[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Area Eateries

Jimmy Neutron

Brio - italian tuscany-style place that was great. Appetizers to dessert was awesome.

Kirby's - supposedly one of the better steak houses in the area - was good, but not what I expected/hoped for.

Sneaky Pete's - kind of a local version of Hooters - food was OK burger/sammich menu - scenery was better. :D

Brio-is that the one in Southlake? We haven't been up there, glad to hear it was good.

Kirby's-Not in my top 10 of steak houses in Dallas

Sneaky Pete's-Right on Lake Lewisville, typical lakeside bar & grille. Haven't been there in years, but, as with most lakeside places, there are usually hotties galore.

I'll be heading down there in Nov. for a game so any other suggestions would be great...

Al Biernat's, Nick & Sams, III Forks (that's 3 Forks), Papa's Bro's....all fine choices. Bob's is good too, I'm just not a fan of the carrot.

Al Biernat's, Nick & Sams, III Forks (that's 3 Forks), Papa's Bro's....all fine choices. Bob's is good too, I'm just not a fan of the carrot.

thanks, what about places to hang out and grab a few(or more) beers. we'll be staying at the DFW Marriott, so not exactly in Dallas, but we'll be there for 5 days and making at least a couple trips into the actual city. A good place to watch college games on sat. is also on the wish list.

thanks, what about places to hang out and grab a few(or more) beers. we'll be staying at the DFW Marriott, so not exactly in Dallas, but we'll be there for 5 days and making at least a couple trips into the actual city. A good place to watch college games on sat. is also on the wish list.

great bar, restaurant and, er, scenery, is Cool River in Las Colinas. It's higher end and so is the, er, scenery.

Champps is a good sportsbar up on 114 in Irving and should have most of the games on. In north Arlington you could try Humperdinks, Ker's Wing House or No Frills. All should carry the games.

Dallas is pretty spread out so good luck with that, I'm sure some if the locals could offer up a few places. We hung out in some area downtown but I'm drawing a blank on it. There were about 4 or 5 bars all in a row.

Edit: It was Uptown and we spent quite a few hours at Thomas Avenue Beverage Company and Idle Rich Pub.

Edited by twiley

New place Glass Cactus on the shores of Lake Grapevine and really close to the airport. It's part of the Gaylord and trendy but I guess that could have worn off by November.

Inside the Gaylord complex is Texan Station-scroll down. It is a sports bar with 50+ flat screens.

A couple of my folks hit the Glass Cactus on most nights and really liked it. :D

I much prefer seeing a band even a crappy one if I'm going to bother to go out. I'm not much of the sports bar type, but shoot me a PM and let me know what kind of $hit you want to do and I might be able to give you an idea. Wonder if someone can find that thread we did a few years back. I'm lame now but I can probably point you in the right direction depending on what you are looking to do.

If I were staying at DFW I'd probably go here while the Rangers are out of town: http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/ballpark/...ican_grille.jsp just seems like it would be cool to there while the stadium was pretty much empty.