[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More problems for Michael Prick... I mean Vick...

irish

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick's recent off-field incidents have led AirTran Airways to choose not to renew his contract as a "pitchman". "Michael's contract expired May 8, and we advised him then that we would not renew it," AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson said Thursday. Vick had been representing them since 2004.

I find it hard to believe a company like Air Tran wouldn't want a model citizen like Michael Vick representing their company. Everyone loves Vick, just ask him...

This one wasn't hard to see coming after Vick claimed a delayed Air Tran flight caused him to miss an appearance before Congress in Washington DC not long ago. Air Tran quickly responded they had multiple flights available and Vick chose not to use them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-v...ov=ap&type=lgns

With others follow?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like a huge loss. :D

So the company, to save profit, claims they had other flights open.

security screeners at the Miami airport stopped him from boarding an AirTran flight in January with a water bottle that turned out to have a hidden compartment. Vick said he used it to store jewelry, and police found no evidence of smuggled drugs.

Chris Henry to block please.

Never heard of AirTran

But why did I suddenly get the old OJ running thru the Airport image, but instead it's Vick with a Water Bottle being followed by Airport K9 Security.....

Now would be one great commerical.....

:D make it about 50 Pitbulls.

What are you talking about? :D

:D Im not saying that Harrington is not good. but this kind of stuff will eat up a team from the inside out and he is in a new system what are the odds that he will put good fantasy #'s ? just looking at the big picture..

Edited by soco

Never heard of AirTran

IIRC, they have a hub in Indy. Flew them to Florida a couple of times and wasn't really impressed with their rickety planes or the way that one of their pilots flew.

But why did I suddenly get the old OJ running thru the Airport image, but instead it's Vick with a Water Bottle being followed by Airport K9 Security.....

Now would be one great commerical.....

:D

Edited by Bill Swerski

IIRC, they have a hub in Indy. Flew them to Florida a couple of times and wasn't really impressed with their rickety planes or the way that one of their pilots flew.

:D

They are HQ'ed in Florida, but many of their flights are out of ATL.

They tout themselves as a discount carrier. They have newer aircraft, but below-average service.

They are HQ'ed in Florida, but many of their flights are out of ATL.

They tout themselves as a discount carrier. They have newer aircraft, but below-average service.

My bad. The older aircraft I'm thinking about were from ATA. I flew ATA from Midway to Orlando a few years ago and was convinced that the aircraft wouldn't hold up through the pilot's jerky style of flying.

And you're right about Air Tran's service not being that great. I took a red-eye express jet out of Indy that was over an hour late. Nothing like getting to the airport at 3 am and not taking off until 5:30.

Edited by Bill Swerski

What are you talking about? :D

:DIm not saying that Harrington is not good. but this kind of stuff will eat up a team from the inside out and he is in a new system what are the odds that he will put good fantasy #'s ? just looking at the big picture..

Just shooting from the hip here but I'm guessing that Randall was being a bit facetious. :tup:

Just shooting from the hip here but I'm guessing that Randall was being a bit facetious. :D

I kind of got that. just being alittle goofy by taking up for Harrington.. it's all in good fun :D

He Deserves to get suspended the whole year :D

I think the jail time due to the felony offense would take care of that on its own.

Why would an airline want Vick as a spokesman any way. They want to be associated with unreliability, and erratic flights often landing in the wrong location. What is their motto, "If we don't think we can get you there through the air, we will try to get you there on the ground."?

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Vick's Virginia home burlarized...

Vick's home burglarized, but dogfighting probe OK

ESPN.com news services

There have been no charges filed in the case of alleged dogfighting at Michael Vick's home in Virginia, but that doesn't mean that the home has quieted down.

According to a police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the home in Surry, Va., was broken into between May 7 and May 18 and a number of expensive items were removed.

"I don't think it has anything to do with possible evidence," Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said of the dogfighting investigation. "I think it was some feuding over the spoils."

Three plasma televisions, two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, a washer and dryer and a $17,000 leather sofa were taken from the Atlanta quarterback's home.

"Someone had attempted to break in the front window," the police report said. "The alarm was not working."

Whoever perpetrated the crime appeared to have entered through a rear window.

Poindexter indicated that the investigation of dogfighting at the property was not compromised. But he is still not close to filing charges.

"I don't have, to date, one investigative report," Poindexter told the newspaper. "I have nothing on my desk. I'm in touch with people who can assure me they can provide me the stuff. That's where we are."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

LOL, can you say "inside job" or "destroying evidence"? Who in the hell steals a wet/dry vac, floor buffers, or a washer and dryer?

Edited by Bill Swerski

Vick's Virginia home burlarized...

LOL, can you say "inside job" or "destroying evidence"? Who in the hell steals a wet/dry vac, floor buffers, or a washer and dryer?

You know I was just reading this and was going to add it to this thread but you beat me to it Swerski. Te first thing I thought about (if it wasn't an inside job) was good, I'm glad someone stole his sh!t. A thug like him being punked out by another thug- justice at it's best. :D

Well you are wrong about the suspension part...he will have to get something or Godell will look like an idiot

If they had a case they would've already brought some type of evidence other than the black figure with a Hulk voice making interviews.

Vick isn't going anywhere. No case. No jail. No suspension.

Such a homer you are. But I do like the optimism.

Well you are wrong about the suspension part...he will have to get something or Godell will look like an idiot

Agreed and I feel there will be a case but probably no jail time.