[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Viking Linebacker Update

From FFMastermind

Greenway Feeling No Pain; Installed as Starter

AP reports there is no brace on Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway's left knee. He has no pain in the surgically repaired joint and no limp left over from the months of rehab after tearing the ACL in his knee in the first game of last year's preseason. In fact, as Greenway donned his helmet and practice jersey for the Vikings "organized team activities" this week, there are no signs he missed his entire rookie season. Greenway is back on the field with his teammates, hoping to put behind a depressing and frustrating first season in the NFL. "It's great to be back out here just running around and playing again," Greenway said Wednesday. "These first two (days) have really actually been pretty good considering I've been out for eight months." The Vikings are so confident that Greenway is fully recovered from an injury that has ended many a career that they have already put him in the starting lineup on the strong side. The linebacking corps also includes LB E.J. Henderson in the middle and LB Ben Leber on the weak side.

I do believe that it was a misprint that Ben Leber is on the weakside. He is much more physically suited to play SAM and Greenway was drafted to be the WIL

This seems to back-up my opinion:

Minneapolis Star-Tribune 5-22-07

Linebacker Chad Greenway, whose rookie season came to an end after one preseason game in 2006, worked with the first team at weak-side linebacker. E.J. Henderson has moved to the middle and Ben Leber remains on the strong side.

Edited by Stingers

Source: Associated Press, ESPN.com

Minnesota Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway is fully recovered from a torn ACL injury which was sustained during the 2006 preseason. He is currently listed as the team's starting weakside linebacker. "No real residual effects, it seems, from that surgery," defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said. "These first two days, he's been moving very well. Yesterday I talked to him after practice, there was no soreness, no pain. He feels real good. Hopefully we can continue to see that type of positive work throughout. But so far, so good."

the latest - sounds good for Greenway owners - if he can keep the momentum going