[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Best: Defensive Player

URLACHERisGOD

The Best: Defensive Player

Of course, some of my favorite quotes include:

Urlacher's the most important defensive player in the league.
Urlacher can blitz and disrupt a quarterback whenever needed. He's everything a defensive coordinator would need, which makes him so valuable.
San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman already might be the most feared player in the game, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is the best cover man, but Urlacher is the best pure defensive player.

:D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Champ Bailey not get the nod? Granted, all these guys mentioned are great players in their own right. Bailey is the only one offenses have to scheme against and account for where he is on the field every second.

How can Champ Bailey not get the nod? Granted, all these guys mentioned are great players in their own right. Bailey is the only one offenses have to scheme against and account for where he is on the field every second.

Because Urlacher is better. Maybe you should watch the Bears more. Bailey is good but if you think teams don't account for Urlacher you're WAY wrong.

Because Urlacher is better. Maybe you should watch the Bears more. Bailey is good but if you think teams don't account for Urlacher you're WAY wrong.

I've watched the Bears plenty...and have seen Urlacher practically look invisible. Bailey has looked invisible as well...and it's because QB's always stay away from him.

It's a difference of opinion; you have yours, I have mine. We'll never know who the better player truly is.

I've watched the Bears plenty...and have seen Urlacher practically look invisible. Bailey has looked invisible as well...and it's because QB's always stay away from him.

It's a difference of opinion; you have yours, I have mine. We'll never know who the better player truly is.

Like a Jets fan to bail out of competition.

I can understand how they can pick others over Bailey.there is alot of good football players and everyone has a different opinion.

That being said..I agree with you. no player can cut the field in half like Bailey.not only does he do a good job on the guy he is defending...but he lets a safety free to help out the run and make their run defense look even better.

They are different players. Urlacher is closer to the LOS and controls the game more directly.

Like a Jets fan to bail out of competition.

For a guy with nearly 15,000 posts, one would think you'd make sense some times...what the heck does this mean and what does it have to do with our discussion? :D

You're kidding right?

Nearly EVERY team has players on defense that teams have to scheme against & account for. When teams play the Saints they have to account for & scheme against Will Smith & Charles Grant. Does that mean they are the best DEs in the league? Maybe Bailey IS the best D player, maybe it's Urlacher...it's all perspective. To compare them and say which is a better defender is silly. They play two completely different positions & roles. Is Peyton Manning a better player than LT?

You're kidding right?

Nearly EVERY team has players on defense that teams have to scheme against & account for. When teams play the Saints they have to account for & scheme against Will Smith & Charles Grant. Does that mean they are the best DEs in the league? Maybe Bailey IS the best D player, maybe it's Urlacher...it's all perspective. To compare them and say which is a better defender is silly. They play two completely different positions & roles. Is Peyton Manning a better player than LT?

Agreed...read the post made following the one you quoted. In MY opinion, Bailey is the best defensive player. Others differ...which I respect. And you are right about one thing...hard to compare apples to oranges as far as position goes. But that's what makes a topic like this so enjoyable.

Age isnt the issue with ray ray, its his health.

Well, age and health often go hand-in-hand. I do agree though, as much as it pains me to say, when healthy, Ray Lewis was the best defensive player in the NFL.