[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis defends Vick

slovak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton Portis is an idiot. When's the last time he did anything significant in the NFL? Back when he was in Denver? Expect him to be in the same boat as both Vick and McGahee. All of those fools will be out of the league before too long.

When he was told that being involved in dog fighting was a felony, Portis said, "It can't be too bad of a crime."

Fcking stupid steroid-abusing neanderthal...kiss those endorsement dollars goodbye fool.

Edited by Crazysight

Clinton Portis is an idiot. When's the last time he did anything significant in the NFL? Back when he was in Denver? Expect him to be in the same boat as both Vick and McGahee. All of those fools will be out of the league before too long.

When he was told that being involved in dog fighting was a felony, Portis said, "It can't be too bad of a crime."

Fcking stupid steroid-abusing neanderthal...kiss those endorsement dollars goodbye fool.

2005. It would have been 2006 if he was healthy.

What has McGahee or Portis done that would get them out of the league? Sure, his comments on dog fighting were not well thought out, but it doesnt make him a criminal.

Sterioids? Where are you pulling this from?

While we're at it, im going to say McNabb smokes crack, Peyton Manning uses speed to stay up and study opposing defenses, and LaDainian Tomlinson is a thief for stealing super mans powers... What jerks...

2005. It would have been 2006 if he was healthy.

What has McGahee or Portis done that would get them out of the league? Sure, his comments on dog fighting were not well thought out, but it doesnt make him a criminal.

Sterioids? Where are you pulling this from?

While we're at it, im going to say McNabb smokes crack, Peyton Manning uses speed to stay up and study opposing defenses, and LaDainian Tomlinson is a thief for stealing supermans powers... What jerks...

+1

Steroids? Whoa, where'd this come from? Never been a big Superman fan. Batman rocks - although in a fight, I'd have to say that Superman wins. He's not even of this planet... :D

Portis came off looking very shallow and basically silly ...bad move on his part ....I know one thing my fantasy football teams next year will not have any nfl dog fighting proponents on the roster ...shoot I hope tomlinson is not into this sick sport as I may have to then reconsider ...lol

They will be out of the league because players who are idiots in this way don't last very long. Stupid = lack of true professional ability = lack of acceptable performance = out of the league before too long once people wake up to the fact that they aren't what they've been advertised to be.

Both Mcgay and Portis came into the league as apparent future superstars based on little more than their raw physical ability. You need more than that to really shine in the pros. Portis was lucky to benefit from the running game in Denver at the beginning of his career, but he and McGay are both overrated fools who both basically suck. Such people don't have the brilliance to display true excellence at the professional level of competition, and you can expect their abilities and luster to decline with time rather than improve as it does with the real-deal superstars. They'll both be yesterdays news before too long...kind of like how Jamal Lewis is just about there himself, and Ricky Williams is.

If you don't believe me, than go ahead and pick them both up in a dynasty league and have fun watching it sink to the absolute bottom.

The steroids bit is unsubstantiated and I essentially pulled it out of my backside, although he looks, talks and acts the part to a tee. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, than there's a good chance that it's a duck.

Edited by Crazysight

I'm going to break with normal practice here and avowedly pray that both Vick and Portis have extremely painful, career-ending, permanently crippling injuries in Game One this year.

I fart in their general direction.

I expect his agent will have something for Portis to read to the press tomorrow.

Didn't even take that long. Released last night:

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner," the statement said.

:D

What a bunch of idiots they are. Was Samuels stoned during the interview or something?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...ex.html?cnn=yes

They will be out of the league because players who are idiots in this way don't last very long. Stupid = lack of true professional ability = lack of acceptable performance = out of the league before too long once people wake up to the fact that they aren't what they've been advertised to be.

Both Mcgay and Portis came into the league as apparent future superstars based on little more than their raw physical ability. You need more than that to really shine in the pros. Portis was lucky to benefit from the running game in Denver at the beginning of his career, but he and McGay are both overrated fools who both basically suck. Such people don't have the brilliance to display true excellence at the professional level of competition, and you can expect their abilities and luster to decline with time rather than improve as it does with the real-deal superstars. They'll both be yesterdays news before too long...kind of like how Jamal Lewis is just about there himself, and Ricky Williams is.

If you don't believe me, than go ahead and pick them both up in a dynasty league and have fun watching it sink to the absolute bottom.

The steroids bit is unsubstantiated and I essentially pulled it out of my backside, although he looks, talks and acts the part to a tee. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, than there's a good chance that it's a duck.

Vince Young had to retake his wonderlic.

Frank Gore scored a six. There is a large percentage of players who are not smart. Plenty of players in the NFL took basic courses in college, had daily tutors and still struggled to pass. Im sure a lot of people would call them idiots.

What you're doing is attacking someones intellect because there opinion differs from yours. Yes, dog fighting is a horrible thing, but just because someone doesnt view it as that big of a deal doesnt make them an idiot. Horse racing is horrible for the horses. Around the age of four they're crazy and beat down, and unless they're going to stud they're usually put down. Does this make horse racing fans idiots? No.

Good job on calling someone an idiot and then putting up McGay? Are you 12 years old, or a fan Ann Coulter?

:D So Portis benefited from the broncos O line in 05 as well? You can dislike Portis, but to say he sucks is assinine. Portis has never been in trouble with the league or the law. He might not be the smartest player in the league, but he's still a damned good player.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Frank Gore scored a six. There is a large percentage of players who are not smart. Plenty of players in the NFL took basic courses in college, had daily tutors and still struggled to pass. Im sure a lot of people would call them idiots.

What you're doing is attacking someones intellect because there opinion differs from yours. Yes, dog fighting is a horrible thing, but just because someone doesnt view it as that big of a deal doesnt make them an idiot. Horse racing is horrible for the horses. Around the age of four they're crazy and beat down, and unless they're going to stud they're usually put down. Does this make horse racing fans idiots? No.

Good job on calling someone an idiot and then putting up McGay? Are you 12 years old, or a fan Ann Coulter?

:D So Portis benefited from the broncos O line in 05 as well? You can dislike Portis, but to say he sucks is assinine. Portis has never been in trouble with the league or the law. He might not be the smartest player in the league, but he's still a damned good player.

Well written. +1

i think you're confusing intellectual aptitude and being an idiot. Portis was being an idiot. I would even go as far as to say he is an idiot until i see evidence that proves otherwise.

There are certainly different levels of treating animals inhumanely and one could argue that horse racing is inhumane. However, i do not think it compares to dog fighting where the purpose of the event is for people to get off on dogs attacking each other and will invariably result in animals getting hurt.

i think you're confusing intellectual aptitude and being an idiot. Portis was being an idiot. I would even go as far as to say he is an idiot until i see evidence that proves otherwise.

There are certainly different levels of treating animals inhumanely and one could argue that horse racing is inhumane. However, i do not think it compares to dog fighting where the purpose of the event is for people to get off on dogs attacking each other and will invariably result in animals getting hurt.

You guys have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything. He grew up in a small town is Miss. He wasn't raised like you or myself. Here is a question for you though... If you have an ant crawling on you, do you calmley pick it up and rest him upon the ground, or do you kill him before he can sting you? If you killed the ant than you're just as bad as anyone who fights dogs. It was an animal and it was still alive right? Who are you to decide which life has more value?

You guys have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything. He grew up in a small town is Miss. He wasn't raised like you or myself. Here is a question for you though... If you have an ant crawling on you, do you calmley pick it up and rest him upon the ground, or do you kill him before he can sting you? If you killed the ant than you're just as bad as anyone who fights dogs. It was an animal and it was still alive right? Who are you to decide which life has more value?

human>dog>ant

HTH

P.S. An ant is an insect

Edited by The Next Generation

Killing an ant before you bite you is not the same as raising dogs to fight to the death.