[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Division Battles 2007

PantherDave

:D

Are you really saying that one great season by Brees and Colston equal the plethera of seasons put together by Manning and Harrison?

I think you can argue that Brees + Colston + Henderson + Bush + McAllister probably has a fair shot at being as good as Manning + Harrison + Addai + Wayne.

By the way unless the Seahawks have a very favorable schedule I just have a sour feeling about them this year.

I really dislike Jackson's chances for putting up good numbers in Seattle.

Not historically no! Right now it is hard to argue that the Saints arent on par with the Colts.

You point out a great season by Brees and Colston but lets not forget they also have a couple of guys in the backfield who are putting up some pretty stellar stats.

Add to that a TE that can actually catch the ball, a rookie rec that should be interesting if nothing else and an offensive scheme that seems to have the NFL def's on there toes.

Not sure you can really argue that the Saints arent an offensive powerhouse on the level of the Colts :D .

I'm still waiting for the argument that they are.

Yeah I think he'll have a real down year as well. I think SA's best years are behind him and it will negatively impact the WRs.

If only they'd just trade him to an up and coming team like the 49ers, then he would have some decent value. Well's here's hoping, you never know what might happen.

I know for one brief second you thought I didn't know my sh!t and then bang. :D

Edited by irish

At this point in time, I could be swayed by rational arguments that each NFL team could win its respective division in 2007.

The exceptions for this are the Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, and Oakland Raiders.

Here's a hint Irish - when you explain the joke, it isn't funny anymore.

Thanks for the hint but I'm well aware of that and really could care less about the joke. I was just simply letting you know I ain't slippin'. Oh and let's not forget that I never really explained the joke, rather I played off your joke continuing by making my own. Never did I say Jackson was traded to SF and therefore can't have a good year in Seattle. That would be esplaining the yoke. :D

Why, he play's there once this year, dosn't he?

:D

My bad...I was just thinking about the rosters from last year.

But speaking of Jackson, you can add SF to the offensive-ability mix...as well as Arizona.

I just have a funny feeling that the Saints players will disappoint some fantasy owners this year, based on their over-achievement last year. I'll definitely be letting someone else grab Brees a little early. And there has to be a reason Colston, after a huge rookie campaign, isn't even in many people's Top-10 (while both Colt WRs continue to occupy that space, BTW).

The concensus fanasy rankings...Indy's QB, RB, and BOTH WRs are all Top-10. The Saints QB is there, but no one else. Should tell you all you need to know what the "experts" believe when comparing the two sqauds...someone, on paper, certainly appears more explosive, by a wide margin.

NFC E - Cowboys win Division, Eagles are Wildcard

NFC N - Bears win Division

NFC S - Saints win Division

NFC W - Seahawks win Division, 49'ers are Wildcard

AFC E - Patriots win Division

AFC N - Ravens win Division, Bengals are Wildcard

AFC S - Colts win Division

AFC W - Chargers win Division, Broncos are Wildcard

Chargers over Saints in the Super Bowl

I'm not really going out on any major limbs here, but, this is how I see it right now. I'm sticking with an interesting trend here. When a team has a phenomenal regular season, they win it the next season. Colts were 14-2 in 2005, but, won it in 2006. The Steelers were 15-1 in 2004, but, won it in 2005. The Patriots had the best record in 2003 at 14-2 and won it in 2004 (though they also won in 2003) I'll look for the Chargers to continue that new trend.

....and yes, as of now, for the first time in a long time, I don't have the Steelers in the playoffs. I think they are talented, but, with the change in coaching staff, I look for a transition year. I expect a 10-6 team or two to not make the AFC playoffs, and the Steelers might be one of them.

Edited by Menudo

Tampa still looks to have O'line problems & the WR situation is no better then last year.

I don't see how they still have O-Line problems but whatever. I agree with you on the WR aspect of them though, however a veteren QB will usually make them better.

NFC E - Cowboys win Division, Eagles are Wildcard

NFC N - Bears win Division

NFC S - Saints win Division

NFC W - Seahawks win Division, 49'ers are Wildcard

AFC E - Patriots win Division

AFC N - Ravens win Division, Bengals are Wildcard

AFC S - Colts win Division

AFC W - Chargers win Division, Broncos are Wildcard

Recent history shows this is virtually impossible.

I'm not knocking your picks b/c they certainly make sense but recently about half the teams that make the playoffs one year, have missed the next.

I can see the Bears, Chargers, Boys, and Ravens missing this year. SD/Boys... almost entirely new coaching crews. Bears... glaring consistency issues at QB and an insistence upon allowing some key FAs either holdout or leave. Ravens... the injury bug killed them 2 years ago on D and McNair is getting up there (I don't think any Ravens fan cares to see Boller start more than 3 games).

Next Homer with analysis please :D

NFCS-Carolina or NO(both go the PO)

NFCE-Dallas or Philly(This will be a dogfight-only one get's in the PO)

NFCW-Move over Seattle and enjoy the WC, Congrats on the Division Crown SF( both go to the PO)

NFCN-Well, the Bears Vikings win it by default....unless they implode and the 7-9 Pack takes the division?(only one from the N)

You asked for a homers analysis...

Edited by Outshined