[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Experts Draft Results - PPR League

ericthemidget

I have Maroney in a keeper and if there's one thing I know.....NE runs RBBC......I am still thinking about keeping him, but I'll put RB's ahead of him that see more primary carries...

Where do you come up with this crap? Have you watched NE at anytime other than last year?

Since 2001 here are the leading rushers carries.

2001 Antowain Smith 287 carries (Marc Edwards 51 carries)

2002 Antowain Smith 252 carries (Kevin Faulk 52 carries)

2004 Corey Dillon 345 carries (Kevin Faulk 54 carries)

2005 Corey Dillon 209 carries (Patrick Pass 54 carries)

In 2003 Antowain Smith sucked so much ass that they had to let Faulk run more.

In 2005 Dillon played in 12 games other wise he would have been around 275.

In 2006 they drafted Dillon's replacement.

In 2007 you really think Sammy Morris will be a threat?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you come up with this crap? Have you watched NE at anytime other than last year?

Since 2001 here are the leading rushers carries.

2001 Antowain Smith 287 carries (Marc Edwards 51 carries)

2002 Antowain Smith 252 carries (Kevin Faulk 52 carries)

2004 Corey Dillon 345 carries (Kevin Faulk 54 carries)

2005 Corey Dillon 209 carries (Patrick Pass 54 carries)

In 2003 Antowain Smith sucked so much ass that they had to let Faulk run more.

In 2005 Dillon played in 12 games other wise he would have been around 275.

In 2006 they drafted Dillon's replacement.

In 2007 you really think Sammy Morris will be a threat?

What your review does not include is the total number of RBs that NE uses every year. For instance, in 2006 there were 5 different running backs used by the Patriots.

Here is the breakdown of the primary back for the year and the percentages that he had of total RB carries and total RB touches:

year Name %car %touch

2006 Dillon 46% 41%

2005 Dillon 53% 48%

2004 Dillon 73% 66%

2003 Smith 44% 39%

2002 Smith 73% 65%

2001 Smith 69% 60%

Two of the six years had the primary backs beyond the 70% mark that I consider RBBC threshhold. Adding in touches brings them back down to a sharing level IMO. That is not to say that Marony will not be a heavy use back this year with that magic 73% which seems to be the upper threshhold for NE backs, but adding in catches apparently always shows a greater use of non-primary backs in NE and above all - this is if Maroney stays healthy all year.

What your review does not include is the total number of RBs that NE uses every year. For instance, in 2006 there were 5 different running backs used by the Patriots.

Here is the breakdown of the primary back for the year and the percentages that he had of total RB carries and total RB touches:

year Name %car %touch

2006 Dillon 46% 41%

2005 Dillon 53% 48%

2004 Dillon 73% 66%

2003 Smith 44% 39%

2002 Smith 73% 65%

2001 Smith 69% 60%

Two of the six years had the primary backs beyond the 70% mark that I consider RBBC threshhold. Adding in touches brings them back down to a sharing level IMO. That is not to say that Marony will not be a heavy use back this year with that magic 73% which seems to be the upper threshhold for NE backs, but adding in catches apparently always shows a greater use of non-primary backs in NE and above all - this is if Maroney stays healthy all year.

2003-Antowain Smith was in a RBBC because he was not effective. He averaged 3.5 YPC. He shared the load with Kevin Faulk because he was not talented enough.

2005-Corey Dillon only played in 11 games (He suited up vs. Miami but did not play a down). If you averaged out his carries per game for 16 games it would be 304. 304 would equal RBBC?

2006-They draft Dillon's replacement in Maroney so of course there is going to be a split. But now Dillon is gone so why would Maroney not get every chance that Dillon and Smith had to be the man?

2003-Antowain Smith was in a RBBC because he was not effective. He averaged 3.5 YPC. He shared the load with Kevin Faulk because he was not talented enough.

2005-Corey Dillon only played in 11 games (He suited up vs. Miami but did not play a down). If you averaged out his carries per game for 16 games it would be 304. 304 would equal RBBC?

2006-They draft Dillon's replacement in Maroney so of course there is going to be a split. But now Dillon is gone so why would Maroney not get every chance that Dillon and Smith had to be the man?

Factoring in all touches, Dillon in his best season in NE never had more than 66% of the touches. And you illustrate my main point when you said how Dillon only played 11 games including suiting up one week and not playing. How will you know whether to play Maroney when he is on the injury report and even suits up for a game? And he will be on the injury report.

Factoring in all touches, Dillon in his best season in NE never had more than 66% of the touches. And you illustrate my main point when you said how Dillon only played 11 games including suiting up one week and not playing. How will you know whether to play Maroney when he is on the injury report and even suits up for a game? And he will be on the injury report.

In 2004 Dillon only had 15 receptions

In 2006 Maroney had 22 receptions

So in Dillon's best season he had less receptions than Maroney had splitting time in 14 games. Maroney is much more adept at catching the ball. Am I saying he is going to do a SJax or Westbrook with 70+ receptions, of course not. But I see no reason why he can not put up 40 receptions on a year to year basis.

And as for the injury report problem.

http://patriots.scout.com/2/642979.html

The new rules should help the problem. Will Belichick try his best to keep everyone in the dark. Sure, but access to assistant coaches will help. Under the new rules, teams must include in the daily injury reports on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday whether a player missed practice, took part in only a portion of practice or fully participated in practice. The participation listing comes in addition to the increments of playing possibility.

In 2004 Dillon only had 15 receptions

In 2006 Maroney had 22 receptions

So in Dillon's best season he had less receptions than Maroney had splitting time in 14 games. Maroney is much more adept at catching the ball. Am I saying he is going to do a SJax or Westbrook with 70+ receptions, of course not. But I see no reason why he can not put up 40 receptions on a year to year basis.

And as for the injury report problem.

http://patriots.scout.com/2/642979.html

The new rules should help the problem. Will Belichick try his best to keep everyone in the dark. Sure, but access to assistant coaches will help. Under the new rules, teams must include in the daily injury reports on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday whether a player missed practice, took part in only a portion of practice or fully participated in practice. The participation listing comes in addition to the increments of playing possibility.

I am sure that the assistants are going to be told to be forthcoming to the media and that the incremental practice reports will never be manipulated. :D

Believe what you want but a tiger doesn't change his stripes. I would bet this does not change a thing. They already have to report if a player participated in team drills and that did nothing to change Belichick. It like a guy opening his jacket and saying "here - they really are Rolexes this time. Honest. Would I lie to you?"

Trust him all you want but that's a glass of Kool-Aid I am not going to willingly touch. There are ways around everything and BB perfected most of them. Once again - have at. Rely on the injury info for Maroney and more power to you.

I am sure that the assistants are going to be told to be forthcoming to the media and that the incremental practice reports will never be manipulated. :D

Believe what you want but a tiger doesn't change his stripes. I would bet this does not change a thing. They already have to report if a player participated in team drills and that did nothing to change Belichick. It like a guy opening his jacket and saying "here - they really are Rolexes this time. Honest. Would I lie to you?"

Trust him all you want but that's a glass of Kool-Aid I am not going to willingly touch. There are ways around everything and BB perfected most of them. Once again - have at. Rely on the injury info for Maroney and more power to you.

I guess you missed this part where I actually agreed with you.

"The new rules should help the problem. Will Belichick try his best to keep everyone in the dark. Sure"

The Pats are not the only team that makes a travesty of the injury report. And the only time you would have made a mistake on a start was in 2005 vs. Miami. Other than that one instance you would have had plenty of information by gametime on whether said player was starting. I have had Dillon for several seasons in multiple leagues and was only burned that one time. Does it make it a pain in the ass because you have to worry all week. Absolutely. Just not enough to keep me from taking a player.

With that I will leave you alone on the subject. At least until training camp. :D

The Huddle was in this one. Is for GURU Magazine.

Wow. Shaun Alexander down to seven. Understandable with the PPR, but I think Addai is living off that end of year run. Not sure we see production worthy of this high a pick. I'll still take Westbrook over him in a PPR.

Round One

1.02 1. Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Wed May 16 12:32:54 p.m. ET 2007

1.02 2. KFFL Johnson, Larry KCC RB Wed May 16 1:02:14 p.m. ET 2007

1.03 3. Fanball Jackson, Steven STL RB Wed May 16 1:02:23 p.m. ET 2007

1.04 4. CBS Gore, Frank SFO RB Wed May 16 1:02:38 p.m. ET 2007

1.05 5. FootballDiehards.com Addai, Joseph IND RB Wed May 16 1:03:08 p.m. ET 2007

1.06 6. Fantasy Index Bush, Reggie NOS RB Wed May 16 1:03:39 p.m. ET 2007

1.07 7. The Huddle Alexander, Shaun SEA RB Wed May 16 1:03:39 p.m. ET 2007

1.08 8. Footballinjuries.com Westbrook, Brian PHI RB Wed May 16 1:04:56 p.m. ET 2007

1.09 9. Yahoo! Sports Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Wed May 16 1:05:31 p.m. ET 2007

1.10 10. FantasyGuru.com Henry, Travis DEN RB Wed May 16 1:06:01 p.m. ET 2007

1.11 11. Fantasy Sports Magazine Parker, Willie PIT RB Wed May 16 1:06:11 p.m. ET 2007

1.12 12. Foxsports Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

Link to all results at http://fantasymojo.com

Looks like a colorized version of this draft is available now. Much easier to read and see where the position runs are happening.