[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Made my first mole yesterday

Kid Cid

Not for the lazy man. One of those "took every pot in the kitchen and 2 hours to clean up" type recipes but the results were fantastic. I'll try and get the recipe up in a bit.

The paste freezes really well, so I often make a huge batch minus the chocolate and freeze most of it. Then I just add some of the paste to some shredded chicken, stock, and mexican chocolate to order for a quick meal.

That makes it much easier to eat often.

The paste freezes really well, so I often make a huge batch minus the chocolate and freeze most of it. Then I just add some of the paste to some shredded chicken, stock, and mexican chocolate to order for a quick meal.

That makes it much easier to eat often.

That's really good to know. Any reason to not include the chocolate?

That's really good to know. Any reason to not include the chocolate?

The only reason I don't include it is because it's always the last thing along with salt to taste that I add to my mole.

After I make my chili paste, my dry spice mixture, and wet aromatics paste, I fry the chili paste and add the other two before proceeding with stock, meat, and then finishing with chocolate and salt.

The most logical place to stop and put some aside is right before the stock.

Mind you, like other stews, freezing doesn't really do it a whole lot of harm so it's hardly the end of the world if you just make the whole thing (meat and all), cool it off and then freeze it in ziplocks.

• 15 years later...
  • 1 month later...