[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about auction draft's?

PantherDave

Just read an email from my buddy trying to get me in the league. He told the "Commish" of my FF experince and while he was wrong, said I had alot of "auction" experince as well. So, I'm on the "waiting list" now and some pigeon with just 2 yrs FF experince and "no" auction experince has been choosen over me. I am going to enlighten the league on what I think may be going down and see if they want to form a new local-draft style to be voted on by majority.

The "Commish's" excuse is he wants to keep it within the guys at the dealership....even though last year they had two who were not, but had very little FF experince.

Just read an email from my buddy trying to get me in the league. He told the "Commish" of my FF experince and while he was wrong, said I had alot of "auction" experince as well. So, I'm on the "waiting list" now and some pigeon with just 2 yrs FF experince and "no" auction experince has been choosen over me. I am going to enlighten the league on what I think may be going down and see if they want to form a new local-draft style to be voted on by majority.

The "Commish's" excuse is he wants to keep it within the guys at the dealership....even though last year they had two who were not, but had very little FF experince.

Can you say ....... Sceeered :D

if you know your $ amount and are savvy about your spending it's cut and dry...fill out you your roster.

Dave, you are kidding yourself about that; unless you play with lousy players. I've never yet been in an auction that you could go in and do it cut and dry, even against lower quality players. That's one reason people love them. You have to change your plans for players all the time. You go in thinking you will get this player for this amount, and that player for that amount, and then fill in with these players; never seems to work.

Dave, you are kidding yourself about that; unless you play with lousy players. I've never yet been in an auction that you could go in and do it cut and dry, even against lower quality players. That's one reason people love them. You have to change your plans for players all the time. You go in thinking you will get this player for this amount, and that player for that amount, and then fill in with these players; never seems to work.

Good Info, and I'm starting to piece it together, but it looks like I'm out in this particular league anyway.

While IDP becomes limited because it makes rosters so hugh and takes so long with a way that makes fantasy football impacted from draft through the final week of the playoffs, auctions are merely a way to create the teams in leagues and then is over - it can be adjusted to suit any type of league out there. It's just the veteran way to create teams that is a total blast when done live. It may not grow exponentially, but it continues to grow.

I am amazed at how many IDP leauges there are. They seem to be increasing like crazy to me. Maybe it is only dynasty, I don't know - that has been what I have been researching lately so maybe that is why I am seeing so much. Maybe there is something about the huddle community..

I can see where it is a blast in a dynasty league, because it makes a rookie draft much deeper...

You tell em DMD :D

As stated, (live) auctions are if anything QUICKER than "normal" drafts.

I can't wrap my head around it. I would love to go auction - but decided not to because I felt my league would balk at things because they take so danged long.

Snake or worst to first... you call out a name

auction... you call out a name and go through all the rigamaroll

how can auctions be quicker? same sized rosters, so the same names being called... but there is more?

also... any rules for a keep league with an auction? like a percent of salary cap keeping one, two or three guys costs?

how can auctions be quicker? same sized rosters, so the same names being called... but there is more?

In non-auctions, you have what, 2-3 mins PER PICK allowed? Sure people don't always take that time, but I bet people taking at least a minute in most drafts isn't exactly rare.

In an auction I've never timed it, but I'd bet most picks take less than a minute. Trust me, on average they are at most the same amount of time, if not less. I don't know where this "they take so much more time" bit came from.

also... any rules for a keep league with an auction? like a percent of salary cap keeping one, two or three guys costs?

We don't do salary caps (fortunately) or keepers (unfortunately) but a typical such rule would be something like 10% more than was paid for the guy to keep him next year, with a minimum amount to be paid and/or minimum % to pay. For example, if you pay $40 for LT you'd have to pay $44 to keep him next year, but the min for any player might be say $5, so if you only paid $1 for Colston last year he'd be $5 this year (etc). Similar to giving up a draft choice higher than the person was drafted in a non-auction league.

Edited by BeeR