[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock 2 signups open

DMD

In a ten team league with knowledgeable drafters, all the teams looked pretty good. I am only grading how well the plan worked out and in your case, it worked good (:D but owning Hasselbeck as a QB in a 10 team league is not ideal.

Hey, it is all subjective and just based on what we know now - not what is going to happen in the season when players rise and fall.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a ten team league with knowledgeable drafters, all the teams looked pretty good. I am only grading how well the plan worked out and in your case, it worked good (:D but owning Hasselbeck as a QB in a 10 team league is not ideal.

Hey, it is all subjective and just based on what we know now - not what is going to happen in the season when players rise and fall.

Just having some fun, DMD. I've already packaged Hasselbeck and one of my deep group of RBs for a better QB. Title here I come!! Oh I can't forget I have that Rivers guy too. :D

I just want to say that I have never played in or drafted in a 10 team league. That said I thought I had a good draft and the only position that I saw as a weakness for my team is at WR, which I tried to make up for at the TE position :D I was trying to get someone that I believe will end up top 5 at each position and then go for potential to be top 10 or better.

Top 5

Palmer

LJ

Harrison

Winslow

BAL

That right there I felt put me as an elite team in this league.

Upper tier

TJ

S Moss (I fully expect him to rebound this season)

Could surprise

Lynch

Clayton

Jarrett

I feel these guys are good depth

McMichael

Delhomme

Chester Taylor

Denver D

Now like I said, I've never played in a 10 teamer but I felt I gained some experience as to what it would be like. I dont necessarily agree with some of DMD's ratings, but everyone has an opinion and he's most certainly been doing this a heck of a lot longer than I have, so I respect it and appreciate it as well.

It was fun fellas and to the guys who held us up a lot, mainly Scourge :D (just kidding) I dont ever want to be in drafts with you again :tup:

BTW - I agree wholeheartedly with DMD's evaluation of my team. High risk/high upside. I would have loved to have drafted a QB earlier, but guys with good value & great upside kept falling to me. By the time that had stopped the QB value was really irrelevant. So I decided to play QBBC with Favre, Garcia, & Roethlisberger. Between the 3 of them I ought to get a soft passing D almost every week, meaning the sum of my QBs is much greater than their actual individual value - and why I went Garcia late in the draft instead of a 2nd TE.

This would be the type of team that if the RBs pan out as 5 starters that I can swing a mid-season trade for an upgrade at QB if the QBBC doesn't pan out or for WR/TE help if I need it.

The thing that really bothered me about the draft was taking Crotchery a bit early - but again he's a good upside player and fit the tier for WRs that I picked him in, and screwing up the D/K drafting. I really like GB's D this coming season - they filled the right holes that were glaring in the center of the field both on the line & the secondary - and I like Crosby's upside as a K, especially with an O that doesn't have a dominant RB and a D that should be playing well - but I should have been playing K/D (and TE as well) so that they had different bye weeks and could be swapped out on the WW during bye weeks in the season with the loss of only one roster spot. I should have taken DEN's D with that in mind.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I would have taken Norwood if DMD hadn't picked Green for me now that I realize.

Really?

I like Green's situation a lot better than Norwood's. Dunn is going to surrender the #1 spot, but he's still going to take significant work from Norwood. Green's on a weaker team, but he's THE guy (unless Dayne manages to maintain his momentum from his late season run there), and Kubiak will get the running game going - he learned from one of the best in the game at it.

Really?

I like Green's situation a lot better than Norwood's. Dunn is going to surrender the #1 spot, but he's still going to take significant work from Norwood. Green's on a weaker team, but he's THE guy (unless Dayne manages to maintain his momentum from his late season run there), and Kubiak will get the running game going - he learned from one of the best in the game at it.

Green staying healthy is a big concern for me. He's already 31-years old and already had a durability problem in the past even with all the help he once got from Davenport, Fisher, etc. I thought that was a questionable move by HOU to get him over some more long-term guys that were available.

Green staying healthy is a big concern for me. He's already 31-years old and already had a durability problem in the past even with all the help he once got from Davenport, Fisher, etc. I thought that was a questionable move by HOU to get him over some more long-term guys that were available.

Agreed - if you have Green as a projected starter, you'd better spend that last pick of your draft on Dayne. But his workload being so light early in his career may pay off in squeezing an extra year out at the end.

They think he will hold up better behind the suppior Houston O-Line. :D

Really?

It's a tough decision but I sorta feel that Norwood is about to explode. If Petrino can get that offense the way he wants, Norwood will have a big role and put some nice numbers up. That is a big if and you are correct about Warrick Dunn.

Green is attractive and I have always been a fan but the injury concerns are in my mind too.

Tough decision, both choices solid.