[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac Williams

BigTen

After 2 years C. Williams went from big time rookie in year one to the back of a milk carton on year two. How do you all see him doing this year. Has Tampa started fixing their O-Line? Will Cadillac become a "sleeper" this year, or does he go back to being a ghost? Here are his stats from the first two years:

Rushing

Year Team G GS Att Yds Avg LgTD 20+ 1st

2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 14 290 1178 4.1 71 6 7 54

2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 14 225 798 3.5 38 1 4 32

TOTAL 28 28 515 1976 3.8 71 7 11 86

They have added Garcia but I really do not know if he helps or hurts Williams, not a big fan of Garcia. TB homers, what are they saying about the Offense this year and what has Gruden been saying about the running game? Thanks for the help.

After 2 years C. Williams went from big time rookie in year one to the back of a milk carton on year two. How do you all see him doing this year. Has Tampa started fixing their O-Line? Will Cadillac become a "sleeper" this year, or does he go back to being a ghost? Here are his stats from the first two years:

Rushing

Year Team G GS Att Yds Avg LgTD 20+ 1st

2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 14 290 1178 4.1 71 6 7 54

2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 14 225 798 3.5 38 1 4 32

TOTAL 28 28 515 1976 3.8 71 7 11 86

They have added Garcia but I really do not know if he helps or hurts Williams, not a big fan of Garcia. TB homers, what are they saying about the Offense this year and what has Gruden been saying about the running game? Thanks for the help.

the entire offense was in shambles last yr...it can only get better

I think Caddy has a rebound year and will outperform his draft position. I read somewhere that Gruden wants to keep Caddy on the field more and involve him in the passing game. If that's true he certainly has the potential to be a great value pick, especially in PPR leagues.

If you start drafting RB, WR, WR, then Caddy might be a good #2 RB to get in the 4th round. If he's still there of course. I would think that he would have a decent rebound season, but I don't think he will break the top 10 or anything crazy like that.

Edited by Savage Beatings

Wasn't his deal injuries and that they used him too much his rookie year or something along those lines?

It was but alot of rookies are like that, especially the ones that were used to sharing the load in college.

I wouldn't touch Williams before the 6th round or use him as anything greater than a #3 FF RB - but I know someone will take him earlier, so I don't need to worry about him on any of my teams. Is there any RB in the league who takes his owners on such an incredibly inconsistent roller coaster than him? I've personally got to have an expectation of a modicum of consistency from my starting RBs in FF.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I wouldn't touch Williams before the 6th round or use him as anything greater than a #3 FF RB - but I know someone will take him earlier, so I don't need to worry about him on any of my teams. Is there any RB in the league who takes his owners on such an incredibly inconsistent roller coaster than him? I've personally got to have an expectation of a modicum of consistency from my starting RBs in FF.

I understand your frustrations when it comes to the Caddy but... Round 6? That's a wee-bit late IMO. He'd never make it that far in a 10 team league and I doubt he'd do so in a 12 teamer either. When did he go in the 12 teamer here at the huudle?

Edited by irish

Is there any RB in the league who takes his owners on such an incredibly inconsistent roller coaster than him? I've personally got to have an expectation of a modicum of consistency from my starting RBs in FF.

where's the inconsistency? He had 3 or 4 great games followed by 30 sh!tty ones. he had 1 more TD than my dead grandmother last year. He will have a bounceback year by default.

I understand your frustrations when it comes to the Caddy but... Round 6? That's a wee-bit late IMO. He'd never make it that far in a 10 team league and I doubt he'd do so in a 12 teamer either. When did he go in the 12 teamer here at the huudle?

Hence the comment of why he'd never be on one of my teams...

where's the inconsistency? He had 3 or 4 great games followed by 30 sh!tty ones. he had 1 more TD than my dead grandmother last year. He will have a bounceback year by default.

I drafted your dead grandmother in the 9th round & found her to be a model of consistency.

:D

Alstott and Clayton still there and the O-Line still sucks. I'm not as optomistic.

:D FalCANT fans are so frustrating.....

I would love to hear how their O-Line still sucks. Do you have any insights into that or are you just making a statement?

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Garcia or even Simms (to an extent) will help Caddy out a great deal. Remember, the Bucs were starting a 6th round draft pick the majority of last season who could not pass the ball longer than 10 yards. Defenses simply loaded the box up with defenders and stopped pretty much anything Gruden could throw at them. Having a real QB behind center will help the whole offense. Having a vetern QB that knows the westcoast system Gruden runs is going to be even better.

I would not be afraid to pick Caddy up to be your 2nd RB.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Garcia or even Simms (to an extant) will help Caddy out a great deal. Remember, the Bucs were starting a 6th round draft pick the majority of last season who could not pass the ball longer than 10 yards. Defenses simply loaded the box up with defenders and stopped pretty much anything Gruden could throw at them. Having a real QB behind center will help the whole offense. Having a vetern QB that knows the westcoast system Gruden runs is going to be even better.

I would tend question the credibility of any TB homer who calls Simms a "real quarterback".

One would think that Garcia will at least cause defenses to CONSIDER the possibility of the forward pass, therefore one could reasonably assume that CW will find the going easier. I read that he has been working on foot conditioning this off-season, supposedly foot problems were a big part of his failure over the last season and a half. And we have head Gruden say that he wants to keep Caddy in the game more for passing downs as well, as he has been working on that facet of his game.

I'm not sure we can make a determination about that offensive line until we see it in action. Caddy needs holes to be effective.

But at the very least the Bucs and CW have identified areas for improvement in his game, and seem to be working to iron those out.

So my general feeling is cautiously optimistic. Lets face it, if you get Caddy as a RB3 in the 6th round, it just may win you a fantasy championship (particularly if you play in a PPR flex league), and for a late 5th or early 6th pick he is well worth the gamble.

I would love to hear how their O-Line still sucks. Do you have any insights into that or are you just making a statement?

I would love to hear insights as to why it won't suck. I see a sucky OL that got modest improvements at most this year.

I think Wms will do only slightly better (I agree it would be hard to do worse) - but I want more than that from my RB2, who I expect to start most if not every game.

I would tend question the credibility of any TB homer who calls Simms a "real quarterback".

Oh give me a break, way to take what I said way out of context. Compared to Gradkowski, Simms is Joe Montana. Were you just trying to pick a fight with me?

I would love to hear insights as to why it won't suck. I see a sucky OL that got modest improvements at most this year.

I think Wms will do only slightly better (I agree it would be hard to do worse) - but I want more than that from my RB2, who I expect to start most if not every game.

Davin Joesph (06 1st rounder) and Jeremy Trueblood (06 2nd rounder) each have a year under their belt and will be vastly improved. They looked much better towards the end of last season. The Bucs also spent their 2nd round draft pick this year for Aaron Sears who will start at Left Guard from day one. Dan Buenning will be back 100% and will move to center. Also, Luke Petitgout was a great pickup and will give the young O-Line some leadership.

You might see a "sucky OL that got modest improvements at most last year", but I see a young line with loads of top draft picks that will only get better. Young players do tend to improve. There is more than one way to get better you know...

Also, a real quarterback behind center and not a 6th round rookie draft pick will do wonders for making an O-Line better.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

You might see a "sucky OL that got modest improvements at most last year", but I see a young line with loads of top draft picks that will only get better. Young players do tend to improve. There is more than one way to get better you know...

Also, a real quarterback behind center and not a 6th round rookie draft pick will do wonders for making an O-Line better.

I tend to agree with this and who knows they might have the best line in the NFL in 2-3 years, its all about cohesiveness with the O-line and the more they are together the better they will get. Caddy will improve on last year, pretty easy to see that. If we didn't see the writing on the wall for LJ and the chiefs changes all around last year (I was in denial, although he still got his), then you have to see all changes TB has made and are trying to get better, don't forget Gruden has a SB and is a pretty damn good coach as well. Ratass touched on some of my other thoughts as well.