sleep on him. I'll take him.

Which 10 of the 17 regular season fantasy games will you start him in? :D