[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction drafters: who you targeting

BeeR

Well?

I think the days of owning Manning are over :D He will go too high this year. Ditto guys like LT and Gates. I might try bagging the "grab a few studs and fill the roster with $1 scrubs" thing and try a more balanced approach this time....

Mike Furrey will likely go lower than he should. The Lions will need to throw a lot, and the hype around Johnson and Williams will likely cause many to discount Furrey. I bet that he'll have a solid #2/3 fantasy receiver year, especially in a PPR league.

Mike Furrey will likely go lower than he should. The Lions will need to throw a lot, and the hype around Johnson and Williams will likely cause many to discount Furrey. I bet that he'll have a solid #2/3 fantasy receiver year, especially in a PPR league.

With Calvin J around? I doubt it. (If he can block even half-decent, they should make him the TE) People tend to chase the previous year, so while I'd take a chance for a buck, he will go for more I think.

Clinton Portis. People are sleeping on him the way they did with Deuce McCallister last year. Clinton Portis is way better than Duece, and Betts in my opinion, has nothing on him.

I like Portis but the Betts taking away carries thing is a concern....

With Calvin J around? I doubt it. (If he can block even half-decent, they should make him the TE) People tend to chase the previous year, so while I'd take a chance for a buck, he will go for more I think.

I like Portis but the Betts taking away carries thing is a concern....

Make sure you don't bid $100 on anyone.

ba-dum-tssh

He will go for a record price tho, I bet, in many leagues.

I guess DMD gave up on auctions, figured he woulda chimed in by now.

Too much for ya DMD? :D

Edited by BeeR

I don't really target players. Targeting players usually leads to overbidding.

I set bid limits for a group of players I like and give up bidding when the price goes over my limit.

In the past I have gone after a top $ stud RB with the confidence of being able to find good WR's on the cheap later on... but this year there seems to be so many decent tier 2 RB's that I think I will let someone else spend the big bucks for LT, LJ, etc., and I'll spread the wealth a lot more evenly than I have in the past.

That said, I would be targeting guys like Henry, Jones, and McGahee.

I don't really target players. Targeting players usually leads to overbidding.

I set bid limits for a group of players I like and give up bidding when the price goes over my limit.

er "a group of players" sure sounds like targeting to me.

Of course you give up bidding when the price goes over your limit; "targeting" doesn't mean "buy no matter what."

In the past I have gone after a top $ stud RB with the confidence of being able to find good WR's on the cheap later on... but this year there seems to be so many decent tier 2 RB's that I think I will let someone else spend the big bucks for LT, LJ, etc., and I'll spread the wealth a lot more evenly than I have in the past.

That said, I would be targeting guys like Henry, Jones, and McGahee.

Yeah that's what I'm leaning to also.

I also like Henry, but no so much the other 2.

er "a group of players" sure sounds like targeting to me.

Of course you give up bidding when the price goes over your limit; "targeting" doesn't mean "buy no matter what."

What would you like me to say?

I'm targeting two of the following for RB; Bush/Maroney/Addai/LT/LJ/SJax/MJD/Gore/Peterson/Lynch/Henry/Rudi/SA at any price lower than my preset limits for each inidividual player.

It sounds like I'm not targeting any one back in particular, but in fact, targeting the best deal out of a group of players that I like.

As for targeting not being buying no matter what? There is ALWAYS one or two idiots that spend a huge wad on LJ/SA or whoever the top back(s) are. Those guys are most definitely targeting players and buying them no matter what.