[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Current ADP - RBs

Bronco Billy

The top 40 RBs as listed by mfl.com in 90 non-keeper drafts, give or take, so far this year:

# Player Avg. Pick

1 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 1.61

2 Jackson, Steven STL RB 2.86

3 Johnson, Larry KCC RB 3.87

4 Bush, Reggie NOS RB 7

5 Gore, Frank SFO RB 7.16

6 Addai, Joseph IND RB 8.02

7 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 9.49

8 Parker, Willie PIT RB 10.75

9 Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 11.82

10 Maroney, Laurence NEP RB 12.05

11 Johnson, Rudi CIN RB 14.23

12 Portis, Clinton WAS RB 17.99

13 McGahee, Willis BAL RB 18.21

14 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 18.4

15 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 19.56

16 Henry, Travis DEN RB 26.49

17 Benson, Cedric CHI RB 28.99

18 James, Edgerrin ARI RB 34.36

19 Jones, Thomas NYJ RB 38.21

20 Williams, Carnell TBB RB 40.87

21 Barber, Marion DAL RB 46.39

22 McAllister, Deuce NOS RB 47.47

23 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 48.19

24 Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB 50.56

25 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 51.3

26 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB 59.68

27 Green, Ahman HOU RB 65.23

28 Lewis, Jamal CLE RB 65.47

29 Jones, Kevin DET RB 70.04

30 Turner, Michael SDC RB 73.89

31 Taylor, Chester MIN RB 75.11

32 Norwood, Jerious ATL RB 76.22

33 Jones, Julius DAL RB 76.67

34 Betts, Ladell WAS RB 88.19

35 White, LenDale TEN RB 91.27

36 Bell, Tatum DET RB 93.64

37 Dunn, Warrick ATL RB 93.85

38 Jackson, Brandon GBP RB 99.97

39 Taylor, Fred JAC RB 102.21

40 Jordan, Lamont OAK RB 108.87

Where do we see the greatest movement by the end of August/beginning of September? Should Bush really be listed at #4? How high does Tatum Bell jump if Kevin Jones does start the season on the PUP list? Who's being slept on right now?

Thoughts?

Travis Henry should be taken higher, Norwood (I like him a lot this year) and J Jones should be taken higher as well and I for one would not be taking R Bush with the 4th overall pick. I also think M. Lynch has a great shot of outperforming is ADP at #26.

Edited by irish

If im in a PPR league then Bush deserves to be around 6-8. No way does he deserve being in front of Gore or Alexander. Bush just shares the ball to much to be this high in my opinion.

I also have a problem with Marion Barber being the number 21 back as well, especially in a non keeper league. Barber has never ran the ball more than 138 times in a single season, and looks to be stuck in a RBBC. People will be quick to point out his 16 touchdowns last year, but I just don't like the idea of having to depend on a guy getting his points off of touchdowns and not too much in yardage.

I really dont forsee Tatum Bell moving up too much if Kevin Jones begins on the PUP list to start the season. Kevin Jones is ahead of schedule and I fully expect him to be healthy heading into training camp. Even if he does start out on PUP, he'll be full speed and ready to go week 7. By that time Bell will have already worn down, and would give way to the most talented back on the team, this being Jones. Martz has said many times last season and this off season that Kevin Jones is going to play the role that Marshall Faulk did for all those years in St. Louis while he invisions Tatum Bell taking on the Trung Candidate roll.

As far as players people are sleeping on goes, I'd give that nod to Vernand Morencey. I see Brandon Jackson on the list at 38, but no sign of Morencey. I fully expect Morencey to carry the majority of the carries this year, I thought this before Brandon Jackson tweaked his knee and missed time at the last mini camp. I think Jackson is already falling behind in the race to start, and I envision the gap between them widening.

The other guy people are sleeping on is Cadillac Williams. John Gruden finally has a real quarterback, along with fixing some of the problems on that O Line. I think Caddy will be a steal as the 20th back off the board.

The thing that really strikes me is first of all the depth at RB this year. It really allows owners for a lot more flexibility in drafts.

It's also very noticeable that none of the rookies are ranked very highly despite the history of rookie RBs breaking into the top 10. Training camp will probably see a lot of shuffling among rookies.

If im in a PPR league then Bush deserves to be around 6-8. No way does he deserve being in front of Gore or Alexander. Bush just shares the ball to much to be this high in my opinion.

I also have a problem with Marion Barber being the number 21 back as well, especially in a non keeper league. Barber has never ran the ball more than 138 times in a single season, and looks to be stuck in a RBBC. People will be quick to point out his 16 touchdowns last year, but I just don't like the idea of having to depend on a guy getting his points off of touchdowns and not too much in yardage.

I really dont forsee Tatum Bell moving up too much if Kevin Jones begins on the PUP list to start the season. Kevin Jones is ahead of schedule and I fully expect him to be healthy heading into training camp. Even if he does start out on PUP, he'll be full speed and ready to go week 7. By that time Bell will have already worn down, and would give way to the most talented back on the team, this being Jones. Martz has said many times last season and this off season that Kevin Jones is going to play the role that Marshall Faulk did for all those years in St. Louis while he invisions Tatum Bell taking on the Trung Candidate roll.

As far as players people are sleeping on goes, I'd give that nod to Vernand Morencey. I see Brandon Jackson on the list at 38, but no sign of Morencey. I fully expect Morencey to carry the majority of the carries this year, I thought this before Brandon Jackson tweaked his knee and missed time at the last mini camp. I think Jackson is already falling behind in the race to start, and I envision the gap between them widening.

The other guy people are sleeping on is Cadillac Williams. John Gruden finally has a real quarterback, along with fixing some of the problems on that O Line. I think Caddy will be a steal as the 20th back off the board.

In a PPR league I would definitely think about taking Bush ahead of Alexander as Bush gets a ton of looks in the passing game while SA is drinking gatorade on the sideline smiling with his big teeth during passing situations.

In a PPR league I would definitely think about taking Bush ahead of Alexander as Bush gets a ton of looks in the passing game while SA is drinking gatorade on the sideline smiling with his big teeth during passing situations.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear... I intended to say if its non PPR there is no way he's ahead of Alexander. Either way he's not ahead of Gore.

I'd imagine that no coach is trying to fill the Trung Canidate role.

Not so much Trung Canidate, but what Trung was intended to be brought in to do.

I agree with what others are saying, Bush is way too high in this order and consequently Deuce is too low. I also think Alexander & Maroney should be moved up about 3-4 slots. I see a lot of picks in there that could end up steals & BB is right the depth at RB as compared to what has been in years past is amazing.

1 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 1.61

A 1.61 would assume that LT2 is actually being drafted #2 moreso than he is being drafted #1. What gives? Show of hands....who here would not draft LT2 with the first overall pick should he/she have it? IMO it's a no brainer. :D

A 1.61 would assume that LT2 is actually being drafted #2 moreso than he is being drafted #1. What gives? Show of hands....who here would not draft LT2 with the first overall pick should he/she have it? IMO it's a no brainer. :D

I certainly agree with you that LT should be considered the #1 overall selection, however, an argument can be made for taking SJax at #1 although he just hasn't scored enough TDs to move into the #1 spot. Some might feel that this may be the year he becomes a TD hound. He certainly does and will continue to get the touches regardless of Leonard being there and in PPR leagues he's even more valuable as he catches alot of balls. He also puts up great yardage. But those are all things LT does and does well, with the exception of the drop in receptions last year, which he more than made up for in TDs.

A non-keeper league could also be a start-up dynasty of keeper league. I could see a legit argument where an owner would want to take Jackson instead of LT in a league like that (not that I'd agree with it, but I could understand it). Then you have the odd league where homers might take a guy like Gore or Alexander first.

I'd also bet that PManning goes 1.01 in a few leauges, too...

:D People just don't get it do they? :D

A non-keeper league could also be a start-up dynasty of keeper league. I could see a legit argument where an owner would want to take Jackson instead of LT in a league like that (not that I'd agree with it, but I could understand it). Then you have the odd league where homers might take a guy like Gore or Alexander first.

You have to remember that there are a lot of very recreational leagues out there where guys like Manning and Brady will go 1-2. I think it's more likely that there are a few leagues where LT goes 6 or 7 because the many of the players are not as privy to FF strategy as most Huddlers are.

edit: I need to type faster

Edited by Dr. Love

The thing that really strikes me is first of all the depth at RB this year. It really allows owners for a lot more flexibility in drafts.

But doesn't it always seems like that every June?

Although, I think we're in the midst of a phase out of regular FF backs, coinciding with an influx of talent.

Without doing too many breakdowns (myself) when was the last time we had 3 solid rooks from the previous year (Bush, Addai & Maroney), 2 from the year before Caddy+Brown to go along with heir apparents in Peterson and Lynch? That's 7 fresh bodies in 3 years.

3 Johnson, Larry KCC RB 3.87

I'm not feeling super comfy with LJ this season. Too much work last year.

4 Bush, Reggie NOS RB 7

NO's rushing schedule is much more favorable this season. Could be a boon for both Bush and Deuce.

6 Addai, Joseph IND RB 8.02

Might be slightly high.

7 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 9.49

Might be slightly low.

8 Parker, Willie PIT RB 10.75

Can't readily justify it, but I wouldn't be shocked if FWP is a top 5 RB this season.

12 Portis, Clinton WAS RB 17.99

Too high with knee situation and Ladell Betts.

19 Jones, Thomas NYJ RB 38.21

20 Williams, Carnell TBB RB 40.87

23 Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 48.19

There will be a lot of fantasy football champions with these guys on their rosters this season.

Thomas Jones is going way too low. Behind McGahee, Brown, Benson? Benson hasn't proven anything, and the NYJ offence looks at least as good. McGahee is playing behind a mediocre line and gets banged up allot. Brown has a 37 year old and some guy named Cleo playing at QB and another mediocre line. Why is Jones lower than all those guys?

Glad I own Jones in 2 leagues. :D

Thomas Jones is going way too low. Behind McGahee, Brown, Benson? Benson hasn't proven anything, and the NYJ offence looks at least as good. McGahee is playing behind a mediocre line and gets banged up allot. Brown has a 37 year old and some guy named Cleo playing at QB and another mediocre line. Why is Jones lower than all those guys?

Glad I own Jones in 2 leagues. :D

Bensons O Line is much better than the Jets oLine. The jets OLine has a lot of the people in place, but they're young and still developing. I'll agree with you as far as McGahee goes, as Im not high on him at all.

All you need to look at with Ronnie Brown is what happens when he gets the ball 20+ times a game, and what Cam Cameron has done with runningbacks. Brown could be a monster this year... A top 5 monster.

All you need to look at with Ronnie Brown is what happens when he gets the ball 20+ times a game, and what Cam Cameron has done with runningbacks. Brown could be a monster this year... A top 5 monster.

That would be all fine and dandy. However, I can see Booker having a real nice year and stealing quite a few carries from Brown already this year.

That would be all fine and dandy. However, I can see Booker having a real nice year and stealing quite a few carries from Brown already this year.

I don't see it. I dont think Booker can be anything more than a 3rd down back at best. I don't know what we've seen from Cam to make us think that he'll split any serious time between his backs.

Agree that Bush is too high. Chalk it up to the glamour factor.

Bottom line is that his production will be neer on par with Westbrook.

Where Bush slightly exceeds Westbrook (probably) in receptions, Westbrook compensates with in the additional rushing (no McCallister type to vulture carries). TDs ought to be about the same.

If McCallister gets hurt, well then look out. So in essence he has more upside than Westbrook.