[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young works out with WRs

kingfish247

Obviously you see a lot of QBs and WRs working out together in the offseason but I don't think I've heard of anything like this. Vince seems to have gone to great lengths to bring his corps together. It definitely might be beneficial considering the lack of experience in that group. I guess we'll see if it pays off...

LINK

Young invites Tennessee receivers to Texas for workouts

June 7, 2007

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee quarterback Vince Young is going all out to bring some of the Titans receivers to Houston to work out during a break in training in Nashville.

Since being drafted in April 2006, the Houston native has talked about the importance of establishing a bond with his new teammates.

Receiver Brandon Jones said Young, who's footing the bill for his teammates, made it clear their attendance was important.

"And he wasn't going to take no for an answer," Jones told The Tennessean. "At first I was like, 'I can't get down there until Wednesday,' and he was like, 'No, no, get your butt down here.' Everybody had to put their excuses aside and we are now here and having fun and working."

The Titans finished their last minicamp May 31 and aren't scheduled for another workout until June 19.

"Vince thought it would be a good idea to keep working, and it's definitely beneficial in a number of ways," Jones said.

The Titans need their receivers to fill the void following the departures of Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade, the team's top two receivers last year. Third-year receivers Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams are also in Houston, along with undrafted rookie Clinton Solomon.

"Once I heard they were thinking about doing this, I wanted to be a part of it, and I switched some things around to make it happen," Roby said. "It is good to get away and into a new element and continue training and building more of a bond. It is something that will definitely help us."

:D:D

I do think this is a great story and shows tremendous leadership abilities. Not sure if it helps with fantasy production, but it can't hurt.

+1 No doubt there. It also shows someone who has the incredible desire to improve as an NFL QB.

+1 No doubt there. It also shows someone who has the incredible desire to improve as an NFL QB.

I have an option to keep VY as a 10th rounder. I'm still thinking hard about that. Could be a bargain (but I have other options too).

I have an option to keep VY as a 10th rounder. I'm still thinking hard about that. Could be a bargain (but I have other options too).

yeah, you have to keep him and trade me either Bush, Parker or Westbrook :D

yeah, you have to keep him and trade me either Bush, Parker or Westbrook :doh:

:D:tup:

You are most astute - those are indeed my other options.

All - thanks for the advice.....I didn't really mean to sneak an advice question into this forum. :D

All - thanks for the advice.....I didn't really mean to sneak an advice question into this forum. :D

Uh huh sure you didn't, so which one you trading me?

I do think this is a great story and shows tremendous leadership abilities.

100% agree. Tenn looks like they've got themselves yet another boanfide QB. :D

I wish the QB of my favorite team would exhibited similar traits. :D

Being the husband of a UT alum I'm pretty much a diehard Longhorn fan and haven't missed a game in 6 years (It really doesn't matter what college you went to if you marry a UT alum... your college and the college's sports will forever be inferior).

Young's OROY run was really no surprise despite his detractors... most following along the lines of him becoming another Slash or Vick. Probably deservedly so considering the less traditional offense at UT and riding the success of the championship run into the draft. But Young has a desire to win and a cool, confident, legitimate leadership ability that is up there with the likes of Manning and Brady. Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch and points out the obvious fact that Young hasn't even approached that level, I'm merely saying Young has always possessed those intangibles and for an NFL QB that can carry you a long way.