[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

matt millen the team wrecker

tarantula

:D

He's building a team that I think will be scary on offense.

I also think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.

If I had a nickel for every off season I have heard a Lions fan say this... :D

Tarantula, we have been trying to figure out the Fords love of Millen? The only thing left is he must give good head I reckon :D

Loyalty at all costs. Just look at the success of this philosophy in the White House.

If Millen were a CEO he'd be long gone.

+1. It'd be enough to pay for a nice vacation at least.

If Millen were a CEO he'd be long gone.

Unless he worked for Northwest Airlines, of course.

Man, you guys can't read...

I don't think a lions fan has responded to the inital post...

We know YOU aren't a Lions fan. We also know that every season we hear enough Lions fans say "This is the season...." prior to yet another letdown.

We also know that every season we hear enough Lions fans say "This is the season...." prior to yet another letdown.

Yes, I cant wait for PolicyVote's glowing reports from Lions training camp each year! You would think the 2nd coming of the 1970's Steelers were taking the field. Then Russmans Raiders starts in with his "the Lions are absolutely loaded this year" . And like Lucy pulling the ball away just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it; Dr Love, Egret, Furd, et al start actually believing that this is THE year that the Lions wont suck. It would be comical if it werent all so predictable and sad.

I think Kitna is a capable quarterback...

I also think with Woody shedding pounds he can return to pro bowl form. Riola is under-rated, Backus is a good LT, and Foster is a for sure upgrade at RT.

Reguardless if Kevin Jones is 100% by the start of the season, they have a very capable backup in Tatum Bell with Duckett being there third rb.

Roy Williams is an elite player, Calvin Johnson looks to be the most polished sure thing WR i've seen since Larry Fitzgerald. Mike Furrey as a slot guy is no joke either.

There offense is going to surprise people.

I'm not so sure about there D though.

every season we hear enough Lions fans say "This is the season...." prior to yet another letdown.

As opposed to fans of other teams ie ones that didn't do well? :D I haven't noticed DET fans being any more or less optimistic vs fans of other teams, all circumstances taken into account.

I also think with Woody shedding pounds he can return to pro bowl form. Riola is under-rated, Backus is a good LT, and Foster is a for sure upgrade at RT.

Reguardless if Kevin Jones is 100% by the start of the season, they have a very capable backup in Tatum Bell with Duckett being there third rb.

Roy Williams is an elite player, Calvin Johnson looks to be the most polished sure thing WR i've seen since Larry Fitzgerald. Mike Furrey as a slot guy is no joke either.

Exactly.

As for Millen, lol @ yet more "I'm so brilliant in hindsight" yo-yos. I bet most if not all of his picks you didn't rip at the time they were being made - and I couldn't say for sure, but I have heard he was overriden by Ford on at least a few of them (eg Mike Wms). Not saying he's exactly brilliant, but IMO he's not nearly as bad as the Millen-sucks bangwagoneers think.

As opposed to fans of other teams ie ones that didn't do well? :D I haven't noticed DET fans being any more or less optimistic vs fans of other teams, all circumstances taken into account.

Exactly.

As for Millen, lol @ yet more "I'm so brilliant in hindsight" yo-yos. I bet most if not all of his picks you didn't rip at the time they were being made - and I couldn't say for sure, but I have heard he was overriden by Ford on at least a few of them (eg Mike Wms). Not saying he's exactly brilliant, but IMO he's not nearly as bad as the Millen-sucks bangwagoneers think.

Stupid, completely oblivious to things around you, and a being a welcher is no way to go through life...

Yeah. I have nothing against the Lions, but year in, year out, they have to be the team we continually hear "they will be good this year" and never make good on that predicition.

The Seahawks kind of had this label for a few years as well and then they followed through and made it to the superbowl.

The Lions will fight it out for division champ against the Bears...

wow... You may want to tap the breaks on that one... I think what you meant to say was that the Lions may fight is out for 2nd place... I don't see them overtaking the bears or the packers for that matter. I see the them surpassing the Vikings because Minnisota runs a ten man offense in which they have no qb.

wow... You may want to tap the breaks on that one... I think what you meant to say was that the Lions may fight is out for 2nd place... I don't see them overtaking the bears or the packers for that matter. I see the them surpassing the Vikings because Minnisota runs a ten man offense in which they have no qb.

:D Dolphins fan, and his wife is a part Packers fan.

I think they'll be "okay". Martz has never protected his QBs, why would he start now? 35 year old QB + bad blocking = Stanton = nightmare for Lions WRs. As a Roy owner I am skeptical...

Yes, I cant wait for PolicyVote's glowing reports from Lions training camp each year! You would think the 2nd coming of the 1970's Steelers were taking the field. Then Russmans Raiders starts in with his "the Lions are absolutely loaded this year" . And like Lucy pulling the ball away just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it; Dr Love, Egret, Furd, et al start actually believing that this is THE year that the Lions wont suck. It would be comical if it werent all so predictable and sad.

Sorry, but I just can't resist. :D

Yeah. I have nothing against the Lions, but year in, year out, they have to be the team we continually hear "they will be good this year" and never make good on that predicition.Well that and cards fans, but they are few and far between :D