[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore

broncosn05

Just for S&Gs, but does anyone remember the talk after 4-5 weeks into last season that LT may be slowing down, lost a step and the wear and tear has probably started getting the best of him?

:D

If I'm the Chargers, I use Turner next year whenever possible. Keep LT off the field if the game is safely in hand. Keep LT fresh and healthy.

This more than anything in my mind keeps him fresher for 2008. I don't know, but I agree than you could see touches and yardage on the ground go down for LT this year, but you could see an increase in the passing game with Turner pounding away at the middle.

It will be a scary offense and fun to watch. I can't wait! :tup::D

I actually forgot about this... Wow... We may have been a bit off...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Frank will do as good or better this year than last. He's lost a few pounds during the offseason because he wants to improve his breakaway speed. Even as a homer, I would still say he's 3 or 4.

Last year when I went on the boards here and made predictions telling everyone to take him, I had a few flames sent my way that I was an impartial homer :D That may be true but for most that took him in rounds 4-12 he was a steal especially in keeper leagues. This year he'll get all the goal-line carries and with less fumbles that should mean more fantasy points with a similar number of touches. I don't think he needs to drastically up his workload to improve his numbers.

I think Frank will do as good or better this year than last. He's lost a few pounds during the offseason because he wants to improve his breakaway speed. Even as a homer, I would still say he's 3 or 4.

Last year when I went on the boards here and made predictions telling everyone to take him, I had a few flames sent my way that I was an impartial homer :D That may be true but for most that took him in rounds 4-12 he was a steal especially in keeper leagues. This year he'll get all the goal-line carries and with less fumbles that should mean more fantasy points with a similar number of touches. I don't think he needs to drastically up his workload to improve his numbers.

Are you saying you weren't am impartial homer (not that there's anything wrong with that)? :D

For some time last year he wasn't the starter and had injury concerns. This is what DMD said last year.

"The 49ers under new HC Mike Nolan selected Frank Gore with their 3.01 pick last year. Gore had been a freshman sensation before tearing his ACL in his second year and then re-injured his knee just five games into the season during his junior year, so his fall in the draft was expected and the 49ers took an educated risk in the hopes that Gore could return to form and remain healthy.

Gore did miss two games with a hip flexor and underwent shoulder surgery early in the offseason to correct a nagging problem but he is expected to be healthy for the start of training camp. Gore ended the season impressively with a two touchdown game against the Rams and then gained 108 yards on 25 carries against the Texans. Both were wins but then again, it was against the Rams and Texans.

Ok, I'm a 9er homer, but with FF I try to stay impartial because I want to win, not fill my team with red and gold players. Plus, its been tough the last few years and all we had to remmember was the 5 trophies from teams long gone.

I think your quote was from before the season started and before Barlow was Jettisoned. Nolan likes to make his players earn it and he was just challenging Frank prior to the season to take the role as starter, not just give it to him. Nolan and Frank are tight and its been documented that after games Frank calls Nolan for private input and advice.

I don't see M. Robinson taking goal line carries from Frank this year, so that alone should net him better numbers. If Gore goes down, so does the niners so his health is always a concern.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Decided to make this a thread off the heels of the Breakout/Bust thread....

As some of you know I am HUGH supporter of Frank Gore. With reading some posts in the thread I'd like to put out my opinion. Gore will be either 1 or 2 in fantasy football next year. Gore exploded last year, but I like him to well exceed those stats. With Jackson and Hill added to a weak WR corp and a healthy Vernon Davis the offense should be much improved. This means no more 8 in the box against Gore, not that the NFC West could stop him. The additions of Willis and Clements should also definetely help the offense which had the second least plays in the NFL last year. The O line also remains strong with its only weakness being center. (Gore= 312 carries 61 receptions)

With those two running into some questionable situations I've got Gore at 1.51 behind LT.

Who's with me?

-piratesownninjas (after LT)

:D #24 RB 88th overall.

24. 88. Gore, Frank SFO RB 98.9 14.6 22.5 7.1 15.1 10.5 B 14.1 5.1 9.9 broncosn05,

Decided to make this a thread off the heels of the Breakout/Bust thread....

As some of you know I am HUGH supporter of Frank Gore. With reading some posts in the thread I'd like to put out my opinion. Gore will be either 1 or 2 in fantasy football next year. Gore exploded last year, but I like him to well exceed those stats. With Jackson and Hill added to a weak WR corp and a healthy Vernon Davis the offense should be much improved. This means no more 8 in the box against Gore, not that the NFC West could stop him. The additions of Willis and Clements should also definetely help the offense which had the second least plays in the NFL last year. The O line also remains strong with its only weakness being center. (Gore= 312 carries 61 receptions)

You don't hold Michael Turner to pretty much make him a FA next year for him to sit on the bench. And even though Norv Turner is a coach that usually uses one back, a point I made FOR Gore last year, I expect Turner to get another 40 carries that he didn't get last year., even if it is just part of the season to resume trade talks. This brings LT down a bit but you know the TDs will be there so I have he and Gore battling it out for the 1 spot. (SD= 11th in plays) (LT= 348 carries 56 receptions)

In STL you have a much different scenario. Brian Leonard was RB before the Rutgers got Rice. He's not really a great blocker, lost a lot of weight before the combine, and ran a 4.49 at the combine. SJax owners HAVE to be scared about this kid and his potential as a goaline back. (STL=3rd in plays) (SJax= 346 carries 90 receptions)

With those two running into some questionable situations I've got Gore at 1.51 behind LT.

Who's with me?

-piratesownninjas (after LT)

Will Alex Smith still be under center?

I cannot believe I started him over Maurice Morris today. I haven't started Gore for a few weeks now, but I bought into the whole "great matchup" hype this week. When it comes to the 49ers, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GREAT MATCHUP!!!!!

Not true. The 49ers offer a great matchup for opposing team DEF. Oh, you meant their offense??? :D

Did Shell & his Bed & Breakfast guy morph into Nolan & Hostler?

Nolan & Hostler have managed to completely ruin what, from last year, looked to be a burgeoning offense. Simply amazes me how the entire team, on both sides of the ball, has regressed so badly from 2006.

:D I have to believe that anyone who drafted Gore as their first rounder is out of playoff contention, like I am.

The 49ers blow hard.

The owner that drafted Gore in my local is 6-5 1 game out of his division and currently sitting in the last wild card spot. Two weeks left on the season and he controls his own destiny.

Could this be a good argument for the Norv Turner great OC crappy HC position. The only thing different in SF, from what I can tell, is that Norv is gone.

On the flip side, the biggest new difference for the Chargers is that Norv is their HC.

:D:D:wacko:

:D

My team with Gore will be 8-3 after tonight thanks to a good overall draft. I thought he was a steal at 1.05.

Took LJ at 1.05 in another league. Thought the same thing.

Addai went at 1.06 in both. :D

I wonder which year I'm finally gonna learn to follow my instincts in the 1st round? I liked Gore, but wasn't into LJ.

At least I didn't fall for Alexander.

:D I have to believe that anyone who drafted Gore as their first rounder is out of playoff contention, like I am.

The 49ers blow hard.

I'm 7-3 tied for 1st in my conference. If it wasnt for Lynch and Gran recently, I would be much worse. I lost 1 game by less than 10 pts.

I have Gore (keeper from last year)

T.Jones

Grant

Lynch

Norwood