[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there any recent news on Kevin Jones?

Duchess Jack

Just curious. I've a couple people that have been looking to snag him from me - but the offers have been for a hurt RB who is all but done. I simply do not see him that way.

I've been saying this all along, and I'll continue to say it... Kevin Jones will be ready to go by training camp and will be the week 1 starter. He has a lot more talent than anyone else on the roster. Sure, Tatum Bell will get some touches, but not nearly as many people think. Mike Martz loves him, and will continue to use him a lot. As a Packers fan, I'm the most scared of the Lions offense this year. I think they'll be nasty.

I've been saying this all along, and I'll continue to say it... Kevin Jones will be ready to go by training camp and will be the week 1 starter. He has a lot more talent than anyone else on the roster. Sure, Tatum Bell will get some touches, but not nearly as many people think. Mike Martz loves him, and will continue to use him a lot. As a Packers fan, I'm the most scared of the Lions offense this year. I think they'll be nasty.

I'm not so sure. While I don't see him as being done it may take more time for him to get back to playing shape. I wouldn't even be surprised if he came back late 2007.

If he's ready to go by training camp, isnt that enough time for him to get back into shape?

This was a serious injury and the Lions estimated he'd be back mid season this year. Some thought he'd be out all of 2007. So far he is ahead of schedule and doing some cutting but RB's cut hard on their feet and he could heal quickly.

If he does well during TC he may be ready sure. It's possible.

This was a serious injury and the Lions estimated he'd be back mid season this year for training camp.

Correction: that was a reporter (Shefter) who said mid-season and refuted by another reporter (Kowalski) the same week.

It did not come from a team source. Millen has not said mid-season either.

The National Enquirer can report something and FF owners would believe it.

Correction: that was a reporter (Shefter) who said mid-season and refuted by another reporter (Kowalski) the same week.

It did not come from a team source. Millen has not said mid-season either.

The National Enquirer can report something and FF owners would believe it.

The Enquirer said Jones wouldn't be back until midseason and was having George Clooney's lovechild?

That's it, I'm moving him down my list. Injuries I can handle, but unwanted pregnancies? :D

The Enquirer said Jones wouldn't be back until midseason and was having George Clooney's lovechild?

That's it, I'm moving him down my list. Injuries I can handle, but unwanted pregnancies? :D

what if he could deliver on the bye-week?

I just read a couple more exceedingly positive reports out of Detroit yesterday. Consequently, I made the decision to keep Jones at LEAST until his value rebounds to where it should be. :D

I hope I did not make a mistake but I let him go for two 2nd's a few weeks back.

I just looked at how injury prone Jones has been so far in his young career and his current injury and figured now was a good time to part ways with him.

Not sure if I ever seen a RB hurt as much as Jones has been in his young career go on to be a very successful RB.

I hope I did not make a mistake but I let him go for two 2nd's a few weeks back.

I just looked at how injury prone Jones has been so far in his young career and his current injury and figured now was a good time to part ways with him.

Not sure if I ever seen a RB hurt as much as Jones has been in his young career go on to be a very successful RB.

as a lions fan, you cannot go wrong for dealing him for two second. Personally, I'd have held out for a first and second, but if you deal him, and he does well - you are hooked up in a homer sense. If you deal him he does not do well you are hooked up in a fantasy sense. if you don't deal him and he does well - well that kicks ass... but at the end of the day... is it that much better than Detroit winning? BUT if you don't do him and he does not do well... bad homer vibes, bad fantasy vibes. Well done

Have youforgotten Fragile Freddy. Fred Taylor. He was the ultimate risk/reward player.

Have youforgotten Fragile Freddy. Fred Taylor. He was the ultimate risk/reward player.

Garrison Hearst produced after injury as did Stephen Davis, Terry Allen, Westbrook, Edge to an extent and of course Marshall Faulk survived his imfamous ball cancer.

We read a lot of positive reports on Culpepper in training camp last year too. In practice he looked fully recovered.

Yeah, but Taylor had 2 1200 yard seasons in his 1st 3. Kevin Jones has never had a 1200 yard season and has had 2 straight years where he did not rush for 700 yards.

That being said..he is a good example.

Garrison Hearst produced after injury as did Stephen Davis, Terry Allen, Westbrook, Edge to an extent and of course Marshall Faulk survived his imfamous ball cancer.

Hearst did OK but really only had 1 outstanding season and then followed that up by missing his next 2 seasons.

Stephen Davis is another good example but he was in kinda different circumstances as you could of really got nothing for him until after his 4th year.

Terry Allen basically was injury free his 1st 5 seasons.after the injury bug hit him his 6th year he never was the same.

Westbrook is a special player IMO but even he has only had one 1000 yard season.he is also another guy that if I owned I would of already traded. but I would of gotten more for him than I got for Jones. I traded Jones while he is coming off of a serious surgury that could take him a while to get back from and that sunk his value.

Edge I cannot count here. he has had only 1 season where he got less than 277 carries not to mention was in a Colt offense for many of those years where the upside was unlimited.

I also cannot count Faulk as he had 7 1000 yard seasons in his 1st 8.

Most of these guys you 2 named are good examples and I understand where you guys are coming from. I just don't trust Kevin Jones and once I don't trust a player I try my best to get the best value I can for him and part ways.

I ended up getting Chris Henry and David Harris with the 2 picks I got for Jones so even if he does well if those guys can be decent for me in the future I will be happy.

I said it last year that I would NEVER take KJ again, but I reniged on myself and took him anyway and he exceeded expectations for a little while. I swear I will not get caught up in that brief bit of success and draft him again this year. Go away Kevin Jones, the temptation is too much to bear (or lion as the case may be).

I ended up getting Chris Henry and David Harris with the 2 picks I got for Jones so even if he does well if those guys can be decent for me in the future I will be happy.

Whoa -- I didn't realize you were talking about 2nd-rounders in a rookie draft. I don't think you got anywhere near fair value.

Classic case of selling low, which will kill your dynasty team over time.

and of course Marshall Faulk survived his imfamous ball cancer.

:D

I also cannot count Faulk as he had 7 1000 yard seasons in his 1st 8.

Whoa! Doc, you okay? That damn plane almost nailed you in that fly-by.

Is there recent news on Kevin Jones?

Yes.

He sucks.

Constantly underperforms

Is scared for his job.

He plays for Detroit.

Yuck...stay away.