[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

draft prediction on Marion Barber

tarantula

Because at this point nobody knows for sure how the Dallas backfield situation will play out, yet.

Why is Marion Barber NOT predicted to go higher in this years drafts? I know he split carries with JJ but he scored 16 TD`S and ran for 654 yards with 4.8 avg. He was always in the backfield when the `Boys were in the Red Zone.

Waht predictions have you seen?

Because at this point nobody knows for sure how the Dallas backfield situation will play out, yet.

But even if it turns out like last year, doesn`t leading the NFC in rushing TD`S justify him being taken higher than the projections?

Also, there is much speculation in the DFW AREA ; I live 20min. from Valley Ranch, that JJ IS still on the trading block

that he doesn`t even go in the top 20 RB`S taken

Like in mock drafts you mean? I'm not baiting you here or anything, I just haven't seen anything so far this off-season besides a preliminary rankings on Fox Sports.

Like in mock drafts you mean? I'm not baiting you here or anything, I just haven't seen anything so far this off-season besides a preliminary rankings on Fox Sports.

Fantasy football Xtreme ( JUST ONE EXAMPLE) has him listed as the 29th best back. Ahead of him are Cedric Benson and Travis Henry and Kevin Jones....ARE YOU KIDDIN` ME???

Fantasy football Xtreme ( JUST ONE EXAMPLE) has him listed as the 29th best back. Ahead of him are Cedric Benson and Travis Henry and Kevin Jones....ARE YOU KIDDIN` ME???

Well, Benson and Henry should definitely be ahead of him (far ahead of him IMHO) but Kevin Jones is still too much of a hugh question mark for the upcoming season.

Do you know something to help clarify the Dallas RB situation that would help to boost Barber's value? Or do you just like his individual talent?

Benson is a starter on a much better team.

Henry is a starter on a much better team.

Look at what Kevin Jones did last year before his injury... Jones was a top 10 back in ppg.

I think he's about right around the late 20's. You can't count on 16 td's from last year. He just doesnt touch the ball enough.

Having owned Barber last year he was just to hit and miss. Barber was only good when Dallas had a comfortable lead and they ran him hard in the second half of games. But if they were playing catch-up he was worthless. So you had to try and determine how the game was going to unfold before starting Barber. He killed me in week 16, at home against Philly they got beat 27-7 Barber scored a goose egg in my Super Bowl. There are just other RB'S in more defined situations ahead of Barber IMO to rank him in the top 20.

Having owned Barber last year he was just to hit and miss. Barber was only good when Dallas had a comfortable lead and they ran him hard in the second half of games. But if they were playing catch-up he was worthless. So you had to try and determine how the game was going to unfold before starting Barber. He killed me in week 16, at home against Philly they got beat 27-7 Barber scored a goose egg in my Super Bowl. There are just other RB'S in more defined situations ahead of Barber IMO to rank him in the top 20.

Well stated!

1. Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC

2. Jackson, Steven STL

3. Johnson, Larry KCC

4. Bush, Reggie NOS

5. Gore, Frank SFO

6. Addai, Joseph IND

7. Westbrook, Brian PHI

8. Parker, Willie PIT

9. Alexander, Shaun SEA

10. Maroney, Laurence NEP

11. Johnson, Rudi CIN

12. Portis, Clinton WAS

13. McGahee, Willis BAL

14. Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC

15. Brown, Ronnie MIA

16. Henry, Travis DEN

17. Benson, Cedric CHI

18. James, Edgerrin ARI

19. Jones, Thomas NYJ

20. Williams, Carnell TBB

21. Barber, Marion DAL

Here's a current ranking of RBs based upon where they are going in drafts. Who would you put Barber ahead of who is currently ranked above him?

I definitely put Benson & Henry ahead of Barber. Why would you think otherwise?

2. Jackson, Steven STL

3. Johnson, Larry KCC

4. Bush, Reggie NOS

5. Gore, Frank SFO

6. Addai, Joseph IND

7. Westbrook, Brian PHI

8. Parker, Willie PIT

9. Alexander, Shaun SEA

11. Johnson, Rudi CIN

12. Portis, Clinton WAS

13. McGahee, Willis BAL

15. Brown, Ronnie MIA

16. Henry, Travis DEN

17. Benson, Cedric CHI

18. James, Edgerrin ARI

19. Jones, Thomas NYJ

21. Barber, Marion DAL

Here's a current ranking of RBs based upon where they are going in drafts. Who would you put Barber ahead of who is currently ranked above him?

None of them and I can think of a couple others I might put on that list ahead of him as well.

2. Jackson, Steven STL

3. Johnson, Larry KCC

4. Bush, Reggie NOS

5. Gore, Frank SFO

6. Addai, Joseph IND

7. Westbrook, Brian PHI

8. Parker, Willie PIT

9. Alexander, Shaun SEA

11. Johnson, Rudi CIN

12. Portis, Clinton WAS

13. McGahee, Willis BAL

15. Brown, Ronnie MIA

16. Henry, Travis DEN

17. Benson, Cedric CHI

18. James, Edgerrin ARI

19. Jones, Thomas NYJ

21. Barber, Marion DAL

How can Carnell be rated ahead of any RB in the NFL? I don't think that Barber, as much as I like him, is going to be in the top 10 or 12, but rating a Cadillac that runs on 3 cylnders ahead of him is a bit much from my point of view.

Does that surprise you? I'd expect his ADP to drop no lower than 6 or 7 before the season starts.

His value in a PPR league is unquestionable, but he still is in a RBBC and as DMD documented before, he really wasn't a consistent scorer from week to week last year. I like him towards the end of the 1st round....but not #4.

His value in a PPR league is unquestionable, but he still is in a RBBC and as DMD documented before, he really wasn't a consistent scorer from week to week last year. I like him towards the end of the 1st round....but not #4.

I agree, but some can't resist the relentless hype machine that has blared about Bush for well over a year now.

Here's a RB rankings list I found from Michael Harmon of Fox Sports:

1) L. Tomlinson

2) S. Jackson

3) L. Johnson

4) S. Alexander

5) F. Gore

6) J. Addai

7) R Johnson

8) L. Maroney

9) W. Parker

10) B. Westbrook

11) W. McGahee

12) T. Henry

13) R. Brown

14) C. Portis

15) R. Bush

16) M. Jones-Drew

17) C. Benson

18) E. James

19) D. McAllister

20) C. Williams

21) M. Lynch

22) A. Green

23) J. Lewis

24) T. Jones

25) M. Barber

Your boy is all the way down at #25 in that list... and I don't really see anyone above him that I would pick him over. :D

1) L. Tomlinson

2) S. Jackson

3) L. Johnson

4) S. Alexander

5) F. Gore

6) J. Addai

7) R Johnson

8) L. Maroney

9) W. Parker

10) B. Westbrook

11) W. McGahee

12) T. Henry

13) R. Brown

14) C. Portis

15) R. Bush

16) M. Jones-Drew

17) C. Benson

18) E. James

19) D. McAllister

20) C. Williams

21) M. Lynch

22) A. Green

23) J. Lewis

24) T. Jones

25) M. Barber

Your boy is all the way down at #25 in that list... and I don't really see anyone above him that I would pick him over. :D

fair enough.... I played 3rb`s in my league with Tomlinson, Jones-Drew, and Barber .

1) L. Tomlinson

2) S. Jackson

3) L. Johnson

4) S. Alexander

5) F. Gore

6) J. Addai

7) R Johnson

8) L. Maroney

9) W. Parker

10) B. Westbrook

11) W. McGahee

12) T. Henry

13) R. Brown

14) C. Portis

15) R. Bush

16) M. Jones-Drew

17) C. Benson

18) E. James

19) D. McAllister

20) C. Williams

21) M. Lynch

22) A. Green

23) J. Lewis

24) T. Jones

25) M. Barber

wow Reggie behind gimp Portis? :D thats rough! I have him alot higher ppr or not

wow Reggie behind gimp Portis? :D thats rough! I have him alot higher ppr or not

Well it's just one man's list (and it's out pretty early). I think a lot of other people rank Bush higher too. I'm not sure yet where I would rank him for the upcoming season to be honest.