[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was the hardest hitter ever to don a helmet

devilwoman

Butkus, with Nitschke a close second.

Definitely! Nitschke was way under rated, but Butkus was no loud mouth. He could back up anything.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely! Nitschke was way under rated, but Butkus was no loud mouth. He could back up anything.

Oh, Butkus definitely could but back it up but Nitschke's destruction on the field didn't come with a whole lot of smack talking. IMO that quiet, angry disposition is far more imposing than someone who's constantly ranting and raving about what they're going to do on the next play.

Butkus also went on to a pretty lucrative career of announcing and endorsements.

Some day Rodney Harrison will get props in this category.

You hit this one baby! My two favorite players on the D side have always been Lott and Harrison. I think Rodney gets a little too much scrutiny because of his rep, and that fine on Rice was BULLSH!T ! They just wanted to "put him in his place" for blasting a legend. If you can't take the hit, don't strap it on!

Sure, I was always a wannabe strong safety, but was always too big and not fast enough :clap: . But you look at the punishment these two guys bring compared to their size and there is no way you can exclude these guys.

I LOVE Nitchke, Butkiss (What kind of a name is THAT??? Where the Beef???), and Merriman brings some fear to the field as well. But looking at size to punishment ratio, Ronnie and Rodney are my guys, HANDS DOWN!

Us watching a player entering Lott/Harrison zone:

:clap::clap::tup::clap::clap:

That player seeing Lott/Harrison locked in on them :

:D:clap:

That player AFTER a hit by Lott/Harrison :

:doh::clap:

Coach watching a high pass to a WR in this area:

:clap::clap::clap::D

Teamates of Lott/Harrison after a big hit:

:clap::clap::clap:

Lott/Harrison after the hit:

:D:clap:

OR

:D

Yep. Gotta go with the oldtimers on this one. Pound per pound the DBs are probably the meanest players on the field so some good choices there as well.

Butkus and Nitschke were linebackers.

Butkus and Nitschke were linebackers.

I know. I wasn't saying that Butkus and Nitschke were DBs. I'm saying that some of the DBs mentioned above were good calls and that DBs are usually the meanest players on the field.

Obviously RBs weren't happy with running into Butkus or Nitschke.

Put down the bong & the smilies, and slowly back away from the keyboard. Man, some people can't start too early on Fridays, can they?

He's nearing the level of Menudo and PD on his homerism :D

"I think Rodney gets a little too much scrutiny because of his rep"

I agree. But if you combine the vicious hits that he lays on people, his talent and playmaking ability in general, 2 Superbowl victories (and 3 appearances), throw in a few spearing incidents and the fact that he's the most fined player OF ALL TIME, its probably easy to see why players around the league and fans of other teams tend to hate him.

Having watched him the last few years as a Pats fan and as someone who has had him on my fantasy team, I'd say that he doesn't seem to be as dirty as his reputation indicates. But then again, I haven't had to actually play against him :D

Edited by Crazysight

Put down the bong & the smilies, and slowly back away from the keyboard. Man, some people can't start too early on Fridays, can they?

Dude, I was bored and wanted to share... Where the LOVE MAN?? :D

He's nearing the level of Menudo and PD on his homerism :doh:

I am jaded by some degree of homerism, a disease infecting the majority of the people on these boards.

BUT!!!

Ronnie NEVER played for any team that I have liked. I detested the 49ers but had man-love for him :D

Rodney, as the Pats fans are beginning to see, gets some ticky tack BS called on him due to rep only. The stupidest thing that AJ did was to let him go IMHO. As much as I like :tup: AJ, this never made sence.

I am jaded by some degree of homerism, a disease infecting the majority of the people on these boards.True

BUT!!!

Ronnie NEVER played for any team that I have liked. I detested the 49ers but had man-love for him :D

Rodney, as the Pats fans are beginning to see, gets some ticky tack BS called on him due to rep only. The stupidest thing that AJ did was to let him go IMHO. As much as I like :tup: AJ, this never made sence.

Yeah, I mean its not like I can fault you about these two guys. I knew Harrison was from your homer and I just figured Lott was a favorite cause I thought he went to USC. I figure you're from that area, so......

Yeah, I mean its not like I can fault you about these two guys. I knew Harrison was from your homer and I just figured Lott was a favorite cause I thought he went to USC. I figure you're from that area, so......

Played at SDSU so I'm an Aztec at heart! USC... MEH! They suck! :D:D