[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hickory DICKory Dockery...

Even if it was your wife or sister who needed the income?

Screw that guy, what a doooosh.

I understand the point Pope but let's face reality here. She walked into a situation where the company she was working for was run by an ex-jock. There were all men working there...she was the only woman (makes you wonder why they even hired her if they planned on acting this way; their dumb move, agreed).

Theirs was a locker-room atmosphere long before she filed this complaint. If she saw early on that this is the way things were, why not leave/file the complaint then? She could have gotten another job. Bottom line, she walked into a situation thinking she would change the atmosphere. When she could not, she decided to stick around until she could sue for her big pay day.

I do not condone their behavior, but I also do not believe she should have stayed on this long.

Edited by The Wolf

Even if it was your wife or sister who needed the income?

Screw that guy, what a doooosh.

I see both sides, I guess. The guy was a scumbag to treat a female employee like that and someone ought to take him in the back alley & beat some sense into him. On the other hand, there are plenty of jobs in the world - if she's not comfortable working in that environment why not leave & go somewhere else? To put up with that crap for so long and then suddenly have the "straw that broke the camel's back" occur puts some of the onus on her.

From the company website.

Founded by current President & CEO John Dockery in 1988, Cambridge is a leading service provider to an elite group of clients in the banking, finance, insurance, legal and entertainment industries. From back-office support operations to large campus mail and distributions systems, our clients experience a level of service unparalleled in the industry.

Prior to founding Cambridge, John enjoyed a successful professional football career including membership in the NY Jets Superbowl III team. Brooklyn born and Harvard educated, John remains active in network sportscasting and is an active supporter of several charitable organizations.

Cambridge believes that all employees, from foot messengers and clerical personnel through account managers and company executives, be treated with respect and paid a livable wage. All Cambridge employees receive a full range of company provided benefits, including heath care and annual paid vacation. As a result we can provide our clients with consistent service by experiencing the lowest turnover rate in the industry.

When Cambridge begins servicing a new client, we take the "fear of change" out of the equation by providing a seamless transition from in-house operations. Because of our competitive wage and benefits package, key employees often choose to remain in their current positions and become Cambridge employees. Open position are easily filled by experienced Cambridge employees.

I understand the point Pope but let's face reality here. She walked into a situation where the company she was working for was run by an ex-jock. There were all men working there...she was the only woman (makes you wonder why they even hired her if they planned on acting this way; their dumb move, agreed).

Theirs was a locker-room atmosphere long before she filed this complaint. If she saw early on that this is the way things were, why not leave/file the complaint then? She could have gotten another job. Bottom line, she walked into a situation thinking she would change the atmosphere. When she could not, she decided to stick around until she could sue for her big pay day.

I do not condone their behavior, but I also do not believe she should have stayed on this long.

Well, the whole 'time spent there' is a weak argument. Maybe she had few options and thought she could put up with it, or make it clear over time that behavior isn't tolerated. It didn't work, so she's filed.

And in the end, deespite all strong opinions to the contrary this is something that should be watched in court to see all the facts, many of which I am sure are missing from this brief article.

I wonder how many of the "she should go find another job" crowd have had to look for jobs recently?

Bottom line is, if they were doing this to her and she left without doing ANYTHING then that's worse than staying because this is a serious matter and stopping it under any legal means is the proper thing to do so and if it wasn't her it would have been someone else eventually.

I'd like to hear female opinions on this, instead of a buncha guys saying "oh boys will be boys" - that right there is part of the problem.

Edited by Pope Flick