[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was the hardest hitter ever to don a helmet

devilwoman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck Cecil. Watched him growing up at the U of A and he would throw his body around like nobody else. I'd put him up against Tatum or Lott any day. Unfortunately, I imagine he will be one of the guys in the next few years who you read about with post-concussion issues.

Jack Tatum and George Atkinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEa7bqUD2ns

Just wait till about 3:39 or so and Tatum levels a WR and I don't know how the hell he held onto the ball. There's a couple other really nice shots too. There's a nice shot by Tatum on Earl Campbell as well that knocked Cambell out even though he still scored. Guys were wicked!!

That video is frigin' awesome!! THat guy was flat out scary. :D

I love how that one guy talked about Butkus hitting a guy and KO'ing him and how the guy was crying over on the sidelines cause he didn't know who he was.

Edited by irish

Great commentary:

His 9 year career stands apart as the single most sustained work of devastation committed on a football field by anyone, any time, anywhere.

He was Moby Dick in a goldfish bowl.

:D

That man was a human bulldozer - they don't make 'em like that any more.

If you like dirty players.

Only if they're female. :D

There have been some really great ones mentioned so far but you can't forget about this guy.

I didn't want to seem biased and mention that one or even Shell, :D, for that matter but those are two great ones.

#58 tossing Harris around like a rag doll is something that I will never forget.

Not NFL, but I don't think there has ever been a harder hit than Cornelius Bennett absolutely destroying Steve Buerlein. He was out cold before he hit the ground.... :D

Without a doubt--- RONNIE LOTT :D

He was the toughest and hardest hitter for his size than anyone who has played. :D

Ronnie RETIRED the Nigerian Nightmare (Christian Okoye sp?) with a hit on the goal line when he played with the Jets. Biggest hit I ever saw. He gave himself a concussion and bounced backwards about five yards. Okoye was stood straight up, paused and had to only fall forward for the TD. It looked like slow mothion as he slowly toppled backwards like a tree, flat on his back, OUT!!!! :tup::D

Okoye said he never imagined that the game could be so violent until that hit, one that basically ended his career! He was NEVER the same after that!

Lott also was told a broken finger tip (pinky) would keep him out a few weeks. He had the staff CUT IT OFF AND SEW IT UP at halftime and he was back on the field. :doh:

Ladies, I give you Ronnie Lott and all the Man love that I can muster :D:clap::clap:

How about this guy...

or this guy...

or... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HVnxFN-uc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb44qbSZ5z8&NR=1

Not pro players but some fun big hit vids.

How about this guy...

or this guy...

or... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HVnxFN-uc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb44qbSZ5z8&NR=1

Not pro players but some fun big hit vids.

First one was funny, 2nd one was a good hit, 3rd were bullsh*t cheap shots :D and the last was possibly the gayest, stupidest video I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Be honest now, which one of these homo's was you? :D

Butkus, with Nitschke a close second.

Nitschke is definitely up there. Underrated if you ask me as he was never as loudmouthed as Butkus. Starr and Lombardi get the mystique and adulation from that old Packer team.

Deacon Jones is up there too if only because he has a rule named after him. The headslap was perfectly legal for years and years prior however he did it so well and so fiercely he caused the NFL to eventually ban the move.

First one was funny, 2nd one was a good hit, 3rd were bullsh*t cheap shots :D and the last was possibly the gayest, stupidest video I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Be honest now, which one of these homo's was you? :tup:

The last one of course. :D